[FULL] The Riddle and Other Stories by Walter de la Mare-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

RitaBoutros wrote: March 19th, 2024, 3:19 pm Here is section 02. I decided to leave in those couple of sentences at the bottom of page 37. They make perfect sense if you go back to the beginning of The Almond Tree part 1 (section 01).

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_02_delamare_128kb.mp3
34:53
Ok, I'll take your word for it. I don't listen to the book until after it's published.
Thanks! You're queued for PL!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

nramesh wrote: March 18th, 2024, 1:52 pm Section 10 (Three Friends) with first pages added

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_10_delamare_128kb.mp3

Length: 18 min 32 seconds
PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

Good morning! Here is Section 5, Miss Duveen [34:44]: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_05_delamare_128kb.mp3 . I'm still learning, so please let me know if there is anything I should be doing differently. Thanks!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

NFortier wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 9:11 am Good morning! Here is Section 5, Miss Duveen [34:44]: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_05_delamare_128kb.mp3 . I'm still learning, so please let me know if there is anything I should be doing differently. Thanks!
Thank you! You're queued for PL!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

RitaBoutros wrote: March 19th, 2024, 3:19 pm Here is section 02. I decided to leave in those couple of sentences at the bottom of page 37. They make perfect sense if you go back to the beginning of The Almond Tree part 1 (section 01).

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_02_delamare_128kb.mp3
34:53
PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

NFortier wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 9:11 am Good morning! Here is Section 5, Miss Duveen [34:44]: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/riddleandotherstories_05_delamare_128kb.mp3 . I'm still learning, so please let me know if there is anything I should be doing differently. Thanks!
Hi Nathalie! Welcome to Librivox, and congrats on your first few recordings! I enjoyed listening to your recording, as you have a very pleasant tone and cadence. Your voice for Miss Duveen was also spot on, and yet creepy (in a good way, I promise!). This section is PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
NFortier

Post by NFortier »

Cbteddy wrote: March 29th, 2024, 3:44 am
Hi Nathalie! Welcome to Librivox, and congrats on your first few recordings! I enjoyed listening to your recording, as you have a very pleasant tone and cadence. Your voice for Miss Duveen was also spot on, and yet creepy (in a good way, I promise!). This section is PL OK!
Thank you SO much! That means a lot. :D
Liquidsilver

Post by Liquidsilver »

I would like to claim section 11 if it is not taken yet.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Liquidsilver wrote: April 1st, 2024, 3:36 pm I would like to claim section 11 if it is not taken yet.
It's yours! Thank you!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Cbteddy wrote: January 5th, 2024, 9:53 pm
SWarren wrote: December 31st, 2023, 7:25 pm
flavo5000 wrote: December 31st, 2023, 6:46 pm

It looks like the volume is quite low at 77db. Librivox recordings are required to be between 86-92db and preferrably somewhere in the middle of that range. I'd suggest amplifying the volume of the whole track by about 10 to 12db and then re-exporting it. Once we get the volume at the right level, I can mark it ready for PL. Thanks!
So sorry! I just completely forgot to check the file, haha

Hopefully it should be good to go now.

Thank you!
Hello!

Congrats on submitting your first recording! Great job on the reading, and there are just a few areas that need some editing please. I've listed the times from the end of the reading back to the beginning. If edits are completed in this order (end to beginning), there shouldn't be any issues with the timing within the recording that I've noted.

Around 23:15 - heard "not with some vanishing shame..." should be "not without some vanishing shame..."

Around 12:11 - duplication of "I could hear the infinitesimal tic-tac of their tiny claws upon the slate"

Around 8:45
- duplication of "I pushed on and found myself in command of a gorse-strewn height"

Once any edits are completed, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post the link in this thread letting us know updates are completed, as well as the new run time of the recording. I'll then be able to do a spot check to make sure those areas were corrected.
Hey, so it looks like this user has been MIA since early February, so I went ahead and took a stab at doing the edits on this one myself since they didn't really require re-recording anything. The 23:15 fix was a bit tricky but I found another place where she said the word "out" and copied it over. It's not seamless but at least it's there. It's ready for Spot PL now.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

flavo5000 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:36 pm
SWarren wrote: December 31st, 2023, 7:25 pm

So sorry! I just completely forgot to check the file, haha

Hopefully it should be good to go now.

Thank you!
Hello!

Congrats on submitting your first recording! Great job on the reading, and there are just a few areas that need some editing please. I've listed the times from the end of the reading back to the beginning. If edits are completed in this order (end to beginning), there shouldn't be any issues with the timing within the recording that I've noted.

Around 23:15 - heard "not with some vanishing shame..." should be "not without some vanishing shame..."

Around 12:11 - duplication of "I could hear the infinitesimal tic-tac of their tiny claws upon the slate"

- duplication of "I pushed on and found myself in command of a gorse-strewn height"

Once any edits are completed, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post the link in this thread letting us know updates are completed, as well as the new run time of the recording. I'll then be able to do a spot check to make sure those areas were corrected.
Hey, so it looks like this user has been MIA since early February, so I went ahead and took a stab at doing the edits on this one myself since they didn't really require re-recording anything. The 23:15 fix was a bit tricky but I found another place where she said the word "out" and copied it over. It's not seamless but at least it's there. It's ready for Spot PL now.
Spot PL OK!

If you'd like, I'm happy to take section 3 to help close out this project.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Cbteddy wrote: April 17th, 2024, 6:19 pm
flavo5000 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:36 pm

Hello!

Spot PL OK!

If you'd like, I'm happy to take section 3 to help close out this project.
Sure! Go for it! Thanks!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Cheers,
Claire

Come read!