[COMPLETE] Things Seen in Spain - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vviera

Post by vviera »

torigarcia wrote: December 15th, 2023, 12:33 pm Can I read sections 4 & 5 please?
Welcome, Tori!

Before I can let you claim a section, you need to complete your 1-Minute test. This is not an audition or anything. It is just a recording to make sure your technical settings match the Librivox requirements. Head here to read about that:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

For a brand new reader, I assign only one section to begin with. Once you get a PL OK on that, you can claim others.

When you have your test OK'd, head back over here and post to tell me that, and also tell me which section you want (in case 4 and/or 5 are taken by then).

Before I can officially assign you a section, we need to put you in the catalog. Your catalog name can be your screen name, your real name, or any nickname of your choosing. So also give me that info when you put in your first claim for a section.

Thanks for your interest! Go get oriented and we'll love to have you on the project.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK for sections 1 and 2.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

May I claim sections 04, 05 and 06? Thanks
vviera

Post by vviera »

RitaBoutros wrote: December 16th, 2023, 2:59 pm May I claim sections 04, 05 and 06? Thanks
These have been assigned. Thanks!

Cheers, VERLA
torigarcia

Post by torigarcia »

Hi Verla! I have submitted my test recording and waiting to hear if it is okayed. I actually have sections 4 and 5 recorded if Rita hasn't started yet? Obviously no worries though as that was my mistake in the order of claiming/uploading test recording. I will be happy to help on another project when my time allows and my test recording is approved.

Thanks!!
vviera

Post by vviera »

RitaBoutros wrote: December 16th, 2023, 2:59 pm May I claim sections 04, 05 and 06? Thanks
Hi Rita, are you following the discussion? Newbie torigarcia recorded 4 & 5 before I actually assigned them, and is still waiting for an OK on her 1-minute test. Would you be willing to take Section 6 and choose another (others)? If I don't hear from you, or if you've already started recording, or if you just want 4 & 5, you have priority. That'll just be a learning curve for tori. Please let me know.
Last edited by vviera on December 18th, 2023, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

torigarcia wrote: December 18th, 2023, 12:03 pm Hi Verla! I have submitted my test recording and waiting to hear if it is okayed. I actually have sections 4 and 5 recorded if Rita hasn't started yet? Obviously no worries though as that was my mistake in the order of claiming/uploading test recording. I will be happy to help on another project when my time allows and my test recording is approved.

Thanks!!
Hi torigarcia,

You can see my note to Rita above. We'll wait to hear from her. Also, if there are problems in your 1-minute, they may or may not be something you can correct vs. having to re-record. (And thus likely the same problems in 4 & 5.) That's why the 1-minute test comes before anything else. When you get your ok, post here. You can also monitor to see if we get a response from Rita.

Cheers, VERLA
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

No problem! I'd be happy to relinquish my claim to 04 and 05 to torigarcia.

Instead, I'll do 06, 07 and 08. Thanks
vviera

Post by vviera »

BettyB wrote: December 18th, 2023, 8:59 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/thingsseeninspain_03_hartley_128kb.mp3

Time is 23.37

Betty
Wonderful. In MW for PL.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

RitaBoutros wrote: December 19th, 2023, 6:47 am No problem! I'd be happy to relinquish my claim to 04 and 05 to torigarcia.

Instead, I'll do 06, 07 and 08. Thanks
Thank you so much! They've been assigned.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

torigarcia wrote: December 18th, 2023, 12:03 pm Hi Verla! I have submitted my test recording and waiting to hear if it is okayed. I actually have sections 4 and 5 recorded if Rita hasn't started yet? Obviously no worries though as that was my mistake in the order of claiming/uploading test recording. I will be happy to help on another project when my time allows and my test recording is approved.

Thanks!!
Hi torigarcia,

Rita has been kind enough to switch sections!

I saw on your 1-minute test that there were problems with the sound quality. If the 4 & 5 you've recorded have the same issues, you will need to re-record them.

Please let me know what name you would like to appear under in the catalog. It can be your screen name, your real name, or something else of your choosing.

And things will get smoother once you're oriented, I promise!

Cheers, VERLA
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

BettyB wrote: December 18th, 2023, 8:59 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/thingsseeninspain_03_hartley_128kb.mp3

Time is 23.37

Betty
One PL note; there's a repetition at around 16:17-16:26 "both are -- The most characteristic of the ceremonies -- It is the people’s holiday as truly as is the Feria; -- both are holy days."
mpinedag

Post by mpinedag »

Hi Verla, I would like to claim section 10 (ch 7), please.
Thanks.
vviera

Post by vviera »

mpinedag wrote: December 21st, 2023, 1:58 pm Hi Verla, I would like to claim section 10 (ch 7), please.
Thanks.
Thanks, Mario. It's yours!

Cheers, VERLA