[FULL]The Best Ghost Stories by Various - kit

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TotalEcho

Post by TotalEcho »

Hello and Happy New Year everyone!

I have finally finished section 13. It took a lot more time than I had anticipated but I had a blast recording it. I hope you'll like it as well.

Cheers! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_13_various_128kb.mp3 29:24
Seasoned entrepreneur and passionate voice actor - @TotalEcho
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

TotalEcho wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 6:15 am Hello and Happy New Year everyone!

I have finally finished section 13. It took a lot more time than I had anticipated but I had a blast recording it. I hope you'll like it as well.

Thank you! You are queued for PL!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TotalEcho wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 6:15 am Hello and Happy New Year everyone!

I loved it! Laughed out loud several times. It's obvious you had a lot of fun making this, and it really comes to life.

There is one correction required and I have a question:
  • At 1:06, 3:06, 6:23, 8:49, 14:46, and 27:54, for the sound of the rain-doves, owls, and wind, were those made using just your voice and your recording program's special effects? I ask because we’re not supposed to use any external special effects for copyright reasons, and I'm not entirely sure if these are human-produced sounds. If you can assure me you created them all using just your voice and your program's effects, then it’s fine. Otherwise, you’ll have to sub in your voice making those sounds. (I assume that the ghost voices are your voice with special effects applied. They’re very effective.)
  • At 28:40, there’s a phrase missing (“So he ma she say’:”) that should appear just before she says “‘Git erlong wid yo’! Whut yo’ skeered ob whin dey ain’t no ghosts?” Please add that in.
Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Winnifred wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 5:32 pm
  • At 1:06, 3:06, 6:23, 8:49, 14:46, and 27:54, for the sound of the rain-doves, owls, and wind, were those made using just your voice and your recording program's special effects? I ask because we’re not supposed to use any external special effects for copyright reasons, and I'm not entirely sure if these are human-produced sounds. If you can assure me you created them all using just your voice and your program's effects, then it’s fine. Otherwise, you’ll have to sub in your voice making those sounds. (I assume that the ghost voices are your voice with special effects applied. They’re very effective.)
I had a listen to those parts and I must agree, those are computer generated sounds or possibly taken from the internet and as such PD problematic. LV doesn't accept special effects of this magnitude. If the sounds are written in the text, as in "the owls go whoo-hoo" or something similar, then you have to make that sound with your voice. If they are not even written out, you can leave them out altogether.

The recording needs to be purged of those, sorry.

Sonia
TotalEcho

Post by TotalEcho »

Hey guys. Thank you for the feedback!

Yes, those sounds are recorded sounds from the internet. Although they are copyright free, I guess there is no way to prove that. I figured they might not be accepted but it was worth a shot because they really fit in and made the story more immersive.

The ghost voices are my own with a bit of added delay effect.

No worries, I will use my voice to make those sounds.

I will upload the edited file asap.

Cheers!

TotalEcho
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TotalEcho wrote: January 4th, 2024, 10:20 amYes, those sounds are recorded sounds from the internet. Although they are copyright free, I guess there is no way to prove that. I figured they might not be accepted but it was worth a shot because they really fit in and made the story more immersive.
it's not only the copyright problem, but also that LV stands for human recordings, nothing AI or computer generated, so these special effects also would be flagged in that category.
The ghost voices are my own with a bit of added delay effect.
I think that can be accepted, as long as it's your voice one should be able to recognize it as such. If you don't go over the top with it. ;) I agree, that a bit of reverb fits nicely for ghostly voices.

thanks for understanding

Sonia
DaneVO

Post by DaneVO »

I’ve always enjoyed Rudyard Kipling stories. I would like to be assigned section 9.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

DaneVO wrote: January 7th, 2024, 3:47 pm I’ve always enjoyed Rudyard Kipling stories. I would like to be assigned section 9.
Great! Before I assign it to you, what name would you like to go by in the catalog? This could be your real name, username or anything else you'd like. Thanks!
DaneVO

Post by DaneVO »

Excellent!! For the catalog please use Neil Hatton.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

DaneVO wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:27 am Excellent!! For the catalog please use Neil Hatton.
Great! You're assigned!
KDonProduction

Post by KDonProduction »

What a fun collection! May I read section 2?
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

KDonProduction wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:04 am What a fun collection! May I read section 2?
You bet! It's yours!
DaneVO

Post by DaneVO »

flavo5000 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 7:30 am
DaneVO wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:27 am Excellent!! For the catalog please use Neil Hatton.
Great! You're assigned!
Awesome, thanks
TotalEcho

Post by TotalEcho »

Here is the uploaded file with the special effects replaced and with the missing line added.

I assure you: the owl, doves and wind noises are my own :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_13_various_128kb.mp3 28:55

Cheers!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TotalEcho wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:57 am Here is the uploaded file with the special effects replaced and with the missing line added.

I assure you: the owl, doves and wind noises are my own :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bestghoststories_13_various_128kb.mp3 28:55

Cheers!
And I think they're even better than what you had before! However, my apologies; I missed one. There’s another instance at 19:59 that needs to be swapped out.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)