[RELIGION] The Crystal Pointers, by Frank W. Boreham-mtf

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

FigureofSpeech wrote: February 25th, 2024, 11:01 pm Hi! I just recently got the OK for my 1-minute test.

I'd like to record Chapter 2 - Pockets, and Chapter 22 - Kisses. Would it be possible to be assigned these two sections?

I'm happy to take any advice or recommendations if you think these two sections might be a lot to take on for a beginner. :)
Thank you for your interest in this project!

Well, there was a request for Section 2 that came in ahead of yours, but I will save 22 for you. Best to start out with just one anyway. And, there will be plenty more to chose from.

I just need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name, pseudonym, or any nickname/handle you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

Glad to have you joining us!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
FigureofSpeech

Post by FigureofSpeech »

silverquill wrote: February 26th, 2024, 12:51 am

Well, there was a request for Section 2 that came in ahead of yours, but I will save 22 for you. Best to start out with just one anyway. And, there will be plenty more to chose from.

I just need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name, pseudonym, or any nickname/handle you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

Sorry that I didn't see the previous request for Chapter 2! I'm very happy with just taking on Chapter 22. :)

Are there pros or cons to using your real name vs. a handle?

If there's no real difference in the long run, I'm happy with my work being listed under my username, FigureOfSpeech.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

FigureofSpeech wrote: February 26th, 2024, 5:57 pm
silverquill wrote: February 26th, 2024, 12:51 am

Sorry that I didn't see the previous request for Chapter 2! I'm very happy with just taking on Chapter 22. :)

Are there pros or cons to using your real name vs. a handle?

If there's no real difference in the long run, I'm happy with my work being listed under my username, FigureOfSpeech.
It is totally a matter of personal preference. Some value anonymity for various reasons, which is fine. I like to be more personal, so I use my real name. When a book is compiled, the table of contents shows the display name, which in my case is my full name rather than just silverquill. I'll go ahead and put you in under your user name, but we can change should you desire other wise.

I'm assigning you Chapter 22. Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
cmensch

Post by cmensch »

Hello, I would like to sign up for chapter 3, if no one else has claimed it yet. Thank you!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cmensch wrote: February 26th, 2024, 6:25 pm Hello, I would like to sign up for chapter 3, if no one else has claimed it yet. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Here is a direct link to instructions for the one-minute sample recording:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or any nickname or handle you wish.
~ Larry
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Here is section 2 (14:07). It's quite amusing that the pocket vs. no pocket debate has gone on for eons.

And yet, women still have to hope designers remember to give us practical pockets *sigh*

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/crystalpointers_02_boreham_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Cbteddy wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:01 pm Hello! Here is section 2 (14:07). It's quite amusing that the pocket vs. no pocket debate has gone on for eons.

And yet, women still have to hope designers remember to give us practical pockets *sigh*

Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Cbteddy wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:01 pm Hello! Here is section 2 (14:07). It's quite amusing that the pocket vs. no pocket debate has gone on for eons.

Great job. You just need to add about 0.5 seconds of silence to the start so that there is between 0.5 and 1 second of silence there.

I don't like clothes without pockets. Unfortunately I never seem to think of that when I am buying something and all too often there are no pockets. I concur with your "sigh".

Thanks,

M
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

mleigh wrote: March 1st, 2024, 8:19 pm

Great job. You just need to add about 0.5 seconds of silence to the start so that there is between 0.5 and 1 second of silence there.

I don't like clothes without pockets. Unfortunately I never seem to think of that when I am buying something and all too often there are no pockets. I concur with your "sigh".

Thanks,

M
Thanks M! Added about 1/2 a second of silence at the beginning. I can't believe I missed that! Run time is 14:07 (an a 1/2)

Truth about pockets! We'll just keep hoping someone comes along with an amazing revolution regarding equal pockets for all someday!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks. I'll go ahead and mark this Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Cbteddy wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 8:40 am
mleigh wrote: March 1st, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thanks,

M
Thanks M! Added about 1/2 a second of silence at the beginning. I can't believe I missed that! Run time is 14:07 (an a 1/2)

Truth about pockets! We'll just keep hoping someone comes along with an amazing revolution regarding equal pockets for all someday!
This is PL OK now. :)

Thanks,

M
FigureofSpeech

Post by FigureofSpeech »

Hi!

Here's the link to Chapter 22 - Kisses (17:06):
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/crystalpointers_22_boreham_128kb.mp3

Thanks for taking the time to listen and provide any feedback. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

FigureofSpeech wrote: March 4th, 2024, 5:29 pm Hi!

Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL

M will have a report for you soon.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

FigureofSpeech wrote: March 4th, 2024, 5:29 pm Hi!

Such a touching chapter and beautifully read as well. :)
I've only got one change for you to make and then it should be PL OK.

please add about 1 second of silence to the end so that there are about 5 seconds of silence

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,

M
FigureofSpeech

Post by FigureofSpeech »

mleigh wrote: March 6th, 2024, 7:48 pm
Such a touching chapter and beautifully read as well. :)
I've only got one change for you to make and then it should be PL OK.

please add about 1 second of silence to the end so that there are about 5 seconds of silence

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,

M
I added the extra 1 second of silence at the end. Please let me know if I added to much and need trim back.

Thank you sooo much for the compliment! I was a bit worried about my first reading so I tried to pick a book and chapter that I would find fun. I really enjoyed the author's writing style. He truly touched on the humor, delicacy, romance, charm, and even the religious and political importance of kisses. I appreciated the variety of perspectives he took on just this one topic.

I'm looking forward to more fun reads! Feel free to let me know if you've got any suggestions for fun reads in either English or Spanish.

Thanks again,
Claudia