COMPLETE: Money For Nothing by P. G. Wodehouse - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:29 pm I'm sorry to have been so long. Chapter 3 didn't seem worth uploading by itself, and 4 took a while to get done. Thank you for all of your help.
No need to apologize. It was worth the wait. Just love some of those characters.

Great job with both chapters. 3 and 4 are both PL OK.

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. This book is as much fun to read as I had been hoping it would be. Chapter 5 is uploaded.
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 6 is uploaded. Thank you for all of your help.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: January 26th, 2024, 11:10 am Thank you very much. This book is as much fun to read as I had been hoping it would be. Chapter 5 is uploaded.
Love Emily. :) She is such a sweetheart. Another enjoyable chapter, which also happens to be PL OK.

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: January 27th, 2024, 7:25 am Chapter 6 is uploaded. Thank you for all of your help.
Not just Emily, but a talking warbler too. :)

Enjoyed listening to Mr. Carmody climb up to the second story of his home. I am surprised that Hugo didn't make use of the perfect opportunity to get the funds for his partnership with Ronnie by holding the ladder hostage.

This chapter is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

It certainly does seem like that would have been a golden opportunity for Hugo. I'm glad you're enjoying the book, and I very much appreciate your taking this on as a proof listener. I just finished editing Chapter 7 and uploaded it. Thank you very much.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:53 pm It certainly does seem like that would have been a golden opportunity for Hugo. I'm glad you're enjoying the book, and I very much appreciate your taking this on as a proof listener. I just finished editing Chapter 7 and uploaded it. Thank you very much.
That was a long chapter. Loved Hugo having fun with Chimp. He has never been a favorite of mine so some fun at his expense. :lol:

This chapter is PL OK.

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 8 is uploaded. This one is a more sedate chapter, with less pity and terror per page.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: February 4th, 2024, 6:00 pm Chapter 8 is uploaded. This one is a more sedate chapter, with less pity and terror per page.
Good job. Another PL OK. Sounds like John is getting a little less "slow".
zachh

Post by zachh »

Chapter 9 is uploaded, and it's another fairly long one, but they'll be getting shorter from here. Thank you very much.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:09 am Chapter 9 is uploaded, and it's another fairly long one, but they'll be getting shorter from here. Thank you very much.
That was a long chapter, but most fun. I enjoyed the antics of the criminal element. This is PL OK.

M
gweeks

Post by gweeks »

gweeks wrote: January 1st, 2024, 9:52 am Project has been started at PGDP for PG. Scan are at:

https://archive.org/details/money-for-nothing_202401/mode/2up
Posted to PG.

https://gutenberg.org/ebooks/72972

Greg
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

gweeks wrote: February 18th, 2024, 4:16 am
gweeks wrote: January 1st, 2024, 9:52 am Project has been started at PGDP for PG. Scan are at:

https://archive.org/details/money-for-nothing_202401/mode/2up
Posted to PG.

https://gutenberg.org/ebooks/72972

Greg
Thanks,

M
zachh

Post by zachh »

I'm sorry it's been so long since the last chapter. Chapter 10 is uploaded. I got sick for a bit and couldn't record, and then I had fallen behind on other things. I hope to get the remaining chapters read this month.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

zachh wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 2:15 pm I'm sorry it's been so long since the last chapter. Chapter 10 is uploaded. I got sick for a bit and couldn't record, and then I had fallen behind on other things. I hope to get the remaining chapters read this month.
Don't worry about it. I am glad you are feeling better.

Chapter 10 :lol:
It was worth the wait. Soapy and the butler discussing roberts, oh my.

This chapter is PL OK.

Thanks,

M