SOLO In the Andamans and Nicobars by C Boden Kloss-ag

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

IN THE ANDAMANS AND NICOBARS, by C Boden Kloss (1877 - 1949)
A glimpse of the indigenous people, rich flora and fauna and the beauty of the islands as recorded by a zoologist, which is fast depleting under the pressure of development. (Summary by dc )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/36545

Target completion date: 2024-12-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Travel & Geography/Exploration

Keywords that describe the book: travel, sea, sailing, indigenous

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of IN THE ANDAMANS AND NICOBARS. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "IN THE ANDAMANS AND NICOBARS, by C Boden Kloss. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of IN THE ANDAMANS AND NICOBARS, by C Boden Kloss. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of IN THE ANDAMANS AND NICOBARS, by C Boden Kloss."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: andamansandnicobars_##_kloss_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. andamansandnicobars_01_kloss_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by dckabir on April 18th, 2024, 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Travelling, with limited access...
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I'll MC this for you.
I added the ~ to attract a proof listener. If you already have one let me know.
Thanks.
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

alg1001 wrote: November 18th, 2023, 3:30 pm Hi,
I'll MC this for you.
I added the ~ to attract a proof listener. If you already have one let me know.
Thanks.
Amy
Thank you for setting this up Amy! I'll populate the MW by tomorrow; I plan to go slow with this one. We'll need to wait for a DPL, thank you for adding the ~
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

:thumbs:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hello :) I have a PL slot opening up - would be happy to DPL this one for you.
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

LCaulkins wrote: November 20th, 2023, 4:00 pm Hello :) I have a PL slot opening up - would be happy to DPL this one for you.
Wonderful, happy to have you here, thank you! :D
I'll start recording soon, hope to have something up in a week.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfect for me, with our holiday :)

(Don't forget to take the tilde off the project name :wink: )
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

LCaulkins wrote: November 21st, 2023, 7:28 am Perfect for me, with our holiday :)

(Don't forget to take the tilde off the project name :wink: )
Looks like Amy took care of the ~

Section 1 is ready for PL at your leisure :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

And so very nice to listen to!

(I don't have MW access yet, so you can toggle it in the MW for me.)

With this caveat: If you end up deciding to omit the Introduction, the intro for this section will need to be switched to the full LV disclaimer.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I finally have you in as DPL, L. Would forget my head....
:D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hehe :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Over to Going Solo. :D
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

LCaulkins wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 1:16 pm Section 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

And so very nice to listen to!

(I don't have MW access yet, so you can toggle it in the MW for me.)

With this caveat: If you end up deciding to omit the Introduction, the intro for this section will need to be switched to the full LV disclaimer.
Thank you! :)
Section 2 is ready for PL , some portions have not very pleasant descriptions but I guess it was necessary for this book.

I will have Section 0 up in a few days, was waiting for my sore throat to settle a bit.
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

Section 3 is ready for PL.

Thank you
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 2 is PL OK :thumbs: It really is pleasant to listen to your recording.

Well, that was a little gristly, eh? And it's not surprising to see the latent racism pop up in this book - so prevalent of that time. I love the pictures that go with the chapters. (Too bad we can't see the gorgeous colors of the water in them!)