[COMPLETE]The Best Ghost Stories by Various - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Marina47

Post by Marina47 »

Winnifred it works now; it didn't before--it took me to the public Librivox page, not the uploader.
Now I have the uploader but my mc (Flavo5000) is not in the list.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Marina47 wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 3:44 pm Winnifred it works now; it didn't before--it took me to the public Librivox page, not the uploader.
Now I have the uploader but my mc (Flavo5000) is not in the list.
That's because he's the BC (book coordinator), not the MC. Kitty is the MC. Most projects have the MC listed in the first post directly below the Librivox uploader instructions in bold blue type. Just scroll past the Magic Window to see who the MC is.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
Marina47

Post by Marina47 »

Here's the last chapter of Best Ghost Stories duration 32:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/best_ghost_stories_15_various_128kb.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Marina47 wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 7:06 pm Here's the last chapter of Best Ghost Stories duration 32:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/best_ghost_stories_15_various_128kb.mp3
Hi Marina,

This was a delightful reading of this section. Your voice is excellent for recording!

I do, however, have a couple of corrections to ask of you:
  • You’re missing part of the outro (conclusion). Before “End of the Best Ghost Stories,” you need to say “End of Section 15.” The first post of this project set this out clearly; you need to follow those instructions for all recordings.
  • Your file name does not follow the format set out in the introductory post. The title "best ghost stories" needs to be all one word, without underscores between the words (bestghoststories_15_various_128kb.mp3). As you have to make the edit above anyway, please save the file with the correct file name before you re-upload.
And finally, just a suggestion: Your volume is at the upper end of the allowable range at 91.8 dB. This reading is fine, but you might want to bring your volume down a touch in future, to avoid going over 92 dB.

I look forward to hearing more of your voice in future!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Winnifred wrote: October 28th, 2023, 4:43 pm Section 12 is in the Magic Window and ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_12_various_128kb.mp3 (16:16)

Can't decide whether it's a sad story or a happy one. I suppose she got what she wanted in the end.

Cheers,
Hi Ben,

Are you PLing Section 12, or should I find someone else to do it?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Winnifred wrote: November 4th, 2023, 5:48 pm
Winnifred wrote: October 28th, 2023, 4:43 pm Section 12 is in the Magic Window and ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_12_various_128kb.mp3 (16:16)

Can't decide whether it's a sad story or a happy one. I suppose she got what she wanted in the end.

Cheers,
Hi Ben,

Thanks,
I was planning to possibly tomorrow. Just been busier than usual at work this last week.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

flavo5000 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 7:58 pm

Cheers,
Hi Ben,

Thanks,
I was planning to possibly tomorrow. Just been busier than usual at work this last week.
No rush. I just wanted to make sure it hadn’t gotten lost. Thanks
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Winnifred wrote: November 4th, 2023, 8:33 pm
flavo5000 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 7:58 pm

Hi Ben,

Thanks,
No rush. I just wanted to make sure it hadn’t gotten lost. Thanks
PL OK! Thanks!
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Hi Chris,

Very nicely read (did you ever read for radio or TV news? You have that kind of voice).

I just have a couple of PL notes for you:
  • At 1:25, I hear “Just as French and his wife drew within sight of the white headstones in the church the horses reared back on their haunches and snorted in terror.” But the text reads “Just as French and his wife drew within sight of the white headstones in the churchyard the horses reared back on their haunches and snorted in terror.” I think listeners might be a bit puzzled by characters driving through a church that contains headstones, so you might want to correct that. :lol:
  • Just after 8:12, there’s a repeat “He suspected a trick, and so bought a pair of rubber shoes, with the aid of which… with the aid of which he proceeded to examine…” Please delete one of these.
And a comment: you don’t need to correct this, as it doesn’t change the meaning, but I notice that you consistently read “inasmuch” as “insomuch”. You might want to watch for that in future readings.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Marina47

Post by Marina47 »

Thank you for the compliment Winnifred. I'll do that stuff. Still fine tuning my procedure to be consistent.
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Winnifred wrote: November 8th, 2023, 3:40 pm
Hi Chris,

Very nicely read (did you ever read for radio or TV news? You have that kind of voice).

I just have a couple of PL notes for you:
  • At 1:25, I hear “Just as French and his wife drew within sight of the white headstones in the church the horses reared back on their haunches and snorted in terror.” But the text reads “Just as French and his wife drew within sight of the white headstones in the churchyard the horses reared back on their haunches and snorted in terror.” I think listeners might be a bit puzzled by characters driving through a church that contains headstones, so you might want to correct that. :lol:
  • Just after 8:12, there’s a repeat “He suspected a trick, and so bought a pair of rubber shoes, with the aid of which… with the aid of which he proceeded to examine…” Please delete one of these.
And a comment: you don’t need to correct this, as it doesn’t change the meaning, but I notice that you consistently read “inasmuch” as “insomuch”. You might want to watch for that in future readings.

Thanks,
Thanks for the kind words.

All fixed now. Now 30:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_14_various_128kb.mp3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

pyledriver wrote: November 9th, 2023, 9:22 pm
Thanks for the kind words.

All fixed now. Now 30:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_14_various_128kb.mp3
PL OK now. Rounded the time up to 30:43 as it's very close to that.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
MorphineLolly

Post by MorphineLolly »

apologies for the delay, I Feel as though i have run at least 10 Miles,(my recording space has been in constant flux, its stable now but i dident want huge gaps in quality throughout the read) here she is in all that is her, this is not a ghost story, it does poses a moral dilemma that i do not fully endorse :hmm: yet cannot deny its validity. either way not a ghost story but maybe one of the spirit.

42:00

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_5_various_128kb.mp3
Last edited by MorphineLolly on November 16th, 2023, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.