COMPLETE Betty Wales Freshman by Margaret Warde - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
thechapterbrook

Post by thechapterbrook »

thechapterbrook wrote: February 12th, 2024, 8:50 pm
mleigh wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:38 pm Finished the first two chapters. Am really enjoying listening to you. You are a great reader. If it weren't for those pesky LibriVox settings both would be PL OK. But as it is:

Section 1:
  • please delete approximately 1 second of silence at the start so that there is around 0.5 to 1 second of silence
    please add about 1 second of silence to end so that there are around 5 seconds of silence
    reduce volume by at least 1 dB but ideally by about 4 dB to get near the LibriVox ideal of 89 dB
Section 2:
  • reduce volume by at least 0.5 dB but ideally by about 3 dB to get near the LibriVox ideal of 89 dB
    please delete about 1 second of silence at the end so that there are around 5 seconds of silence
Will listen to more tomorrow.

Thanks,

M
Thank you so much! I adjusted the volume on three. Please let me know if I am on the right track and if it sounds better. Once I hear back then I will jump in and alter all the rest :) Thanks for the help!
These sections have been corrected. Thank you!
thechapterbrook

mleigh wrote: February 13th, 2024, 7:58 pm
mleigh wrote: February 12th, 2024, 7:38 pm Finished the first two chapters. Am really enjoying listening to you. You are a great reader. If it weren't for those pesky LibriVox settings both would be PL OK. But as it is:

Section 1:
  • please delete approximately 1 second of silence at the start so that there is around 0.5 to 1 second of silence
    please add about 1 second of silence to end so that there are around 5 seconds of silence
    reduce volume by at least 1 dB but ideally by about 4 dB to get near the LibriVox ideal of 89 dB
Section 2:
  • reduce volume by at least 0.5 dB but ideally by about 3 dB to get near the LibriVox ideal of 89 dB
    please delete about 1 second of silence at the end so that there are around 5 seconds of silence
Will listen to more tomorrow.

Thanks,

M
Thank you so much! I adjusted the volume on three. Please let me know if I am on the right track and if it sounds better. Once I hear back then I will jump in and alter all the rest :) Thanks for the help!
Volume on Chapter 3 is perfect. :)

Just a couple of other changes and it should be PL OK.

please add a small amount of silence to the start so that there is between 0.5 and 1 second of silence
about 14:01 "friend" and "sister" are reversed should be "I’m going with a sophomore whose sister is a friend of Nan’s."
(Since Betty is speaking here, the change is necessary)

Great job, as always, with the reading. I am enjoying it so far. Can't wait to hear what happens next in Betty's life.

M
Thank you! Great catch! That would rather alter things LOL . This has been updated and corrected. Thanks for listening!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:05 pm
mleigh wrote: February 13th, 2024, 7:58 pm

Volume on Chapter 3 is perfect. :)

Just a couple of other changes and it should be PL OK.

please add a small amount of silence to the start so that there is between 0.5 and 1 second of silence
about 14:01 "friend" and "sister" are reversed should be "I’m going with a sophomore whose sister is a friend of Nan’s."
(Since Betty is speaking here, the change is necessary)

Great job, as always, with the reading. I am enjoying it so far. Can't wait to hear what happens next in Betty's life.

M
Thank you! Great catch! That would rather alter things LOL . This has been updated and corrected. Thanks for listening!
Sections 0 through 3 are all PL OK.

Great job with the text correction. It blended in perfectly.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 4 is PL OK.

Great job. It is hard to imagine that girls today would want to go to a dance without any boys at it.

M
thechapterbrook

mleigh wrote: February 15th, 2024, 9:04 pm Chapter 4 is PL OK.

Great job. It is hard to imagine that girls today would want to go to a dance without any boys at it.

M
Thank you!
Yes! I agree! I wish we could go to dances like this! All the fun and not so much social pressure!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 5 is PL OK.

Chapter 6.
Please add about 2 seconds of silence to the end so that it is around 5 seconds..
Please drop the volume by at least 2 dB, ideally about 4.5 dB

Chapter 7.
Please add a small amount of silence to the start so that it is between 0.5 and 1 second in length.
Please add about 1.5 seconds of silence to the end so that it is around 5 seconds.
Please drop the volume by at least 1.5 dB, ideally about 4 dB.

Thanks,

M
thechapterbrook

mleigh wrote: February 19th, 2024, 8:58 pm Chapter 5 is PL OK.

Chapter 6.
Please add about 2 seconds of silence to the end so that it is around 5 seconds..

Chapter 7.
Please add a small amount of silence to the start so that it is between 0.5 and 1 second in length.
Please add about 1.5 seconds of silence to the end so that it is around 5 seconds.

Thanks,

M
Hello! Thank you so much! I forgot to say that I have refreshed all the upload links with the db lowered and closer attention to the seconds. Can you please refresh the window and let me know if 6 and 7 still need adjusting?
Thank you for your work!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:09 pm

Chapter 6.

Chapter 7.

Thanks,

M
Hello! Thank you so much! I forgot to say that I have refreshed all the upload links with the db lowered and closer attention to the seconds. Can you please refresh the window and let me know if 6 and 7 still need adjusting?
Thank you for your work!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:09 pm

Chapter 6.

Chapter 7.

Thanks,

M
Thank you for your work!

6 and 7 are both good. Marking them as PL OK.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

One comment for chapter 8:

16:41 should be "off day" not "day off" in "It will suppose I had an off day.”

Chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12 are all PL OK.

Excellently read, as usual.

M
thechapterbrook

mleigh wrote: February 25th, 2024, 12:02 pm One comment for chapter 8:

16:41 should be "off day" not "day off" in "It will suppose I had an off day.”

Chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12 are all PL OK.

Excellently read, as usual.

M
Thank you so much! I will let you know when I fix the off day in chapter 8! Thanks for the catch!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Two more well done chapters.

Chapter 12 needs about 2 seconds added to the end. Then it should be PL OK

Chapter 13 is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 14 is PL OK.

Chapter 15, one comment as I do not know whether this is significant later or not. I didn't want to have it crop up later and contradict what was here.

15:45 should be "the goals are three to two" not "three to four"

Enjoyed the basketball game - such low scores - I wonder how long the game was and how the rules compare with today.

I really like your portrayal of Betty. I think you have her down just right in terms of the youthful enthusiasm, etc.

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Two more excellent chapters in 16 and 17.

One small change required in chapter 16:
please add about 0.5 seconds of silence to the start so there is between 0.5 and 1 second of silence

Chapter 17 is PL OK.
Really loved the bird hunt. :lol:

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

What a cliffhanger that chapter about Eleanor was. And how nice of Betty to make the boarding decision she did at the end of the year.

Three excellently read chapters. Chapters 18, 19, and 20 are all PL OK.

Thanks for the opportunity to listen to this book. I really enjoyed your reading of it and I am glad to see you are reading the next one.

M