Heat, by Isa Glenn

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
basalita7701

Post by basalita7701 »

hi! thanks for having me.

has anyone read this?

Heat, by Isa Glenn.
published 1926 (two years prior to the subject in this thread), and she died 1951, so is it public-domain for sure? it might be something worth looking into.
here is a summary / trope page. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Heat

it's extremely rare & obscure but it's a fictional novel about US imperialism/colonialism in the Philippines, I'm from there, and I would like to record in future some literature from or about PH to get it out to more readers & listeners, including other Filipinos who may not have access to our literature (or literature about us) as much. I might either make a whole new Book Suggestions post about Heat itself or other PH-related works I'd like to record (or invite others to record, or collaborate on recording) in future too, but leaving this here as a quick discussion starter, thanks.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You need to start another thread and please be careful about opinions you express in our forums - members are asked to resect other members opinions at all times.
And try to give a link to an online PD in the USA source

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've split this off into its own topic.

Yes, this is PD in the USA. It's available at HathiTrust, here: https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000779661

I can't tell a word count, but it has 338 page scans, which suggests it's a fairly long text. It is better to read at least a few sections in group projects before embarking on a long solo project (or any solo, really), to get a feel for how much work it is to record and edit before embarking on a long, involved project. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart