[COMPLETE] Knock Three Times! by Marion St. John Webb - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Winnifred wrote: January 8th, 2024, 6:04 pm Chapter 15 is ready for PL. If you thought she was imaginative before, just wait till you find out what happens to Jack!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_15_webb_128kb.mp3 (14:01)

Cheers,
In line for PL. Should be able to do it today.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 15 is PL ok. Oh no poor Jack! I'm on the edge of my seat!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Here's Chapter 16. Molly's mission is intensified by the need to also rescue Jack!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_16_webb_128kb.mp3 (12:52)

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Winnifred wrote: January 12th, 2024, 3:44 pm Here's Chapter 16. Molly's mission is intensified by the need to also rescue Jack!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_16_webb_128kb.mp3 (12:52)

Cheers,
Yay!!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 16 is PL ok. Another chapter where I'm muttering "oh no!" at the end of it.
Question: Do you want to add an ! to the title since that is how it appears in the text you are using?
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

brownrottger wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:22 pm Chapter 16 is PL ok. Another chapter where I'm muttering "oh no!" at the end of it.
Question: Do you want to add an ! to the title since that is how it appears in the text you are using?
Aack. Some former editor I am! Thanks for that. I’ve fixed the title now wherever it appears.

I’ll try not to keep you in suspense too long before the next chapter.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Winnifred wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:42 pm
brownrottger wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:22 pm Chapter 16 is PL ok. Another chapter where I'm muttering "oh no!" at the end of it.
Aack. Some former editor I am! Thanks for that. I’ve fixed the title now wherever it appears.

I’ll try not to keep you in suspense too long before the next chapter.

Cheers,
So lucky to have had an editorial career! I was an editor once for 2 years as law clerk to an Appeals Court judge and I loved it!!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

brownrottger wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:47 pm So lucky to have had an editorial career! I was an editor once for 2 years as law clerk to an Appeals Court judge and I loved it!!
Really? I spent pretty much my entire career with Legal Aid BC, editing legal information for the general public. And yes, I loved it too. Despite some of the lawyers. :lol:
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Chapters 17 and 18 are ready for PL. The story continues to be suspenseful!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_17_webb_128kb.mp3 (19:47)
https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_18_webb_128kb.mp3 (12:25)

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Winnifred wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:50 pm
brownrottger wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:47 pm So lucky to have had an editorial career! I was an editor once for 2 years as law clerk to an Appeals Court judge and I loved it!!
Really? I spent pretty much my entire career with Legal Aid BC, editing legal information for the general public. And yes, I loved it too. Despite some of the lawyers. :lol:
Lawyers and the whole legal industry is truly horrible. I practiced law 6 years total and hated that sooo much!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

brownrottger wrote: January 13th, 2024, 4:50 pm
Lawyers and the whole legal industry is truly horrible. I practiced law 6 years total and hated that sooo much!
Oh, good. I sent that comment and then worried that I might have offended you if you were a lawyer. There are good lawyers around; I worked with a few. They were generally completely unlike their peers, and put direct client advocacy first, instead of billable hours, general arrogance, and the certainty that only they could actually understand and use the law.

I retired just in time. The organization has now been taken over by one of the latter type, and much of the good material we produced has been eliminated.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Winnifred wrote: January 13th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Oh, good. I sent that comment and then worried that I might have offended you if you were a lawyer. There are good lawyers around; I worked with a few. They were generally completely unlike their peers, and put direct client advocacy first, instead of billable hours, general arrogance, and the certainty that only they could actually understand and use the law.

I retired just in time. The organization has now been taken over by one of the latter type, and much of the good material we produced has been eliminated.
Good for you! I do worry about this world/country we live in.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapters 17 and 18 are PL ok. This book is so enjoyable! Even through adult eyes!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

brownrottger wrote: January 13th, 2024, 5:26 pm
Winnifred wrote: January 13th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Good for you! I do worry about this world/country we live in.
I'm in Canada, but there are things to worry about here too.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Here's Chapter 19. This is by far the most suspenseful chapter of the book. Enjoy!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/knockthreetimes_19_webb_128kb.mp3 (20:59)

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: