[COMPLETE] History Of Missouri In Words Of One Syllable, by Emily Steinestel MacNamara - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mungojerry311

Post by mungojerry311 »

silverquill wrote: December 20th, 2023, 12:28 am Might I take Section 13?
It's yours (for the next two months anyway)! Apologies for the late response, it's been a busy holiday season for me this year.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

It is looking like the first 4 months of the new year will be challenging. My apologies for needing to withdraw from designated pl.
Brian
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thought I would go ahead and post this, even though it looks as if you are without the services of a DPL for now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_13_macnamara_128kb.mp3 3:50
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

I'm happy to hop in and DPL if needed. I would just need someone to PL my 3 chapters at some point :)
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Cbteddy wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:01 am I'm happy to hop in and DPL if needed. I would just need someone to PL my 3 chapters at some point :)
Hi Claire, I will add you as the DPL. And... since I love listening to your great reading, I will PL your sections.
Best,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:43 am
Cbteddy wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:01 am I'm happy to hop in and DPL if needed. I would just need someone to PL my 3 chapters at some point :)
Hi Claire, I will add you as the DPL. And... since I love listening to your great reading, I will PL your sections.
Best,
Christine
P. S. Done you now have access to the MW.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

brownrottger wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:45 am
brownrottger wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:43 am
Best,
Christine
P. S. Done you now have access to the MW.
Confirming access to the MW :) Thanks for your kind words and for PLing my sections. I'll get the others PLed within the next few days.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
GeneralGiblits

Post by GeneralGiblits »

Hello, sorry for the wait on my section was enjoying the holiday season and ignored life for a while.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_10_macnamara_128kb.mp3

11:07 minutes long.

Here is the link for chapter 10 Sports of the American Settlers.

Could I lay claim to chapters 11 and 12 aswell seeing as they're both quite short.
Last edited by GeneralGiblits on January 8th, 2024, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 3-5 are PL ok. Great job as usual Claire!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

GeneralGiblits wrote: December 14th, 2023, 9:13 am Hello, here's the new link, sorry, probably just skimmed over the naming instructions thinking I'd got all the important bits.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_06_macnamara_128kb.mp3

If I've got that correct this time I would also be interested in claiming chapter 10 (sports of the american settlers).

Kind Regards,
Jack Hiller
Hello Jack! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording! You picked a great project to start with, and did wonderful with the pacing and overall tone. Apologies for the delay in receiving feedback.

I've noted any sections that may need to be edited. Usually it's not necessary to call out if a word is switched out or is missing (as long as it doesn't impact the overall meaning of the sentence), but since this is a book for new readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid any confusion.

Once edited, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post back in this thread so I can do a quick check of any areas fixed.

Around 5:20 - Omitted "once" from "The trick did not work well once;"

Around 5:25 - Heard " but ere he could make a noise..." should be " but ere he could make a sound" (normally I wouldn't call this one out, but since this is a book for beginner readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid confusion)

Around 6:26 - Omitted "done" from "de rope was done put round..."

Around 7:33 - Omitted "back" from "...to bring breath back to his limp form."

Around 10:08 - Heard "sling it to the back of a mule or horse," should be "sling it to the side of a mule or horse,"

I look forward to listening to more of your chapters in future readings!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

PL OK! I only found the first story kind of funny. I must not have a sense of humor that is compatible with olden times lol.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Cbteddy wrote: January 7th, 2024, 2:50 pm
PL OK! I only found the first story kind of funny. I must not have a sense of humor that is compatible with olden times lol.
Yeah, me too, I didn't find them funny at all.
GeneralGiblits

Post by GeneralGiblits »

Cbteddy wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:25 am
GeneralGiblits wrote: December 14th, 2023, 9:13 am Hello, here's the new link, sorry, probably just skimmed over the naming instructions thinking I'd got all the important bits.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/historyofmissouri_06_macnamara_128kb.mp3

If I've got that correct this time I would also be interested in claiming chapter 10 (sports of the american settlers).

Kind Regards,
Jack Hiller
Hello Jack! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording! You picked a great project to start with, and did wonderful with the pacing and overall tone. Apologies for the delay in receiving feedback.

I've noted any sections that may need to be edited. Usually it's not necessary to call out if a word is switched out or is missing (as long as it doesn't impact the overall meaning of the sentence), but since this is a book for new readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid any confusion.

Once edited, please re-upload the file, under the same name, and post back in this thread so I can do a quick check of any areas fixed.

Around 5:20 - Omitted "once" from "The trick did not work well once;"

Around 5:25 - Heard " but ere he could make a noise..." should be " but ere he could make a sound" (normally I wouldn't call this one out, but since this is a book for beginner readers or ESL, I think it's important to keep with the written text to avoid confusion)

Around 6:26 - Omitted "done" from "de rope was done put round..."

Around 7:33 - Omitted "back" from "...to bring breath back to his limp form."

Around 10:08 - Heard "sling it to the back of a mule or horse," should be "sling it to the side of a mule or horse,"

I look forward to listening to more of your chapters in future readings!

Heya, I've edited the sections you pointed out but don't seem to be able to upload it under the same name again. I tried twice (a second time to make sure I was uploading the correct file) and both times the link generated provides the original audio without corrections. Should I upload it with an altered name or wait for the original to be deleted?

Kind regards,
Jack Hiller
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

hello, may I please read

Chapter 09 - Old Superstitions