COMPLETE The Science of getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles (1860 - 1911)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found in our catalog:
https://librivox.org/the-science-of-getting-rich-by-wallace-d-wattles-3/

A book regarding the constructive science behind getting rich. A financial self-help book. The text has 17 short chapters that explain how to overcome mental obstacles. (Summary by Tonia Manley)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59844

Target completion date: 2024-02-27

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Self help

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Science of Getting Rich. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: scienceofgettingrich_##_wattles_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. scienceofgettingrich_01_wattles_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

just fyi - this will be version 3. Some readers prefer not to read multiple versions but it is OK if you want to.

Anne
MarkedVoices

Post by MarkedVoices »

I’d be happy to take this on as a Solo.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MarkedVoices wrote: December 8th, 2023, 7:45 pm I’d be happy to take this on as a Solo.
Hello MarkedVoices, and welcome to LibriVox!

This thread is in the launch pad because ToniaManley is volunteering to read it solo. I don't know whether that's going to happen, but when you're ready, we'll have you make your own post. I'll tell you how.

Before you dive into the deep end (signing up for a whole book is a lot of work!), we recommend you get your feet wet. :wink:

First, we'll have you record a "1-minute test". It's not an audition, we just want to save you from having to re-record a whole chapter because of a technical issue.

Second, we highly recommend reading a few sections in group projects. It lets you get to know our workflow, and also get a feel for how much work will go into each chapter. You can find projects of all kinds ready and waiting in the "Readers Wanted" forums. :mrgreen:

When you've got a few chapters under your belt, and you feel ready to do 18 more, you can follow instructions here to set up your solo project.

I wish you all the best, and happy reading!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

As we haven't heard back in about a week, I'm going to put this thread in the "On Hold" section for now.

ToniaManley, you're certainly welcome to do version 3, we just want to be sure you know it's been done.
Whenever you're ready, you can post back here, and we'll move it back to the launch pad to pick up a DPL and an MC. :thumbs:
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Hello,

I do intend to read it Solo and I will upload first readings this week.

Very Respectfully,
Tonia Manley
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Dear RedRun,

I Sincerely apologizeI have had the winter sniffles and thought Id better my voice last week. I would love it if I could now begin on this project. I realize that it has been recorded in past. This book has much meaning to me and my life and I would really love to read it if it is ok. It is my first Solo recording.
Very Respectfully,
Tonia M
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! I'll move the thread back to the launch pad.
Now that we've confirmed you want to continue, someone will be along to finish set up as your MC. Take care not to upload anything until that's done!

Unless you already have someone in mind as a proof listener, we can add a tilde (~) to the beginning of the title, to let folks know you're looking for one.
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Yes Thank you I will be looking for a proof listener!
Happy Holidays
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Well, as promised, someone is along to finish setup! :lol:

Your magic window is in place, and I've filled in a couple of sections titles for you. If you didn't want to read the Preface, just let me know, and I'll remove it.

Meanwhile, as the soloist, you are also the Book Coordinator! That means you'll be the one keeping the Magic Window up to date, just like you've seen folks do in your group projects.

For now, you'll want to fill in the rest of the chapter titles.
Then as you read each chapter, you'll enter your file link and the length of the recording into the Magic Window, and set the status for that section to 'Ready for PL'. Then post here in the forum, so your Proof Listener knows something is waiting for them. :wink:

As for how to do all of that, we have a handy guide:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

...and if you have any questions, I'll be along for the ride. :thumbs:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi! Happy to DPL if still needing one!
~Traveling May 20-29. I will catch up upon my return for any PLs, etc.~

Cheers, Claire
I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you Claire, I've added you to the MW.

Tonia, when you're ready, please fill in the rest of the chapter information, and I'll move us on over to Going Solo. Those instructions are here:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
...and if you run into trouble, just give me a shout. :)
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Ok got it. Thank you posting this week
ToniaManley

Post by ToniaManley »

Thanks Claire
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Seeing that the MW is filled in, I'll move us off to Going Solo.
Please don't forget to post in the thread so we know when you've made changes, and feel free to ask if you have questions! :D