Poem or quote at beginning of chapter?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
cecemcnitt

Post by cecemcnitt »

Hello, I am working on a project that has little blurbs before the chapter begins. Example here: https://archive.org/details/moneylovekatetog00port/page/8/mode/2up?ref=ol&view=theater And I couldn't find information on where to place them, technically speaking, in the chapter introductions. Would you read it before you list the chapter or after? I just feel like it's awkward to state the chapter, read the blurb, and then go right into the book... Thanks in advance!

Here's my chapter intro:
"Chapter One of Money, Love and Kate Together with the story of a nickel. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." Read by Claire Sparks "Money, Love and Kate by Eleanor H. Porter. Chapter One, The Ball’s Inception.
- Cece
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think in this case, I'd put it before the chapter number and title:
...Read by Claire Sparks. Money, Love and Kate by Eleanor H. Porter. [bit of a pause]

A SNOWBALL OF THE FATES

At play one day, the Fates fashioned a snowball and laughed to see it grow. A boy, a man, a maid, a legacy, another man, and other maids — all these the Fates called "snow" and rolled up together. The Fates you see, were playing.

Chapter One, The Ball’s Inception.
Very limited computer access Wed-Sun, May 15-19.
cecemcnitt

Post by cecemcnitt »

TriciaG wrote: October 17th, 2023, 1:04 pm I think in this case, I'd put it before the chapter number and title:
...Read by Claire Sparks. Money, Love and Kate by Eleanor H. Porter. [bit of a pause]

A SNOWBALL OF THE FATES

At play one day, the Fates fashioned a snowball and laughed to see it grow. A boy, a man, a maid, a legacy, another man, and other maids — all these the Fates called "snow" and rolled up together. The Fates you see, were playing.

Chapter One, The Ball’s Inception.
Thank you so much! I know since it's solo, I have a little bit of flexibility, but I wasn't sure where to draw the line. That's very helpful!
- Cece