(Complete) Women of the War-lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: January 12th, 2024, 3:25 pm Take your time, I'll just keep posting at my leisure. Section 02 is ready for PL.

T
Also PL OK. What an interesting chapter. I never thought of milking cows as heroic but it certainly was. And those Scottish women rejected by the war office funding and running hospitals all over Europe!
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

It is incredible that you are doing the very work in this book, and that of a solo I completed in 2023, Women as Army Surgeons, by Dr. Flora Murray. From the perspective of these stories, I'm surprised men are allowed to work in the field :lol: :lol: .

As for milking cows, I was as surprised as you that the women on farms hadn't been already accustomed to this labor. My mother and hers before her worked side by side with male relatives at the labor of farming and ranching. In such a hardscrabble life it's all hands on deck.

I have posted section 3 for PL.

Tina
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: January 18th, 2024, 12:52 pm It is incredible that you are doing the very work in this book, and that of a solo I completed in 2023, Women as Army Surgeons, by Dr. Flora Murray. From the perspective of these stories, I'm surprised men are allowed to work in the field :lol: :lol: .
My Chief Medical Officer also happens to be a female trauma surgeon - I shall put your point to her.

TrLove wrote: January 18th, 2024, 12:52 pm
As for milking cows, I was as surprised as you that the women on farms hadn't been already accustomed to this labor. My mother and hers before her worked side by side with male relatives at the labor of farming and ranching. In such a hardscrabble life it's all hands on deck.

I have posted section 3 for PL.

Tina
PL OK

You know I love your accent and pronunciation and normally say nothing but I feel I ought to let you know for future reference a little quirk: that the second W in Woolwich is silent in British English, making it sound like Wool-ich. Your call whether you disregard- just for your info.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Oh, good glory, Woolwich flew right under my radar. It does very much matter to me, thank you. I have the text in Kindle, so I can search for the word and correct it. I’ll upload the corrections and give you time marks for spot PLs. Again, thank you for knowing this.
T
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Okie dokie, Section 01 is ready for spot PL at 14:53, 15:05, 15:20 and 16:06.

Section 03 is ready for spot PL at 11:18.

While your praise is great for my morale, your critique is vital to my work product.

Thanks again,
T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:09 pm Okie dokie, Section 01 is ready for spot PL at 14:53, 15:05, 15:20 and 16:06.

Section 03 is ready for spot PL at 11:18.

While your praise is great for my morale, your critique is vital to my work product.

Thanks again,
T
Both are PL OK thanks. In that case I should have let you know earlier. Was hesitant cos of the Librivox rule 🤷‍♂️
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 4 is posted.

T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: January 25th, 2024, 10:41 am Section 4 is posted.

T
Perfect thanks
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 5 is posted. Sorry to be dragging my feet on getting these recorded...the weather is so beautiful and varied this time of year, I simply must be out in it. Following a dog on a muddy trail through the forest is so much more fun than sitting down to work. :D

T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: January 31st, 2024, 2:26 pm Section 5 is posted. Sorry to be dragging my feet on getting these recorded...the weather is so beautiful and varied this time of year, I simply must be out in it. Following a dog on a muddy trail through the forest is so much more fun than sitting down to work. :D

T
No worries at all. Like anything so beautiful it's well worth waiting for. What a fabulous section. I'm very taken with the Stoneys. It's so good that more people will get to know about them once we release this recording. PL OK 👌
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 6 is posted. I'm constantly amazed how constantly amazed the male establishment was at the type of work women could do.

T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 6th, 2024, 12:31 pm Section 6 is posted. I'm constantly amazed how constantly amazed the male establishment was at the type of work women could do.

T
I think you might be being a tad harsh. It might just be gushing admiration. But then as an alleged member of said male establishment I had better keep my privileged white, male, bigoted, patronising mouth shut 😂

PS - PL OK
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Both points taken. :thumbs:

Section 7 is posted for PL. In the middle is a tribute to Miss Ashwell, who brought music and entertainment to the troops, as did my own father during over 30 years with the USAF Band. :clap:

T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 9th, 2024, 4:00 pm Both points taken. :thumbs:

Section 7 is posted for PL. In the middle is a tribute to Miss Ashwell, who brought music and entertainment to the troops, as did my own father during over 30 years with the USAF Band. :clap:

T
So cool that we both have personal connections.

Tina - have you changed your recording setup for this and the last section compared to previous? I detect a teeny weeny drop in quality making you sound ever so slightly 'pixelated' or whatever the audio equivalent is. I might be the only one that would notice being one of your dedicated PLs. It's not bad enough to warrant a note but knowing how particular you are I thought it was worth a chat.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

PaulWelford wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:19 am
TrLove wrote: February 9th, 2024, 4:00 pm Both points taken. :thumbs:

T
So cool that we both have personal connections.

Tina - have you changed your recording setup for this and the last section compared to previous? I detect a teeny weeny drop in quality making you sound ever so slightly 'pixelated' or whatever the audio equivalent is. I might be the only one that would notice being one of your dedicated PLs. It's not bad enough to warrant a note but knowing how particular you are I thought it was worth a chat.
I’ll double check - I must have missed a step. Hold off until I get back to you. May be 2 days.
T