[COMPLETE][Novel][Erotica]Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: February 24th, 2024, 10:37 am Once again. Section 15. I Honestly apologize for my carelessness.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_15_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I was tempted to make it a bit louder but just didn’t dare mess with it for fear of goofing up something else.
No worries! Thank you for your patience with my PLing style! :lol: The volume is fine. PL OK!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
charito

Post by charito »

Hello,

here's section 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_17_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Duration: 45:49

So glad I made it. I had the flu and had to wait until my voice was back. Hope that everything's OK.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

charito wrote: February 28th, 2024, 12:59 pm Hello,

here's section 17

Duration: 45:49

So glad I made it. I had the flu and had to wait until my voice was back. Hope that everything's OK.
Thank you for section 17! It's very nicely done, and I hope you're feeling better now. I apologize for the delay in PLing! Here are my notes:

- At the very beginning, could you trim the silence down to about 0.5 to 1 second(s)?
- At 6:01, "We shan't be poor," I hear "Why shan't be poor" (p. 259)
- At 10:28, "What is c*nt but machine-f*cking?" I hear "What is c*nt by machine-f*cking?" (p. 261)
- At 15:39, "neither for us-selves not for anybody else," you say "neither for us-selves not tor anybody else" (p. 263)
- At 15:43, "We're forced to make a bit for us-selves," you say "We're forced to make a bit tor us-selves" (p. 263)
- At 17:36, "It's because th' men aren't men," I hear "It's because th' men am men" (p. 264)
- At 19:35, "Because when I feel the human world is doomed," you say "Because when I teel the human world is doomed" (p. 265)
- At 20:45, "if I've got one to live," I hear "if I've thought one to live" (p. 265)
- At 25:04, "Her sharp breasts rose and fell," I hear "Het sharp breasts rose and fell" (p. 267)
- At 28:04, "Connie could not help a sudden snirt of astonished laughter," could you say "Connie could not help a sudden snort of astonished laughter"? (p. 268) (This is one of the many typos that made their way into the first edition. I had to check a later edition to make sure about this word. :lol: )
- At 33:43, "She felt somehow, as if he were giving her tit for tat," I hear "She felt somehow, as he were giving her tit for tat" (p. 271)
- At 34:38, "And we shall know better where we are when I come back, shan't we?" I hear "And we shall know better when we are when I come back, shan't we?" (p. 271)
- At 35:10, "If only it doesn't bring her down on my head!" I hear "If only it doesn't bring fur down on my head!" (p. 272)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
charito

Post by charito »

Hi,

Thanks for the PLing. Here is the corrected version. I hope that this time, I got everything right :)

Duration: 45:44
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

charito wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:33 pm Hi,

Thanks for the PLing. Here is the corrected version. I hope that this time, I got everything right :)

Duration: 45:44
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll be BC and DPL for this project from now on, as per PM discussion with Scarbo.

relevant part, for the record:
Scarbo wrote:Thank you so much for taking over as BC and DPL! I'm letting go of my section 2 claim.
Thank you for the dedicated work so far. :) And section 2 is open again, so I move us over to Readers Wanted.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mfassio wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 10:21 pmHere are Sections 4 and 5 for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_04_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (25:47)
thank you Michael, great narration so far. You make the male discussion very lively. :thumbs:

On occasion, your silences run a bit too long. Everything over 2 seconds feels very long for a listener, I think and drags out the reading. :? I haven't mentioned them all now since this would be too many PL notes, but maybe it's something to consider for future recordings.

A few PL notes however for your consideration:

> from 14:36 to 14:38: (p. 39/40) between "they were more or" and "less bent on" – seeing it's the same sentence, this pause is really uncomfortably long

> at 15:28: (p. 40) "ineffable and fathomless" – you say "effable"

> at 17:51: (p. 41) "real knowledge" – you say "real life"

> at 19:42: (p. 42) "isn't quite defined" – I hear a sound "aye" before that, which could be cut

thanks, will try to PL the other two soon

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another great chapter. Clifford and Michaelis :? I wouldn't want either of them :lol: Let's see how Mellors will do...

only two textual errors here:

> at 3:08: (p. 47) "a thin and spindly sapling" – you say "shaping"
> at 15:33: (p. 53) "perhaps with impudence" – you say "imprudence"

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mfassio wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:57 pmHere is Section 9 for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_09_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (33:42)
and the last one for today !

just one single PL note:

> at 2:59: (p. 114) "will you give me that book" - you say "look"

the rest was perfect :) thank you

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

I would be happy to take Chapter 2 to complete filling out the sections, and of course, to participate in this iconic book.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: March 4th, 2024, 10:07 amI would be happy to take Chapter 2 to complete filling out the sections, and of course, to participate in this iconic book.
yes of course, welcome to the project and thanks for making us fully claimed again.

back to readers found then 8-)

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kitty wrote: March 4th, 2024, 10:53 am
msfry wrote: March 4th, 2024, 10:07 amI would be happy to take Chapter 2 to complete filling out the sections, and of course, to participate in this iconic book.
yes of course, welcome to the project and thanks for making us fully claimed again.

back to readers found then 8-)

Sonia
My father is frowning upon me from heaven above for doing this. He blamed D. H. Lawrence much for the "loose morals" of modern society, and for the women's lib movement in general. He was probably right, but then, he hated The Beatles for the same reason. :?
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael