[COMPLETE] English The Nibelungenlied translated by G H Needler - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

More scheming by Hagen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_21_needler_128kb.mp3

We are roughly 1/2 through the poem. I wanted to let you know how much I have appreciated your prompt PL work - it's been great! :clap:
Also, if you have any suggestions for mid-course corrections, let me know.

Now off to watch the Super Bowl!

--Kurt
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

kwpapke wrote: February 11th, 2024, 2:32 pm More scheming by Hagen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_21_needler_128kb.mp3

We are roughly 1/2 through the poem. I wanted to let you know how much I have appreciated your prompt PL work - it's been great! :clap:
Also, if you have any suggestions for mid-course corrections, let me know.

Now off to watch the Super Bowl!

--Kurt
Thanks I am really enjoying this epic poem and your presentation of it! Section 21 is PL ok.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Don't marry for love, marry for vengeance saith Kriemhild!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_22_needler_128kb.mp3 44:54

--Kurt
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

kwpapke wrote: February 12th, 2024, 12:12 pm Don't marry for love, marry for vengeance saith Kriemhild!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_22_needler_128kb.mp3 44:54

--Kurt
Yup! Section 22 is PL ok.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 23 is PL ok.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 24 is PL ok.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

With librivox down a while (for me) I have two sections in the can for you:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_25_needler_128kb.mp3 11:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/nibelungenlied_26_needler_128kb.mp3 25:49

Kriemhild sets up luring Hagen into her clutches!!

--Kurt
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 25 is PL ok.
Section 26 the Section Title in the MW doesn't match the book. Should be "Schwemmel". You have "Schlemiel" (as in Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!” :mrgreen: If you get that reference then you are showing your age as I am. :P After you edit the Section Title you can just mark it PL ok. The recording itself is correct.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

brownrottger wrote: February 17th, 2024, 7:48 pm Section 26 the Section Title in the MW doesn't match the book. Should be "Schwemmel". You have "Schlemiel" (as in Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!” :mrgreen: If you get that reference then you are showing your age as I am. :P After you edit the Section Title you can just mark it PL ok. The recording itself is correct.
Could you have another listen? The W is pronounced like a V, so I hear "Schvemmel".

Also, I was born and raised in Milwaukee, so I grew up with The Fonz, Laverne and Shirley. Speaking of showing my age, there will be a gap in my recording work starting next Wednesday when I travel to Portland OR for a week for my grandson's 7th birthday. I will be away from my microphone for about a week, so you'll get a much-needed break from Kriemhild.

Let me know what you think of my pronunciation of Schvemmel.

--Kurt
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

kwpapke wrote: February 18th, 2024, 1:43 pm
brownrottger wrote: February 17th, 2024, 7:48 pm Section 26 the Section Title in the MW doesn't match the book. Should be "Schwemmel". You have "Schlemiel" (as in Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!” :mrgreen: If you get that reference then you are showing your age as I am. :P After you edit the Section Title you can just mark it PL ok. The recording itself is correct.
Could you have another listen? The W is pronounced like a V, so I hear "Schvemmel".

Also, I was born and raised in Milwaukee, so I grew up with The Fonz, Laverne and Shirley. Speaking of showing my age, there will be a gap in my recording work starting next Wednesday when I travel to Portland OR for a week for my grandson's 7th birthday. I will be away from my microphone for about a week, so you'll get a much-needed break from Kriemhild.

Let me know what you think of my pronunciation of Schvemmel.

--Kurt
Your pronunciation is spot on. It is just the text you put in the MW that was the problem. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you have a blast!!
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

brownrottger wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:17 pm
Your pronunciation is spot on. It is just the text you put in the MW that was the problem. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you have a blast!!
Oooooooh, sorry I misunderstood. Yes, that's an infamous spelling auto-correct problem in the browser. Let me see if I can fix it.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 26 and 27 are PL ok.