[PROVERBS/BIBLE] Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot - loa

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot (1808 - 1875)
These illustrations of the Proverbs are not critical, continuous, exhaustive. The comments, in imitation of the text, are intended to be brief, practical, miscellaneous, isolated. The reader may, however, perceive a principle of unity running through the whole, if he takes his stand at the outset on the writer's view point — a desire to lay the Christian System along the surface of common life, without removing it from its foundations in the doctrines of Grace. The authority of the instructions must be divine; the form transparently human. (Summary by To the Reader)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/lawsfromheavenfo00arnorich

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 1 month of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other; *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, bible, sermons, book of proverbs

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot*. Section Title."

*Are-Not

Special Notes:
  • When reading the text from Proverbs at the start of each chapter, you can say 'Proverbs chapter x, verse(s) y'. Eg: "xvi. 2,3" "Proverbs chapter 16 verses 2 and 3."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Laws from Heaven for Life on Earth, by William Arnot."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: lawsfromheaven_###_arnot_128kb.mp3 where ### is the section number. (e.g. lawsfromheaven_001_arnot_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lorda

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by InTheDesert on January 11th, 2024, 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

I'm looking for a DPL, though I will do it myself if nobody would like to pick it up.
Projected total recording length: 22 hours

Sections:
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
Areduto

Post by Areduto »

ITD, I'll DPL for you.
Arlene
Arlene Mae
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Areduto wrote: December 25th, 2023, 8:48 pm ITD, I'll DPL for you.
Arlene
Thankyou Arlene! This is a group projwct, not a solo so it can be more work to DPL but I'd be glad to have you along after you excellent work on William Perkins.
Areduto

Post by Areduto »

That's fine. Where are we in this project? Still looking for readers? Etc
Arlene Mae
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Areduto wrote: December 25th, 2023, 8:57 pm That's fine. Where are we in this project? Still looking for readers? Etc
I've just launched it. An MC will pick it up in due course and then we'll be ready for readers to make claims.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

I can MC this project. Give me some minutes an I'll be back with the MW.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

The MW is ready to get filled.
I've added Areduto as DPL.

Have fun. :wink:
Bernd

reader page of lorda

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Thankyou! We are ready for claims.
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Moved to 'Readers Wanted: Books'. 8-)
Bernd

reader page of lorda

Abmari

Post by Abmari »

Hello! Would love to take on 0-4 :)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Abmari wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 4:25 pm Hello! Would love to take on 0-4 :)
Welcome to Librivox!
It would be great to have you record for this project. It looks like you haven't completed your 1 minute test recording yet. It's not really a test, more like a technical specs check to make sure you can produce mp3s that fit the Librivox technical standards. You can find all the info you need here. There is a video tutorial on the test recording here here and some more detailed instructional videos here. You might also want to try this tool to check your own technical specs so that you can pass the test recording on your first try. The most common issue is with overall volume and the easiest fix is to use the Audacity 'Loudness Normalization' effect set to -19 LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode. Post your recording in this forum and once someone replies to your thread to give it an OK, you can post back in this thread saying you're ready to record. See you soon (hopefully)! Don't be one of the many people who appear and then disappear without a trace! You'd be missing out on all the fun of Librivox.
AnneGowan

Post by AnneGowan »

May I do section 90, Mercy and Truth?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

AnneGowan wrote: January 7th, 2024, 7:19 am May I do section 90, Mercy and Truth?
Done!
gabbydomi

Post by gabbydomi »

GabbyDomi :thumbs:
“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright