1 minute test recording

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
RileauwrxVO

Post by RileauwrxVO »

Hi -
My name is Brian. I am new to Voice over but very excited and anxious to learn as much as possible on LibriVox.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Copy_of_test_rileauwrxvo.mp3
I use Wave pad, Windows and use an analog mic. Thank you for any constructive suggestions.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Welcome Brian

I reviewed your test sample, and while it sounds good there are some technical changes needed. LibriVox requires audio that is 128kbps constant bit rate, 44.1kHz sample rate, mono, and between 86db and 92db, preferably 89-90. Your test audio is 224kbps, stereo, and volume too high at 93.2db.

You can pre-check your audio yourself by downloading the free Checker app: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/
Passed with Warnings is a fail with regard to volume.

Please make a new test recording and post it in a reply to this message. I will come back and review it for you.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
RileauwrxVO

Post by RileauwrxVO »

For some reason, I am having trouble with the file checker app. I drag the file and place it where it says to place it. It automatically returns back to where I grabbed it. Any suggestions, please?
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RileauwrxVO wrote: November 10th, 2023, 9:34 pm For some reason, I am having trouble with the file checker app. I drag the file and place it where it says to place it. It automatically returns back to where I grabbed it. Any suggestions, please?
Try clicking "File > Check Files..." in the Checker menu, make sure that "File format" in the dialogue box that comes up is set to "MP3 files," not "All Files," then navigate to the file on your computer, select it, and click "Check files." That should work.
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
RileauwrxVO

Post by RileauwrxVO »

I did follow the last directions but it did not work, however, earlier I indicated that I had a Windows system but it is actually Chrome book. Wasn't sure if that would make a difference.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

RileauwrxVO wrote: November 11th, 2023, 8:09 pm I did follow the last directions but it did not work, however, earlier I indicated that I had a Windows system but it is actually Chrome book. Wasn't sure if that would make a difference.
Okay, that would have been good to know. Not sure why you would tell us you were on Windows when it was a Chromebook. Checker doesn't work on Chrome. Actually, pretty much nothing works on Chrome. You need to be able to produce a 128kbps MP3 mono audio file for LibriVox. It must be between 86 and 92db, or -18 to -23db RMS. Unfortunately, I have no experience with WavePad on a Chromebook, so I can't give you any advice on how to achieve that.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi, there is a webside to convert files to MP3 format.
https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3
Maybe it works. :mrgreen:
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 6 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
RileauwrxVO

Post by RileauwrxVO »

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I will be making this work.