(Complete) Arrah Neil; or, Times of Old, by George Payne Rainsford James - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Arrah Neil; or, Times of Old, by George Payne Rainsford James (1799 - 1860)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/arrah-neil-or-times-of-old-by-george-payne-rainsford-james/

During his lifetime, James published an estimated 100 novels. Arrah Neil was published some 40 years after his death. In this historical novel, we are transported to the times of the English Civil War. Lord Walton and his sister Anne are monarchists and fall foul of the revolutionary government of Cromwell and his Roundheads. Arrah Neil is the winsome granddaughter of one of the retainers on the estate. (Summary by LynneT)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49650

Target completion date: 2024-06-30

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Payne_Rainsford_James (George Payne Rainsford James)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 49
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1903
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Roundheads, fire, danger, cavaliers, english civil war, predictions

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Arrah Neil. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Arrah Neil, by George Payne Rainsford James. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Arrah Neil by George Payne Rainsford James. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Arrah Neil; or, Times of Old, by George Payne Rainsford James."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: arrahneil_##_james_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. arrahneil_01_james_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi, I would like to DPL this project.
Thanks!
Christine
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

brownrottger wrote: November 6th, 2023, 1:10 pm Hi, I would like to DPL this project.
Thanks!
Christine
Great! Although I’ve got a few sections recorded, things are going to slow down while I finish my other solo!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Lynnet wrote: November 6th, 2023, 1:50 pm
brownrottger wrote: November 6th, 2023, 1:10 pm Hi, I would like to DPL this project.
Thanks!
Christine
Great! Although I’ve got a few sections recorded, things are going to slow down while I finish my other solo!
Ok by me! I already listened to the Introduction. I love to PL solos. Get to listen in order! Also, love your voice.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

brownrottger wrote: November 6th, 2023, 1:52 pm
Lynnet wrote: November 6th, 2023, 1:50 pm
Thanks!
Christine
Ok by me! I already listened to the Introduction. I love to PL solos. Get to listen in order! Also, love your voice.
8-)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapters 1 and 2 are PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 3
6:54 repeat and mistake "and one of keen and powerful" just before
"and one keen and powerful"
9:28 word "mimic" is cut off; "and of the mimic warfare of the chase."
I am thouroughly enjoying this book!
Thanks!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 4:
6:15 should be "overthrow its best institutions," I heard "overthrow its best intentions,"
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapters 3 and 4 fixed.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 3 is PL ok. Chapter 4: Just a little bit of overediting (I've done it a million times)
6:15 should be " overthrow its best institutions, and establish, if not the reign of anarchy, the rule of a many-headed monster, " I heard " overthrow its best institutions, not the reign of anarchy, the rule of a many-headed monster, "
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 5 is PL ok. Wow! What a great chapter! Interesting that I love confrontations in books but hate them in RL.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I hear "if not the reign of anarchy" so I have left it.
Or is this not the problem?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Lynnet wrote: November 14th, 2023, 10:18 am I hear "if not the reign of anarchy" so I have left it.
You are missing the words "and establish", just before "if not the reign of anarchy". Those words were there before.

Hope this helps,
Christine
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

brownrottger wrote: November 14th, 2023, 10:39 am
Lynnet wrote: November 14th, 2023, 10:18 am I hear "if not the reign of anarchy" so I have left it.
You are missing the words "and establish", just before "if not the reign of anarchy". Those words were there before.

Hope this helps,
Christine
:thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Think I've got it now :roll: