[COMPLETE] History Of Missouri In Words Of One Syllable, by Emily Steinestel MacNamara - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

GeneralGiblits wrote: January 8th, 2024, 7:45 am
Cbteddy wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:25 am
GeneralGiblits wrote: December 14th, 2023, 9:13 am Hello, here's the new link, sorry, probably just skimmed over the naming instructions thinking I'd got all the important bits.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_06_macnamara_128kb.mp3

If I've got that correct this time I would also be interested in claiming chapter 10 (sports of the american settlers).

Kind Regards,
Jack Hiller
Hello Jack! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording! You picked a great project to start with, and did wonderful with the pacing and overall tone. Apologies for the delay in receiving feedback.

I've noted any sections that may need to be edited. Usually it's not necessary to call out if a word is switched out or is missing (as long as it doesn't impact the overall meaning of the sentence), but since this is a book for new readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid any confusion.

Once edited, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post back in this thread so I can do a quick check of any areas fixed.

Around 5:20 - Omitted "once" from "The trick did not work well once;"

Around 5:25 - Heard " but ere he could make a noise..." should be " but ere he could make a sound" (normally I wouldn't call this one out, but since this is a book for beginner readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid confusion)

Around 6:26 - Omitted "done" from "de rope was done put round..."

Around 7:33 - Omitted "back" from "...to bring breath back to his limp form."

Around 10:08 - Heard "sling it to the back of a mule or horse," should be "sling it to the side of a mule or horse,"

I look forward to listening to more of your chapters in future readings!

Heya, I've edited the sections you pointed out but don't seem to be able to upload it under the same name again. I tried twice (a second time to make sure I was uploading the correct file) and both times the link generated provides the original audio without corrections. Should I upload it with an altered name or wait for the original to be deleted?

Kind regards,
Jack Hiller
Hi Jack, As long as the edited file has the same name as the original, the edited one will overwrite the original when you upload. If the edited file has the same name then try clearing the history on your device. Let us know how you fare.
Christine
Greenbean1111

Post by Greenbean1111 »

Hello,

Can I volunteer to read Chapters 11 and 12?

Thanks
Greenbean
GeneralGiblits

Post by GeneralGiblits »

brownrottger wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:31 pm
Cbteddy wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:25 am

Hello Jack! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording! You picked a great project to start with, and did wonderful with the pacing and overall tone. Apologies for the delay in receiving feedback.

I've noted any sections that may need to be edited. Usually it's not necessary to call out if a word is switched out or is missing (as long as it doesn't impact the overall meaning of the sentence), but since this is a book for new readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid any confusion.

Once edited, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post back in this thread so I can do a quick check of any areas fixed.

Around 5:20 - Omitted "once" from "The trick did not work well once;"

Around 5:25 - Heard " but ere he could make a noise..." should be " but ere he could make a sound" (normally I wouldn't call this one out, but since this is a book for beginner readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid confusion)

Around 6:26 - Omitted "done" from "de rope was done put round..."

Around 7:33 - Omitted "back" from "...to bring breath back to his limp form."

Around 10:08 - Heard "sling it to the back of a mule or horse," should be "sling it to the side of a mule or horse,"

I look forward to listening to more of your chapters in future readings!

Heya, I've edited the sections you pointed out but don't seem to be able to upload it under the same name again. I tried twice (a second time to make sure I was uploading the correct file) and both times the link generated provides the original audio without corrections. Should I upload it with an altered name or wait for the original to be deleted?

Kind regards,
Jack Hiller
Hi Jack, As long as the edited file has the same name as the original, the edited one will overwrite the original when you upload. If the edited file has the same name then try clearing the history on your device. Let us know how you fare.
Christine
Heya, I believe I have had sucess now with uploading the correct file. I presume I didn't have exactly the same name before.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_06_macnamara_128kb.mp3

This should be the link for the updated version ready to be checked again.
mungojerry311

Post by mungojerry311 »

AgnesRobert wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:02 pm hello, may I please read

Chapter 09 - Old Superstitions
Sure thing, it's yours (for the next two months anyway)!
Greenbean1111 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:28 am Hello,

Can I volunteer to read Chapters 11 and 12?

Thanks
Greenbean
Those sections are now yours as well. My apologies for the delay.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 12:40 am Thought I would go ahead and post this, even though it looks as if you are without the services of a DPL for now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_13_macnamara_128kb.mp3 3:50
Posted ten days ago, so bumping it in case it was missed.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Greenbean1111

Post by Greenbean1111 »

Greetings,

Here is the link for Chapter 11.
Duration - 8:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/Historyofmissouri_11_macnamara_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if this is okay.

Thanks
Greenbean
Last edited by Greenbean1111 on February 2nd, 2024, 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

I noticed the note to read slowly, hopefully I succeeded in that and without making it too monotone or unengaging, feel free to tell me if I didn't do it good enough I am willing to redo it. or feel free to give me helpful pointers for any further such slower readings.

chapter 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_09_macnamara_128kb.mp3 (7:50)
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

AgnesRobert wrote: January 18th, 2024, 5:18 pm I noticed the note to read slowly, hopefully I succeeded in that and without making it too monotone or unengaging, feel free to tell me if I didn't do it good enough I am willing to redo it. or feel free to give me helpful pointers for any further such slower readings.

chapter 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_09_macnamara_128kb.mp3 (7:50)
Hi Agnes! Great job with your reading and your tone and cadence sounded very nice. PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

silverquill wrote: January 17th, 2024, 5:05 pm
silverquill wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 12:40 am Thought I would go ahead and post this, even though it looks as if you are without the services of a DPL for now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_13_macnamara_128kb.mp3 3:50
Posted ten days ago, so bumping it in case it was missed.
Hi Larry! Apologies for the delay. PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

GeneralGiblits wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:21 pm
brownrottger wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:31 pm

Kind regards,
Jack Hiller
Christine
Heya, I believe I have had sucess now with uploading the correct file. I presume I didn't have exactly the same name before.

This should be the link for the updated version ready to be checked again.
Hello Jack! Apologies for the delay. Great job with the edits and this section is now Spot PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
SarahT42

Post by SarahT42 »

May I please read Chapter 14? I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. Born and raised.

Saraht42
Greenbean1111

Post by Greenbean1111 »

Greetings,

Here is the link for Chapter 11.
Duration - 8:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/Historyofmissouri_11_macnamara_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if this is okay.

Thanks
Greenbean
RobertFata

Post by RobertFata »

Hello, may I claim section 20?

Best,

Robert Fata
mungojerry311

Post by mungojerry311 »

SarahT42 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 5:52 pm May I please read Chapter 14? I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. Born and raised.

Saraht42
It's yours, for the next two months anyway!
RobertFata wrote: February 4th, 2024, 7:40 pm Hello, may I claim section 20?

Best,

Robert Fata
You sure can! However, before I can assign that section to you, I need to know by what name you'd like to known as on the LV catalog page. This can be the same as your username here or your real name, whichever you prefer. Also, if on the off chance you have personal website to link to you can provide that as well. Welcome to LibriVox, we're happy to have you here!
RobertFata

Post by RobertFata »

Thank you! I would like to use my username. I am happy to be here too!