[COMPLETE]The Virgin of the Sun by H. Rider Haggard - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi Christine. The pre penultimate Book 2 Chapter 10 "The Great Horror" is now ready for PL.
I got tired of wading through old PD illustrations and have spent the week making my own, so almost ready to round things off.
Cheers,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ansam wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:12 am Hi Christine. The pre penultimate Book 2 Chapter 10 "The Great Horror" is now ready for PL.
I got tired of wading through old PD illustrations and have spent the week making my own, so almost ready to round things off.
Cheers,
Andy
Hi Andy, Sorry to say that you already did Book2 Chapter 10 " The Great Horror"as Section 17 (in the MW). Is it possible that you have a recording of Book 2 Chapter 11 and you just mistakenly labeled and uploaded the wrong one?
Best,
Christine
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi Christine. Yes you are correct, I will rectify this shortly. My wife thinks I need testing, but I put it down to brain fog due to PsA she has kindly made me an active spread sheet for future use. :lol:
Cheers,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ansam wrote: February 14th, 2024, 5:28 am Hi Christine. Yes you are correct, I will rectify this shortly. My wife thinks I need testing, but I put it down to brain fog due to PsA she has kindly made me an active spread sheet for future use. :lol:
Cheers,
Andy
Really these are the most minor things. I just found out that I left a whole paragraph off a text and it went all the way through to the public! Nothing is brain surgery here.
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi again Christine. I have put things to rights in the BC, so Book 2 Chapter 11 "The House of Death" is now ready for PL.
I have accepted my wife's offer of a spread sheet. I wouldn't refuse. She's a civil servant, but sometimes they can be damned uncivil. :lol:
Cheers,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ansam wrote: February 14th, 2024, 9:53 am Hi again Christine. I have put things to rights in the BC, so Book 2 Chapter 11 "The House of Death" is now ready for PL.
I have accepted my wife's offer of a spread sheet. I wouldn't refuse. She's a civil servant, but sometimes they can be damned uncivil. :lol:
Cheers,
Andy
You'll have to give her an extra kiss for her efforts and in honor of Valentine's Day! Hope yours is happy!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Book 2 Chapter 11 is PL ok.
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi Christine. Please find ready for PL the penultimate chapter of TVOTS Book 2 Chapter 12 "The Fight to the Death".
I think the final Chapter will follow quite soon, and we will come full circle.
Cheers,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Ansam wrote: February 19th, 2024, 10:36 am Hi Christine. Please find ready for PL the penultimate chapter of TVOTS Book 2 Chapter 12 "The Fight to the Death".
I think the final Chapter will follow quite soon, and we will come full circle.
Cheers,
Andy
Excellent!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Book 2 Chapter 12 is PL ok. Brilliant! Kinda sad this journey is almost over. Much listening enjoyment!
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi Christine.
Here we go then, finally. The closing chapter of TVOTS. Book 2 Chapter 13 "The Kiss of Quilla".

In a way we don't get to know the fate of the lovers, but here I think Haggard has been clever: In one instance it is mentioned that the Chanca people do not embalm their dead like the Inca. If we return to the "Introductory" as the "editor" seems to suggest, we find this:

"That of the lady, which had a kind of shroud made of the skins of long-wooled sheep wrapped about it as though to preserve the dress beneath, had been embalmed in some way, which the natives of the place, wherever it was, told him showed that she was royal."
So Haggard seems to be hinting that Hubert must have become Inca?

I will await your Pl all clear, but ,thank you so much for your help and encouragement, it really does make a difference.
Cheers,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Book 2 Chapter 13
I think your theory is very valid. Just on edit to this last section. At 25:26 you need to add "End of Book 2 Chapter 13" just before "End of The Virgin of the Sun..."
Thanks for this wonderful journey. This audiobook will be enjoyed by many and I am happy to have been your first (or second) listener.
Ansam

Post by Ansam »

Hi again Christine. I have added the necessary "End of..." to the final chapter and this is now ready for SPL. Well caught, and right at the end :lol:
If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me once all is up and running, I need to get the overall time for the CD cover.
Once again many thanks. I think my next reading might be a Mystery, requested by a LibriVox listener on the Facebook site. The lead character is one Hercules Popeau, thought to be the inspiration for Agatha Christie's Belgian detective.
Best regards,
Andy
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Final Section is PL ok. I will work on cataloguing this right now and PM you when done.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-virgin-of-the-sun-by-h-rider-haggard/

Congratulations Andy! Another masterpiece of voice! :9: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: