[COMPLETE] Ladies Whose Bright Eyes, by Ford Madox Ford - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
plotznik

Post by plotznik »

Scarbo wrote: June 30th, 2023, 4:46 pm
plotznik wrote: June 30th, 2023, 7:14 am Here is Section 3 (12:37)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_3_ford_128kb.mp3
Thank you for section 3! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your clear reading style. I have just a few PL notes:

- At the very beginning, could you shorten the silence a bit so that it's between 0.5 and 1 second(s) of silence?
- At 3:08, there's a stumble at "but I wish I could do the gliding step."
- Could you add a 0 before the 3 in the filename? (ladieswhosebrighteyes_03_ford_128kb.mp3)
Thanks for these helpful notes. I think I have addressed them all; hope you agree!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_03_ford_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

plotznik wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 7:37 am Thanks for these helpful notes. I think I have addressed them all; hope you agree!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_03_ford_128kb.mp3
Yes, PL OK! Thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
plotznik

Post by plotznik »

Hello,

I would like to claim section 10 please.

Thanks,
John
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

plotznik wrote: July 10th, 2023, 6:35 am Hello,

I would like to claim section 10 please.

Thanks,
John
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
plotznik

Post by plotznik »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 5! It's very nicely done, and I appreciate your measured reading pace. I have just a few notes:

- At 9:29, "who had fallen on Sir John of Hainault and his fellows as they went back at night from the King’s lodgings to their own," you say "who had fallen on Sir John of Hainault and his friends as they went back at night from the King’s lodgings to their own"
- At 11:24, there's a repeat of "'Why, ask her,' the Lady Blanche said. 'I am tired of the sound of my own voice.'"
- At 22:04, "one comes trotting along the path," it sounds as though part of "trotting" has been cut out
- At 22:35, "One it might be that had been condemned to do penance in a sheet," you say "One it might be that he had been condemned to do penance in a sheet"
- At 27:16, "Upon this hutch, at the foot of the bed," part of "Upon" is cut off
- At 32:15, "and a lugubrious parrot that nonchalantly opened and shut one eye," you say "and a lugubrious parrot that nonchalantly opened and shut its one eye"
- At 34:31, "and you shall come to me in them after the dinner is drawn," it sounds as though part of "come" is cut out

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, plotznik! I wasn't able to get to section 10 tonight, but I'll do my best to have it PL'd by the end of tomorrow.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo wrote: July 12th, 2023, 6:16 pm
Thank you for section 5! It's very nicely done, and I appreciate your measured reading pace. I have just a few notes:

- At 9:29, "who had fallen on Sir John of Hainault and his fellows as they went back at night from the King’s lodgings to their own," you say "who had fallen on Sir John of Hainault and his friends as they went back at night from the King’s lodgings to their own"
- At 11:24, there's a repeat of "'Why, ask her,' the Lady Blanche said. 'I am tired of the sound of my own voice.'"
- At 22:04, "one comes trotting along the path," it sounds as though part of "trotting" has been cut out
- At 22:35, "One it might be that had been condemned to do penance in a sheet," you say "One it might be that he had been condemned to do penance in a sheet"
- At 27:16, "Upon this hutch, at the foot of the bed," part of "Upon" is cut off
- At 32:15, "and a lugubrious parrot that nonchalantly opened and shut one eye," you say "and a lugubrious parrot that nonchalantly opened and shut its one eye"
- At 34:31, "and you shall come to me in them after the dinner is drawn," it sounds as though part of "come" is cut out
Hey Sarah! Edits made per your great notes! New length 37:27
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks again for this section! It sounds great. I have just a few notes:

- At 3:22, "and upon the whole he was relieved to be informed by the little Jehan," you say "and upon the whole he was believed to be informed by the little Jehan"
- At 28:26, "I’d no idea I was so ignorant; but I am," I hear "I’ve no idea I was so ignorant; but I am"
- At 32:06, "and he did not see who in the world was going to stand against him," it sounds as though "the" partially cuts out

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Christine! I ran out of time to spot-PL section 5 today, but I will tomorrow for sure.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: July 12th, 2023, 7:15 pm Hey Sarah! Edits made per your great notes! New length 37:27
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
plotznik

Post by plotznik »

Scarbo wrote: July 13th, 2023, 6:00 pm
Thanks again for this section! It sounds great. I have just a few notes:

- At 3:22, "and upon the whole he was relieved to be informed by the little Jehan," you say "and upon the whole he was believed to be informed by the little Jehan"
- At 28:26, "I’d no idea I was so ignorant; but I am," I hear "I’ve no idea I was so ignorant; but I am"
- At 32:06, "and he did not see who in the world was going to stand against him," it sounds as though "the" partially cuts out

Thanks so much, Sarah. I am still getting the hang of "editing in" a replacement like this, but I think I ahve addressed all these. Let me know if more is required!
gratefully
John

(32:22)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_10_ford_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

plotznik wrote: July 19th, 2023, 1:17 pm Thanks so much, Sarah. I am still getting the hang of "editing in" a replacement like this, but I think I ahve addressed all these. Let me know if more is required!
gratefully
John

(32:22)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_10_ford_128kb.mp3
Nothing more is needed, everything sounds great! Thank you! PL OK.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Sarah, I am requesting two months extension on my claims.
Best,
Christine