[COMPLETE][Novel][Erotica]Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fshort

Post by fshort »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_15_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Duration: 32:09

In one place I say "Thank you" instead of “thanks.” I thought a change might sound worse than leaving it.
Florence Short
"...he not busy being born is busy dying."
Lyrics from Bob Dylan song
fshort

Post by fshort »

To the proof listener

Re: Section 15, I listened to a bit of it after submitting it. I thought it sounded awfully fast. I wonder if in the playback mode i saved it when I meant just to proof it. What do you think? I’d change it if you advise.

Florence
Florence Short
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: February 15th, 2024, 7:08 am To the proof listener

Re: Section 15, I listened to a bit of it after submitting it. I thought it sounded awfully fast. I wonder if in the playback mode i saved it when I meant just to proof it. What do you think? I’d change it if you advise.

Florence
Thank you for section 15! I won't be able to proof-listen until tomorrow, but I listened to a little bit just now, and I don't think the speed is overly fast. The words are still clear. I'll leave it up to you as to whether to change the speed.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: February 15th, 2024, 6:14 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_15_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Duration: 32:09

In one place I say "Thank you" instead of “thanks.” I thought a change might sound worse than leaving it.
Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I apologize for the delay in PLing - something came up yesterday, so I wasn't able to finish then. I have just a few PL notes:

- At 0:32, "But he had forgotten, and even seemed to have a certain conceit of himself in his lameness," it sounds as though the end of "lameness" cuts off (p. 214)
- At 3:21, "They looked up the shallow valley at the mine," I hear "They looked up the shallow valley at the mind" (p. 216)
- At 18:07, "An he stood up," you say "As he stood up" (p. 225). (I had to check a later edition to make sure, but "An" is a typo for "And.")
- At 20:23, after "snarled Clifford," could you include the line "with all his emphasis"? (p. 227)
- At 25:25, "and the flamy of strength went down his back and his loins," could you say "and the flame of strength went down his back and his loins"? (p. 230) (This was another typo that was corrected in the later edition.)
- At 28:58, "I assure you, you were very elegant altogether out there in the wood" "you were very elegant" is cut out (p. 232)
- At the very end, could you say "End of section 15" instead of "End of chapter 13"?

Since "thanks" and "thank you" have the same meaning, that line is just fine as is! :)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
fshort

Post by fshort »

Got it. A lot of improvements will be forth coming.
Florence Short
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Scarbo wrote: January 20th, 2024, 12:57 pm
Thank you for section 6! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. Here are my PL notes:

- At 3:00, "How would you like me to start acting up like a continental male at this moment," I hear "Why would you like me to start acting up like a continental male at this moment" (p. 65)
- At 4:38, "Meanwhile you just lived on and there was nothing to it," I hear "Meanwhile she just lived on and there was nothing to it" (p. 65)
- At 6:22, "Then she gathered her defiance, and looked at him," I don't quite hear all of "defiance" (p. 67)
- At 7:16, "Then more sobs, but subduing," I hear "Then more sobs, but so doing" (p. 68)
- At 9:23, "the spoilt, false little female," I hear "the spot, false little female" (p. 69)
- At 9:27, "The keeper saluted in silence," I hear "The keeper slithered in silence" (p. 69)
- At 11:01, "and I don't think they're two as'd hit it off very easy," I hear "and I'll think they're two as'd hit it off very easy" (p. 70)
- At 11:51, "heartily relieved to get away from the contact," I hear "hardly relieved to get away from the contact" (p. 71)
- At 13:18, "In the very experience of the nothingness of life," you say "In the very existence of the nothingness of life" (p. 71)
- At 13:56, "and say finally: So that's that!" I hear "or say finally: So that's that!" (p. 72)
- At 16:46, "That seemed the simplest solution of the otherwise insoluble," I hear "It seemed as simple a solution of the otherwise insoluble" (p. 73)
- At 21:45, "In the little yard two paces beyond her," I hear "In the little yard two paces behind her" (p. 76)
- At 22:28, "She saw the clumsy breeches slipping down over the pure, delicate, white loins," you say "She saw the clumsy breeches slipping down over the pale, delicate, white loins" (p. 76)
- At 23:03, "But with her mind she was inclined to ridicule," I hear "But her mind she was inclined to ridicule" (p. 77)
- At 25:15, "His eyes were smiling again, a little mockingly," I don't quite hear "again" (p. 78)
I've fixed everything, I think. Now 27:52.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_06_lawrence_128kb.mp3
fshort

Post by fshort »

Section 15 corrected.

