1 Min Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
RobertThompson

Post by RobertThompson »

Brand new to the forum and just figuring this whole thing out, but here's my one min test! I am using Audacity on a MacBook Pro using an audio-technica USB microphone. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/vibrivoc_test.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RobertThompson wrote: November 6th, 2023, 9:20 pm Brand new to the forum and just figuring this whole thing out, but here's my one min test! I am using Audacity on a MacBook Pro using an audio-technica USB microphone. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/vibrivoc_test.mp3
Welcome to Librivox, Robert!

Your voice is pleasant and clear and easy to listen to.

I'd say you're doing just fine on the figuring this whole thing out business! Your test meets all the Librivox technical requirements, so you're ready to start recording. I suggest you check out the Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) forum, where you'll find a variety of (usually) shorter options in all genres for your first reading.

Instructions for that specific project are always provided in the first post (file name, what to put into the intro, etc). Remember to leave between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the start and 5 seconds at the end of every recording (that's standard across all projects).

The coordinator of the first project you volunteer for will set up your catalogue page. If you want a different name than RobertThompson in the catalogue, let the book coordinator know. (Or if you want it listed as two words. The forum name has to be all one word, but the catalogue name doesn't.)

Don't hesitate to ask questions along the way. The Need Help? Got Advice? forum is especially useful for that.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
RobertThompson

Post by RobertThompson »

Thank you for all the information, I’m looking forward to getting started!

-RT