[OPEN] Multilingual Short Works Collection 036 - Poetry & Prose - thw

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
Meribau

Post by Meribau »

Hi!!

I have recorded it again. Hope this time is all OK. Thank you!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw036_adiosrios,adiosfontes_castro_mb_128kb.mp3 (2:36)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Meribau wrote: April 21st, 2024, 4:49 amI have recorded it again. Hope this time is all OK. Thank you!!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw036_adiosrios,adiosfontes_castro_mb_128kb.mp3 (2:36)
thank you, now it's PL ok :thumbs: though you did not have to re-record it from scratch. In fact, it's best always to just edit the PL notes and nothing else. That way, it saves you time and also the DPL, because I had to relisten to it all again now instead of just a short Spot check. And there is always the risk of other errors in new recordings. ;) So editing is preferred to re-recording.

Also, the link should not include commas, but no need to reupload, I can correct the link in the database now. But it's always best to just use the exact same filename than before, that way the old recording gets replaced by the new one in the MW.

Thank you

Sonia
Meribau

Post by Meribau »

Kitty wrote: April 21st, 2024, 5:13 am
Meribau wrote: April 21st, 2024, 4:49 amI have recorded it again. Hope this time is all OK. Thank you!!
thank you, now it's PL ok :thumbs: though you did not have to re-record it from scratch. In fact, it's best always to just edit the PL notes and nothing else. That way, it saves you time and also the DPL, because I had to relisten to it all again now instead of just a short Spot check. And there is always the risk of other errors in new recordings. ;) So editing is preferred to re-recording.

Also, the link should not include commas, but no need to reupload, I can correct the link in the database now. But it's always best to just use the exact same filename than before, that way the old recording gets replaced by the new one in the MW.

Thank you

Sonia
Thank you Sonia. I have just started in Librivox and sometimes I find it harder to just edit than to record it again but I´m learning and hopefully I´ll be able to make the right editing! thank you for your time!

Meri
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I have a few questions. Given that this volume is drawing to a close, I figured I may ask them now, seeing as one of them relates to one of my sections. I'll just add the rest :)
1. One of my submission for this volume has the author who is known under two versions of his name (that was the "Zimorowicz/Zimorowic" one). Is it possible to arrange it in such way that both are searchable or do I have to pick one and when someone reads something where the author is credited with the other form MCs have to scratch their heads?
2. I have an idea to read a text but it's pretty messy as far as bibliographical footnotes go. See for yourself (linking the English version, but I'm planning to read the Polish translation https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Species_(1872)/Preface ) As you can see, sometimes Darwin gives bibliographical details in parentheses all on its own, sometimes in the text, sometimes it's a part of a longer footnote. Do you have any suggestion how to tackle this? And yes, I realise this is mostly up to me, but maybe you can advise something.
3. What are the rules about newspaper articles? I go by the publication date of the relevant issue, but what about the author? Do I have to check his death date too, being from a death+70 country? The event that was described took part in the late 1890s and the article was contemporaneous, so there isn't much danger, but still I'd be interested to know.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Piotrek81 wrote: May 1st, 2024, 9:00 am I have a few questions. Given that this volume is drawing to a close, I figured I may ask them now, seeing as one of them relates to one of my sections. I'll just add the rest :)
1. One of my submission for this volume has the author who is known under two versions of his name (that was the "Zimorowicz/Zimorowic" one). Is it possible to arrange it in such way that both are searchable or do I have to pick one and when someone reads something where the author is credited with the other form MCs have to scratch their heads?
Zimorowicz is already searchable in our catalog as an alternative name.
2. I have an idea to read a text but it's pretty messy as far as bibliographical footnotes go. See for yourself (linking the English version, but I'm planning to read the Polish translation https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Species_(1872)/Preface ) As you can see, sometimes Darwin gives bibliographical details in parentheses all on its own, sometimes in the text, sometimes it's a part of a longer footnote. Do you have any suggestion how to tackle this? And yes, I realise this is mostly up to me, but maybe you can advise something.
It's common to skip footnotes or sections that consist purely of bibliographical information. If a footnote contains a comment followed by a bibliographical note, it's also acceptable to skip the note. If you have some bibliographical information embedded in running text, you should normally read it.
3. What are the rules about newspaper articles? I go by the publication date of the relevant issue, but what about the author? Do I have to check his death date too, being from a death+70 country? The event that was described took part in the late 1890s and the article was contemporaneous, so there isn't much danger, but still I'd be interested to know.
This is a matter of your personal compliance with the laws of your country (newspaper article or not). As long as the text is PD in the US based its publication date, we can publish its recording at LV.

Michael
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Kazbek wrote: May 1st, 2024, 6:51 pm
Zimorowicz is already searchable in our catalog as an alternative name.
Thanks. It didn't occur to me to check.

I think I'll go with that article next. I have to think some things through before I record that Darwin bit.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS