My 1 minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
Fauziya

Post by Fauziya »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

File is in WAV format. We need MP3.

Some of the tech specs are MP3-specific, so I can't check them. But I'll check what I can. :) Are you using Audacity? I'll give instructions assuming you are.

- The project rate is 48,000 Hz; it needs to be 44,100. Go to Edit/Preferences. Under Quality, set the default sample rate to 44,100.

- The recording is in stereo. To change all future recordings, go to Edit, Preferences, Devices. Under Recording, change Channels to "1 (Mono)".

- Your volume is a bit too high. Visually, you should aim for your wave forms to peak near the 0.5 mark, like this:

Try making these adjustments, then post another test. Use the same file name as your previous one, and post in this same thread when it's ready. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Fauziya

Post by Fauziya »

I am unable to upload with .mp3 extension. In the instructions it is given that we can upload with .zip , .wav , .flac , etc
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Are you getting an error when trying? Could it be that you're not actually exporting to MP3 but just naming the file "mp3" instead?

If you're exporting to a real MP3, you should be able to upload. From the uploader: "You can only upload .mp3, .wav, .flac, .zip and .txt files." :)

While the uploader allows these other types of files, for projects we need MP3.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart