[Solo]Bible (BSB) NT 19: Hebrews - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

Bible (BSB) NT 19: Hebrews
The Berean Study Bible is a fresh English translation of the Bible that goes back to the original Greek and Hebrew texts to give a clear understanding of what the words really mean. The publishers put the text into the public domain on April 30, 2023. (Summary by Brian Wilson)
Source text: (please read only from this text!): https://biblehub.com/bsb/hebrews/1.htm

Copyright: public domain

Target completion date: December 25, 2023

Prooflistening level: Word Perfect
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"The Book of Hebrews, Chapter # of the Berean Standard Bible. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Hebrews Chapter #."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Hebrews Chapter # of the Berean Standard Bible. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."]
End of recording:
Say:
"End of Hebrews #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of the Book of Hebrews, Berean Standard Bible."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: hebrews_##_bsb_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. hebrews_01_bsb_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by bountonw on October 30th, 2023, 2:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brian
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Looking for a DPL?

Lomond
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

Yes! Can I put your name down for it?
Brian
lomond

Post by lomond »

bountonw wrote: October 27th, 2023, 3:49 pm Yes! Can I put your name down for it?
Greetings -

Yes.

At your service.

Lomond
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

Noted. Thank you! We are still waiting for an MC to sign on. This is my first solo project, so there will be some initial questions regarding the intro and outro before beginning recording.
Brian
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

You might have more luck if you link to this page when it comes to the licensing.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 96% 2 left!
Wedding Day in All Ages and Countries by Edward J. Wood 86% 2 left!
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

InTheDesert wrote: October 27th, 2023, 11:28 pm You might have more luck if you link to this page when it comes to the licensing.
Thank you! I have edited the first post to include that information.
Brian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll set this up.

What's your question about the intros?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, this is set up.

I'd probably do the file name as hebrews_##_bsb_128kb.mp3. I don't think they need to be alphabetically sortable with other Bible books of the same translation. If someone wanted to store these in the same folder with other books of the same translation, they could probably just rename the files. :hmm:

If you decide to stick with the file name format that's in the first post, please make the "NT" lower case. :) I've changed it in the first post to be lower case, if you decide to go that way.

Regarding the intro, I think for the 2nd and subsequent sections you can just say, "Hebrews Chapter # of the Berean Standard Bible. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] then go right into the text. There's no need to repeat the rest of it.

Section titles: You can either go "Chapter 1" or "Hebrews 1" etc. - your choice.

Anything else? :)
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

Thank you, Tricia,

For section title can I use "Hebrews chapter 1" etc?

I am wanting to start small so do not want to announce a plan to solo the entire bible! :D But... I would like to do other short books and perhaps include longer books for a group effort. So whatever the files are named, eventually, it would be nice if they are catalogued like the KJV and ASB etc so that people can find them. Or is the file name irrelevant for that?
Brian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The file name is irrelevant for that.

Once there are several books of this translation, we can add them to a "group" like the KJV, ASB, etc. are. That doesn't have application to the individual file names.

Yes, you can call the sections "Hebrews Chapter 1". Note that that is how the sections will show on the catalog page, and how the titles will be in the MP3 metadata.
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

Thank you. So I can have “Hebrews 1” as the section name but read in the intro “Hebrews chapter 1” outro “end of Hebrews 1”???

Busy day today, will try to fill out the MW later today.
Brian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, that sounds fine to me. :)
bountonw

Post by bountonw »

I have updated the intros and outros and filled out the MW. Anything amiss before I start recording?
Brian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think you're set.

I'll move this to Going Solo...