[COMPLETE]The Camp Fire Girls Across the Seas, by Margaret Vandercook - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 14 needs a few things fixed.

The volume is currently at 84 dB, which is a bit low. We would like that to be at about 89 dB. So you will need to amplify by 5 dB to get it up to that target volume.

The bit rate is currently at 320 kbps, this needs to be changed to 128 kbps.

The recording is in Stereo, that needs to be changed to Mono.

At 3:02-:05 what you say doesn't match the text, and at the end of it, it starts in the middle of the next sentence. I recommend recording the two sentences again, then copy/paste that in the right spot.

At 4:24-:28, there is a long pause in the middle of the paragraph. You just need to cut out most of that pause.

At 5:58, there is a small stumble that needs to be clipped out.

At 11:12 is another stumble needing to be clipped out.

At the very end, you need to add about 2 seconds of silence, there is currently only 3 seconds, and we need that to be about 5-6 seconds.

When you get those things fixed, please use the correct file name, which is campfiregirlsacrosstheseas_14_vandercook_128kb.mp3
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

icequeen wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 9:15 pm Chapter 14 needs a few things fixed.

The volume is currently at 84 dB, which is a bit low. We would like that to be at about 89 dB. So you will need to amplify by 5 dB to get it up to that target volume.

At 3:02-:05 what you say doesn't match the text, and at the end of it, it starts in the middle of the next sentence. I recommend recording the two sentences again, then copy/paste that in the right spot.

At 4:24-:28, there is a long pause in the middle of the paragraph. You just need to cut out most of that pause.

At the very end, you need to add about 2 seconds of silence, there is currently only 3 seconds, and we need that to be about 5-6 seconds.

When you get those things fixed, please use the correct file name, which is campfiregirlsacrosstheseas_14_vandercook_128kb.mp3

I'm so sorry! I will record again, it would be easier on me:) Please delete that chapter, thanks!
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

j0lly wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am

I'm so sorry! I will record again, it would be easier on me:) Please delete that chapter, thanks!
If you are going to re-record, I have a little advice. Move your microphone a little to the side, because you had a lot of 'plosives, which is when your breath hits the mic when you say certain letters, like 'p' and 't'. You are doing great otherwise, great job for your first recording!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thanks Nancy!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 8 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

icequeen wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:32 pm
j0lly wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am

If you are going to re-record, I have a little advice. Move your microphone a little to the side, because you had a lot of 'plosives, which is when your breath hits the mic when you say certain letters, like 'p' and 't'. You are doing great otherwise, great job for your first recording!
Thanks so much! :9:
~All the best,
Joy~

MFQ1

Post by MFQ1 »

May I claim Chapter 16, please?
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

17 plz Nancy
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

MFQ1 wrote: January 6th, 2024, 11:10 pm May I claim Chapter 16, please?

Chapter 16 is yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you!
njgorgen wrote: January 7th, 2024, 7:32 am 17 plz Nancy

Chapter 17 is yours, thank you, Nancy!

Off we go to Readers Found!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

~All the best,
Joy~

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 9 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

j0lly wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:07 am Here you are:) Passed checker, yay! https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/campfiregirlsacrosstheseas_14_vandercook_128kb.mp3

Thank you! What is the time duration for your recording? It's just so that I can make sure that I have the whole file. Sometimes, very rarely, the internet likes to take tiny bites out of things.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!