Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Narrator Act One has been edited and reuploaded. New length is 3:56
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you for the additions, Christine! It will give Ehsan more options on what he'd like to use or not in the final files :thumbs:
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 6th, 2024, 10:42 am A few remarks on Narrator, as optional:
at 3:17 the name Thyestes is a bit jarring, maybe you can edit it a bit to match volume and pitch with the rest of the phrase or re-record the phrase.
after that text, around 3:20 in the recording, I would add "Act 1" and depending on what the BC's/editor's preference is, I would announce each character at first appearance - maybe Ehsan would like to comment on that.

So, what I'm suggesting would go:

"...Thyestes entirely in his power.

Act one.

The Ghost of Tantalus.

The Fury.

He cries aloud as to his family.

To the Fury.

They vanish.

Chorus.

End of Act one."
I did not quite understand the suggestion but I think Alan's comment makes it easy for me, so as I understand it, you are saying- instead of heaping all the characters and reader names in the Dramatis personae category, we can add each reader's intro at the entry of each character? If so, I think that's an excellent idea. One of the problems I always face is being confused about who is who because I do not remember the Dramatis Personae list after the announcement haha. So I would like to proceed with this suggestion.
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

AgnesRobert wrote: February 9th, 2024, 7:39 pm Chorus, act I

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thyestes_chorus_1.mp3 (3:57)

Chorus, act II

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thyestes_chorus_2.mp3 (3:21)

Chorus, act III

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thyestes_chorus_3.mp3 (5:02)

four is recorded and shall be here soon
Thank you for the files Agnes!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Agnes!

Chorus is PL OK!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

ehsanesque wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:47 pm I did not quite understand the suggestion but I think Alan's comment makes it easy for me, so as I understand it, you are saying- instead of heaping all the characters and reader names in the Dramatis personae category, we can add each reader's intro at the entry of each character? If so, I think that's an excellent idea. One of the problems I always face is being confused about who is who because I do not remember the Dramatis Personae list after the announcement haha. So I would like to proceed with this suggestion.
Haha, now I'm confused, but I don't think we are describing the same idea.
My suggestion was for the narrator to read the character's name before the character's first speech in the scene, mainly as a clue to the listener so that they know which character is about to speak. The readers' intro would still be in the Dramatis Personae section.
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 11th, 2024, 10:47 am
ehsanesque wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:47 pm I did not quite understand the suggestion but I think Alan's comment makes it easy for me, so as I understand it, you are saying- instead of heaping all the characters and reader names in the Dramatis personae category, we can add each reader's intro at the entry of each character? If so, I think that's an excellent idea. One of the problems I always face is being confused about who is who because I do not remember the Dramatis Personae list after the announcement haha. So I would like to proceed with this suggestion.
Haha, now I'm confused, but I don't think we are describing the same idea.
My suggestion was for the narrator to read the character's name before the character's first speech in the scene, mainly as a clue to the listener so that they know which character is about to speak. The readers' intro would still be in the Dramatis Personae section.
Oh right...I get it now. Noted. Thanks.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK for Narrator 2, 4, 5! :clap:

In 3, see if you'd like to add
- around 0:35 for Tantalus, also "[one of Thyestes' sons]"
- and right after the above, "Thyestes [in soliloquy]"
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 17th, 2024, 2:37 am PL OK for Narrator 2, 4, 5! :clap:

In 3, see if you'd like to add
- around 0:35 for Tantalus, also "[one of Thyestes' sons]"
- and right after the above, "Thyestes [in soliloquy]"
Of course!
JosephS

Post by JosephS »

ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

JosephS wrote: February 17th, 2024, 6:15 pm Thyestes Act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thyestes_thyestes_3.mp3
Excellent panache Joseph! I love it. I hope you do more and more narrating at Librivox. You can also do solo projects if you like, find more here : viewtopic.php?t=13513

As for this recording, Rupanzelina will PL soon. :thumbs: