Shickey

Post by Shickey »

I have uploaded goldkiller_adele_6!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_adele_6.mp3

2m 53s

Thank you!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Shickey wrote: April 17th, 2024, 2:23 pm I have uploaded goldkiller_adele_6!

2m 53s

Thank you!
Thank you!
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Shickey wrote: April 17th, 2024, 2:23 pm I have uploaded goldkiller_adele_6!

2m 53s

Thank you!
PLOK!

So that's what a giggling, coy laugh sounds like! I'll admit I was curious about that one. :lol: 8-) :?
Shickey

Post by Shickey »

Hopefully I got the giggling, coy reply right!

This was a fun project.
Thanks,
Shirine
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Uploaded a partial (41:55 - includes Anne Rice, Automaton Chief, Flash Montague and Ambulance Driver) to location https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_4_prosper_128kb.mp3 for safekeeping.

There is Duplicate recording in the Project Share] that can be listened to without impacting LV servers.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Uploaded a partial (53:11) Part 5 to location https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_5_prosper_128kb.mp3 for safekeeping.

There is Duplicate recording in the Project Share] that can be listened to without impacting LV servers.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Uploaded a partial (57:34) Part 6 to location https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_6_prosper_128kb.mp3 for safekeeping.

EDIT: Fixed a stumble / repeat in narration at around 52:06: "his hands his hands itching ..." - and redid the upload.
hannahhaunts

Post by hannahhaunts »

Hi! Here is part 2 for Chickie. I tried to upload over the weekend but was having some technical difficulties. I will be out of town the remainder of this week, so I will work on any needed edits when I return. (Then I'll get started on the remaining parts.) Hope this is ok. ^_^

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_chickie_2.mp3 (11:08)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

hannahhaunts wrote: May 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm Hi! Here is part 2 for Chickie. I tried to upload over the weekend but was having some technical difficulties. I will be out of town the remainder of this week, so I will work on any needed edits when I return. (Then I'll get started on the remaining parts.) Hope this is ok. ^_^

Yay, you! Thanks for hanging in. I was having some difficulties with site access on Saturday, I think it was. I assumed LV was off-line for maintenance but I don't really know. I just know that Domain Name Service was telling me that librivox.org could not be resolved. I can't wait to hear your Chickie! I have a soft spot for her, but then I'm a guy, so maybe you can guess how that goes, I guess. :lol: I am in the middle of something today so please forgive me if you don't hear back on PL until tomorrow. Of course you've said you'll be out-of-town so maybe I won't feel so guilty. Cheers.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

hannahhaunts wrote: May 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm Hi! Here is part 2 for Chickie. I tried to upload over the weekend but was having some technical difficulties. I will be out of town the remainder of this week, so I will work on any needed edits when I return. (Then I'll get started on the remaining parts.) Hope this is ok. ^_^

Yer Aces with me, kid, an' so's yer friend, Chickie! :D PL OK!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Uploaded a revised (includes Chickie) partial (54:04) Part 2 to location https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_2_prosper_128kb.mp3 for safekeeping.

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

BrianFullen wrote: April 17th, 2024, 12:45 pm
WinterMoon wrote: April 17th, 2024, 12:29 pm
BrianFullen wrote: April 17th, 2024, 12:24 pm

I see it! I win! :) Thanks for letting us know. Thanks for the update. If you still want the sections I won't reassign them. Heck, I better get busy on my own sections ....
lol I appreciate it Brian. I always love to finish my commitments of course haha, and I guess this past month or so has been a lesson in gratitude (working on a MacBook air that is almost 10 years old) I haven't had a single problem until now. Things don't last forever...

If you guys are okay with a month extension, just to ensure I catch up on some other things, I would be honored to complete them! Just let me know either way.
Sure. A month is fine with me. But I'm the nice one. Now Todd, on the other hand; well I don't want to talk behind his back, but I've heard ...

Afternoon Brian! I'm sending over my recordings this weekend. I just wanted to double check the format on these dramatic style ones. Do you want recorded silence in between each part, or am I to send separate clips?

Sorry if this is confusing lol But I'm having trouble finding my parts on the google doc, so maybe I don't have a ton of speaking roles, but I wanted to make sure I sent the format right.

Thanks!!
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

WinterMoon wrote: Yesterday, 2:54 pm
I wanted to make sure I sent the format right.
Hello Christine,

It's good to hear from you. I hope all is well. DR's can be confusing but it becomes easier as you do more of them and I hope you will!

You should upload two mp3 recordings for the role of Anne's French Maid when you have them ready. The first should contain the character's lines for Part 1 and the other for Part 5. You could name those recordings goldkiller_maid_1.mp3 and goldkiller_maid_5.mp3 or something similar.

Just as you say, the character does not have a lot of lines. In fact, in Part 1 there is the single line - "He is in the library, ma'am," - on page 19 of the script. Your Part 1 recording should also include your voice credit, e.g. "Anne's French Maid read by Christine Bowden". When you make that recording it's best to say your voice credit first followed by roughly 3 to 5 seconds of silence and then that single line followed by about 5 seconds of silence at the end. By silence I mean just the ambient background in the place where you record. It's best that you not do Noise Reduction; if you want to know why, post a follow up and I'll explain as best I can.

The character does have a number of lines in Part 5. The first, "Oh doctor, it's too awful" is on page 26 of the script and the last "That's the car!" is on page 32. You don't need to provide a voice credit in your recording for Part 5; there should be the customary 0.5 to 1.0 seconds of silence at the start of the recording and roughly 5 seconds of silence at its end and there should be approximately 3 - 5 seconds of silence between lines. The silence between the lines helps the editor (in this case me) readily identify sets of lines for merging in the complete recording that has lines from many voice actors.

If you like, I will either provide all of the lines for Anne's French Maid or simply a count of the number of lines (each a sentence or paragraph) in Part 5.

I hope this reply isn't confusing. If it's not clear please let me know and I'll try again.

Thank you again for volunteering on this project.

Brian
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

having trouble finding my parts on the google doc, so maybe I don't have a ton of speaking roles, but I wanted to make sure I sent the format right.

Thanks!!
I forgot to mention this in my last reply. I'm not crazy about finds on that site. I tend to download a copy of the script to my machine and once there I use "whatever" to open them. For me, for PDF, "whatever" tends to be my browser and for dox it tends to be a program called LibreOffice Writer. They both find pretty well using ctl-f and down arrows on my machine. Thank you.
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

BrianFullen wrote: Yesterday, 4:04 pm
I wanted to make sure I sent the format right.
Hello Christine,

It's good to hear from you. I hope all is well. DR's can be confusing but it becomes easier as you do more of them and I hope you will!

You should upload two mp3 recordings for the role of Anne's French Maid when you have them ready. The first should contain the character's lines for Part 1 and the other for Part 5. You could name those recordings goldkiller_maid_1.mp3 and goldkiller_maid_5.mp3 or something similar.

Just as you say, the character does not have a lot of lines. In fact, in Part 1 there is the single line - "He is in the library, ma'am," - on page 19 of the script. Your Part 1 recording should also include your voice credit, e.g. "Anne's French Maid read by Christine Bowden". When you make that recording it's best to say your voice credit first followed by roughly 3 to 5 seconds of silence and then that single line followed by about 5 seconds of silence at the end. By silence I mean just the ambient background in the place where you record. It's best that you not do Noise Reduction; if you want to know why, post a follow up and I'll explain as best I can.

The character does have a number of lines in Part 5. The first, "Oh doctor, it's too awful" is on page 26 of the script and the last "That's the car!" is on page 32. You don't need to provide a voice credit in your recording for Part 5; there should be the customary 0.5 to 1.0 seconds of silence at the start of the recording and roughly 5 seconds of silence at its end and there should be approximately 3 - 5 seconds of silence between lines. The silence between the lines helps the editor (in this case me) readily identify sets of lines for merging in the complete recording that has lines from many voice actors.

If you like, I will either provide all of the lines for Anne's French Maid or simply a count of the number of lines (each a sentence or paragraph) in Part 5.

I hope this reply isn't confusing. If it's not clear please let me know and I'll try again.

Thank you again for volunteering on this project.

Brian

Brian,

Okay, I think I understand what to do for the first file, the one where there's only one line so I'll hopefully send that over this evening. The other one I think I understand most of it lol but I guess one major difference is, why don't the dramatic works have us say the standard librovox intro "Section _ of dah dah , this is a librovox recording. all recordings are in the public domain, etc. etc." lol

Honestly, it's such second nature for me, I probably would have done that if I hadn't seen your response. :)

Okay, I will at least get one of them done and I'll try and navigate and see if I can find my lines for the other section...
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."