COMPLETE (Trio) [Children's Lit][Newbery] - Tales from Silver Lands - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MarkShellhammer

Post by MarkShellhammer »

15:01
[/quote]

"The Hero Twins" is PL OK :thumbs:

Another gorgeous reading.

(Hey, Mark, you wouldn't feel like PL'ing my section 1, would you? There's zero rush on that, as I'm on a much slower recording schedule than you gents are.)
[/quote]

Yes, but is there a procedure for doing that?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

MarkShellhammer wrote: November 19th, 2023, 12:54 pm
Yes, but is there a procedure for doing that?
Thanks for that :)

This project is keyed for Standard Proof listening, so we listen for repeats, omissions, word slips that affect the meaning, overly long pauses, distracting background noise. (It is not a requirement that you watch the text while listening.) We make sure the silences at the beginning and end are correct lengths and that the introduction and sign-out are correctly done, according to the project's main post directions. Oh, and that the volume is between 86-92 decibels. Most of us use that free Checker program to check that. Checker will also flag the file if any of the technical specs are out of whack (wrong bit-rate, e.g.).

If you hear something in the recording that needs editing, you would note the time on the track and a bit of info so the reader can find it and fix it. Something like:

there's a repeat at 3:18 of "these soldiers were..."

I think it sounds more complicated than it is. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MarkShellhammer

Thanks for that :)

This project is keyed for Standard Proof listening, so we listen for repeats, omissions, word slips that affect the meaning, overly long pauses, distracting background noise. (It is not a requirement that you watch the text while listening.) We make sure the silences at the beginning and end are correct lengths and that the introduction and sign-out are correctly done, according to the project's main post directions. Oh, and that the volume is between 86-92 decibels. Most of us use that free Checker program to check that. Checker will also flag the file if any of the technical specs are out of whack (wrong bit-rate, e.g.).

If you hear something in the recording that needs editing, you would note the time on the track and a bit of info so the reader can find it and fix it. Something like:

there's a repeat at 3:18 of "these soldiers were..."

I think it sounds more complicated than it is. :lol:
[/quote]

I listened to the file and it seemed fine, the only thing I found was that at 5:27 you added "ought to" in a sentence, as in "You ought to know" instead of "You know". I'm not even sure that matters, but it's the only thing I noticed that was different from the text.
I'm not sure how to get the file into my checker program from where it is, or what to do now that I've listened to it.
I did enjoy the read, and I'll bet you have a fine singing voice!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for proofing it, Mark. Singing, I am not trained at all for, nor does it come naturally for me, and my attempts show that. :lol:

I appreciate your attention, and I've punched in a fix of that phrase. If you wouldn't mind spot-PL'ing - just open the link and listen to the stretch from about 5:20 - 5:30 to verify that the linked file holds the correction, we'll put this story to rest!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MarkShellhammer

LCaulkins wrote: November 19th, 2023, 4:51 pm Thanks for proofing it, Mark. Singing, I am not trained at all for, nor does it come naturally for me, and my attempts show that. :lol:

I appreciate your attention, and I've punched in a fix of that phrase. If you wouldn't mind spot-PL'ing - just open the link and listen to the stretch from about 5:20 - 5:30 to verify that the linked file holds the correction, we'll put this story to rest!
Sounds good! File fixed and story finished!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

krrrg wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:41 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/silverlands_06_finger_128kb.mp3

Chapter 6, The Magic Ball 18:39

(not the Magic "Bull" -- a typo in the Magic Window ...)

Keith
Hi, Keith! Beautifully done! "The Magic Ball" is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
MarkShellhammer

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Awesome! I'm only on my phone, in spotty Internet, until Monday, so I won't be able to get it into the MW until then.
~Lynette * -
MarkShellhammer

LCaulkins wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm Awesome! I'm only on my phone, in spotty Internet, until Monday, so I won't be able to get it into the MW until then.
I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!
MarkShellhammer

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Mark! I got your latest two put into the MW and will get them listened-to soon!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

MarkShellhammer wrote: November 30th, 2023, 11:33 am Chapter 14 is done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/silverlands_14_finger_128kb.mp3

14:46
Hi, Mark! Lovely recordings.

The Tale of the Gentlefolk and The Bad Wishers are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I've put my Section 4 up. If one of you gents feels like PL'ing it for me, that would be awesome. If not, no worries. I'll find a DPL for my sections when they're all in.
~Lynette * -
MarkShellhammer

LCaulkins wrote: December 7th, 2023, 5:06 pm I've put my Section 4 up. If one of you gents feels like PL'ing it for me, that would be awesome. If not, no worries. I'll find a DPL for my sections when they're all in.
PL is okay!