Duration: 39:22

0:39-0:45 But he had...lameness, p. 214

4:08-4:18 They looked up...mine p. 216

22:12-22:18 And he stood up. p. 225

24:58-25:00 with all his emphasis p. 227

31:10-31:14 and the flame.... p. 230

35:29-35.42 I assure you...you were very elegant.. p.232

39:15-39.17 End of section 15

I should know this: After correcting and saving file, do I need to upload it again? I did so. But I saw the corrected file replace the first one on my desktop.
Florence Short
fshort

Post by fshort »

An extra note to Scarbo:

I’m glad to know what a flamy down the loin is! I had looked it up to not avail of course.

I watched a pretty recent TV production of LCL. I recall it ended rather sweetly with Lady Chatterley and Game keeper planning to live together.
Florence Short
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I apologize, pyledriver and Florence, but I won't be able to spot-PL your sections today! I hope I can tomorrow.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

pyledriver wrote: February 19th, 2024, 5:28 pm I've fixed everything, I think. Now 27:52.

Thank you, and again I apologize for taking a little longer than usual to spot-PL! There's just one quick edit to make, and then you'll be all set: at 11:02, "and I don't think they're two as'd hit it off very easy," I hear "and I'll think they're two as'd hit it off very easy" (p. 70).

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: February 20th, 2024, 10:24 pm Section 15 corrected.

Duration: 39:22

0:39-0:45 But he had...lameness, p. 214

4:08-4:18 They looked up...mine p. 216

22:12-22:18 And he stood up. p. 225

24:58-25:00 with all his emphasis p. 227

31:10-31:14 and the flame.... p. 230

35:29-35.42 I assure you...you were very elegant.. p.232

39:15-39.17 End of section 15

I should know this: After correcting and saving file, do I need to upload it again? I did so. But I saw the corrected file replace the first one on my desktop.
Thank you, and once more I apologize for the delay in spot-PLing! There's just one quick edit to make, and then you'll be good to go: at 4:07, "They looked up the shallow valley at the mine," I hear "They looked up the shallow valley of the mine" (p. 216).

Yes, you'll need to upload corrected files, and I got the corrected one, so it's all good!

If I recall correctly, when Lawrence first published LCL, he was living in Italy and found a publisher who didn't speak English and therefore wouldn't be scandalized by the text. That might explain the typos such as "flamy"! Though he does use that word as an adjective elsewhere.

Sarah
fshort

Post by fshort »

Section 15 0nce again. Thanks for quick PL, patience, and info.

Duration: 39:21
Florence Short
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 7:57 am Section 15 0nce again. Thanks for quick PL, patience, and info.

Duration: 39:21
Thank you! At 4:07, "They looked up the shallow valley at the mine," I'm hearing "They looked up the shallow valley at the mind." If you could make that quick edit when you have a chance, this section will be ready to go!

Sarah
fshort

Post by fshort »

Once again. Section 15. I Honestly apologize for my carelessness.

I was tempted to make it a bit louder but just didn’t dare mess with it for fear of goofing up something else.
Florence Short
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Scarbo wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 5:19 pm
pyledriver wrote: February 19th, 2024, 5:28 pm I've fixed everything, I think. Now 27:52.

Thank you, and again I apologize for taking a little longer than usual to spot-PL! There's just one quick edit to make, and then you'll be all set: at 11:02, "and I don't think they're two as'd hit it off very easy," I hear "and I'll think they're two as'd hit it off very easy" (p. 70).
I'm hearing "I don't" although my accent abbreviated the "don't."