[SOLO] U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953, Volume 5: Operations in West Korea - brrot

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953, Volume 5: Operations in West Korea, by Pat Meid and James Yingling
In March 1952 the 1st Marine Division redeployed from the East-Central front to West Korea. This new sector, nearly 35 miles in length, anchored the far western end of I Corps and was one of the most critical of the entire Eighth Army line. Here the Marines blocked the enemy’s goal of penetrating to Seoul, the South Korean capital. Northwest of the Marine Main Line of Resistance, less than five miles distant, lay Panmunjom, site of the sporadic truce negotiations. (Summary by L. F. Chapman, Jr.)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/65011

Target completion date: 2024-03-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
  • Project Code: uSz6YZpw
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 61
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known): 1972
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/War & Military

Keywords that describe the book: kaesong, ccf, korea; korean war;, communism;, warfare;, marines history;, 38th parallel;, panmunjom, nkpa

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953 - Volume V Operations in West Korea. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953 - Volume V Operations in West Korea, by Pat Meid and James Yingling. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953 - Volume V Operations in West Korea, by Pat Meid and James Yingling. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of U. S. Marine Operations In Korea 1950–1953 - Volume V Operations in West Korea, by Pat Meid and James Yingling."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: marineskorea5_##_meid_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. marineskorea5_01_meid_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: brownrottger

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DPL Checking in :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

silverquill wrote: December 31st, 2023, 4:00 pm DPL Checking in :D
Awesome! This is gonna be a bit longer than the other 4. The original author of the other volumes, Lynn Montross, passed away in between volume 4 and 5, so a new crew of authors. They appear to have a more “wordy” style. Will be fun none-the-less
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Hello, I am Eunah Choi from South Korea.
I am so grateful to Aaron Bennett for his comitment to record all five volumes of this series.
And my thanks also goes out to Larry Wilson for prooflistening all the five recordings.
Thank you, and happy new year!
From South Korea,
Eunah Choi
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

rita1075 wrote: December 31st, 2023, 10:56 pm Hello, I am Eunah Choi from South Korea.
I am so grateful to Aaron Bennett for his comitment to record all five volumes of this series.
And my thanks also goes out to Larry Wilson for prooflistening all the five recordings.
Thank you, and happy new year!
From South Korea,
Eunah Choi
Thank you, Eunah. Happy New Year
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi, I will happily MC again for you guys! I am going to change the title and filename to match the previous volumes. Off to Going Solo.
Happy New Year!
Christine
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

brownrottger wrote: January 1st, 2024, 10:33 am Hi, I will happily MC again for you guys! I am going to change the title and filename to match the previous volumes. Off to Going Solo.
Happy New Year!
Christine
Great! Thanks for joining us again, Christine. MW should be set now.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Off we go to Going Solo!
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

Hold off on PLing this, Larry. Something isn’t right with the audio. I’m using a new mic setup and I need to make some adjustments
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

Ok, this is much better and now good. Sorry for the confusion...

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/marineskorea5_00_meid_128kb.mp3 (8:30)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

aeb2468 wrote: January 6th, 2024, 10:14 am Ok, this is much better and now good. Sorry for the confusion...

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/marineskorea5_00_meid_128kb.mp3 (8:30)
Yep, sounds better, and with a PL OK, we are undeway!
~ Larry
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 1 is PL OK!
~ Larry
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »