COMPLETE Thought Power Its Control and Culture by Annie Besant - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
karenv

Post by karenv »

Chapter 4 is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thoughtpoweritscontrolandculture_06_besant_128kb.mp3

I believe the text should match the reading, although using the word "corrrespondentially" instead of "correspondingly" which is in the updated Theosophical society version, isn't preferred. Plus all the instances of singular verbs like he listen vs he listens - but oh well - better to use the one text consistently I guess.

One thing - there was one footnote but I didn't cite it - the formats of the two text versions was so different that I didn't know how to cite either one, although the theosophical society one would probably be better at
"The Secret Doctrine vol. I, 2, note" rather than the text I'm using which has it as
"Secret Doctrine, i. 31, note"

I really don't think it's needed at all since the author of it - H.P. Blavatsky, is mentioned in the text, but of course will wait for your recommendation.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I think the word correspondentially is the correct one, as there is said to be a correspondential relationship of all parts of the universe to each other, maybe that's how the word is used in this text also.

I didn't notice any instances of singular verbs in this chapter, maybe I missed them.

Footnotes have always been considered at the discretion of the reader so they can be skipped or included as desired, no issue here!

PL OK for chapter 4!
karenv

Post by karenv »

OK great - thanks!
karenv

Post by karenv »

Chapter 5 is posted - https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thoughtpoweritscontrolandculture_07_besant_128kb.mp3

I had to amplify this one by 1 dB to get it into the range
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK for chapter 5!
karenv

Post by karenv »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

At 6:50 I think you accidentally included "Thought Power" that is the running header on every other page.
13:47, the same for "The Growth of Thought"

And only because you've expressed that text accuracy is important to you, 20:31 text is "and should not be neglected", I think I hear "negated"?
karenv

Post by karenv »

Thank you! Funny, as I was reading Ch 7, I saw those headings and realized they weren't headings and was wondering if I read them as such in the last chapter - and so I did! It's fixed now, as well as the important error of "negated", which is now "neglected". It took 6 seconds off the recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/thoughtpoweritscontrolandculture_08_besant_128kb.mp3
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

All perfect now! :clap:
karenv

Post by karenv »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 7 is PL OK!
karenv

Post by karenv »