[COMPLETE][Novel][Erotica]Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'm popping in briefly to confirm that I have had to let go of BCing and DPLing this project. Thank you, Sonia, for taking the helm!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh you deleted some pauses after all :? I meant it wasn't necessary for this time...now I had to relisten from the start because you did not tell me the exact time stamps where you changed things....with such long chapters that's a lot of time.

Rule of thumb: if you change anything not mentioned by the time stamps of the PL notes, please write down the time stamps of your edits, it will save your DPL a lot of unnecessary work.

Well, I listened to them all again and they are now PL ok, thank you.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mfassio wrote: March 4th, 2024, 4:17 pmHere is Section 10 for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_10_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (30:27)
another well narrated chapter, thanks :)

Just 2 small things to cut this time:

> at 20:51: (p. 138) repeat, can be cut "she saw a very brilliant little moon shining above the afterglow over the oaks" followed by the word "mistake"

> from 24:27 to 24:35: (p. 139/140) between "to be alone" and "he turned" – silence too long, should be cut to under 2 seconds at least

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 2 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_02_lawrence_128kb.mp3 20:02

Whew! Nothing too raucous in this chapter. :)
BrentPatrick

Post by BrentPatrick »

Section 20 for your review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Time: 51:40

Thanks,
Brent
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: March 6th, 2024, 11:32 amSection 2 is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_02_lawrence_128kb.mp3 20:02
Whew! Nothing too raucous in this chapter. :)
no indeed, even your father couldn't have taken offense at this :D wonderful narration, and I liked the bit where you spoke in the character of the local gossiping women. :thumbs: Highly enjoyable to listen to it all, so thank you for that.

Totally PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

woah, that wife Bertha is some sleazebag :shock: :lol: poor Mellors. Excellently narrated, Brent, thank you so much. Really enjoyed to listen to it all.

Textually all perfect, only the outro needs to be changed:

> at 51:33: "end of section 20" - you say "chapter 17"

thanks

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

I notice that the claim on Section 8 expires on 3/8, tomorrow. I scanned the chapter and it looks like it would be a fun challenge to read, and still no more risque than Chapter 2. So if you decide to reassign it, I'd like to claim it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: March 7th, 2024, 8:16 am I notice that the claim on Section 8 expires on 3/8, tomorrow. I scanned the chapter and it would be fun to read, and still no more risque than Chapter 2, so if you decide to reassign it, I'd like to claim it.
thank you, I will wait for tomorrow still, but if I haven't heard back from the reader till then, I would be happy to hand it over to you. :) but let's wait till the claim expires to be fair.

Sonia
BrentPatrick

Post by BrentPatrick »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2024, 6:26 am
woah, that wife Bertha is some sleazebag :shock: :lol: poor Mellors. Excellently narrated, Brent, thank you so much. Really enjoyed to listen to it all.

Textually all perfect, only the outro needs to be changed:

> at 51:33: "end of section 20" - you say "chapter 17"

thanks

Sonia
Yes that Bertha is a piece of work. Here is the revised version:

Thanks for the feedback.

Brent
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BrentPatrick wrote: March 7th, 2024, 8:41 amYes that Bertha is a piece of work. Here is the revised version:
perfect, definitely PL ok now, thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: March 7th, 2024, 8:16 amI notice that the claim on Section 8 expires on 3/8, tomorrow. I scanned the chapter and it looks like it would be a fun challenge to read, and still no more risque than Chapter 2. So if you decide to reassign it, I'd like to claim it.
so Michele, you're signed up :) I have not heard back from the reader and the deadline has expired now officially, so section 8 is yours. Thank you for keeping us in the readers found forum 8-)

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Kitty. I'm on it. First I gotta practice the gameskeeper's Derbyshire accent.
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Hi,
I would like an extension on my chapters please! I have been actively working on these as you know, but busy life and illness got in the way of finishing all so far.
Thank you.
Mike
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke