COMPLETE: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

ekearney wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:27 pm Here is section 8, aka Chapter 7. First timer, be kind!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/seenonthestage_8_hamilton_128kb.mp3
Hi Ellie. Your file is in the MW ready for PL. For future reference, please always enter the section number in the filename as a 2 digit number (in this case 08). You don't need to reupload this time unless there are PLing corrections to be made. I can fix it when I catalog the project. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

MairiMac wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:18 pm Hi! Can I take section 11- Camille
Section 11 assigned to you, MairiMac. Thanks for claiming!
Jo
acousticanna

Post by acousticanna »

Hi!

Here is Section 5 (Chapter 4 in the book). I am slightly congested and did my best to take out any extra (annoying) breaths. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/seenonthestage_05_hamilton_128kb.mp3

(9:42)

Thank you!
De Anna
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 3:49 pm
bergmannw wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:42 pm On Jan 22, I requested to claim Section 21: "Understanding the Russians." Now, I have gone ahead and recorded it. I admit, I'm a newbie and still learning how Librivox works. But please let me know if it is OK for me to submit my recording, and to whom I should direct it. Thanks!
--Warren Bergmann
Hi Warren. Sorry for the delay and any subsequent confusion that resulted. I've entered your claim for section 21 into the Magic Window. Please see the first post in this thread for the proper naming of your file and how to upload it to our server. Once you have uploaded the file, be sure to post the link you get from the uploader and the length of your file in mm:ss. :)
Hi knotyouraveragejo -- Thanks for the reply. I an excited to upload my file. What is "mm:ss"?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

minutes:seconds, i.e. 35:15 would be 35 minutes and 15 seconds. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

acousticanna wrote: January 28th, 2023, 7:38 pm Hi!

Here is Section 5 (Chapter 4 in the book). I am slightly congested and did my best to take out any extra (annoying) breaths. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/seenonthestage_05_hamilton_128kb.mp3

(9:42)

Thank you!
De Anna
Thanks for your file. It's entered in the MW, ready for PL. :)
Jo
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Acousticanna,
PL Okay for your section--I think it sounds just fine.

Many thanks!
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Ellie,
Great job on your recording! It is PL Okay. Your volume is 92.1 dB but I think that will be okay-just at the bottom of the accepted range.

Hope to hear more of your work!
Thanks,
Lora
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

Here is the link to my reading of section 21: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/seenonthestage_21_hamilton_128kb.mp3
The duration is 10:30. You can use my full name: Warren Bergmann
MairiMac

Post by MairiMac »

ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Warren,

An interesting chapter that you read very well. Please check at 7:40; add "not" to "Judge not, that ye be not judged." I'll let Jo handle the file for the MW.

Thank you,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi MairiMac,

Excellent! My only note is to add at the end, "End of Chapter 10" plus 5 seconds of silence.

Thank you,
Lora
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

ADKreader1122 wrote: January 30th, 2023, 1:33 pm Hello Warren,

An interesting chapter that you read very well. Please check at 7:40; add "not" to "Judge not, that ye be not judged." I'll let Jo handle the file for the MW.

Thank you,
Lora
Thank you for catching that, Lora. I have a few questions:
After I make that correction, do I choose "knotyouraveragejo" as mc again? (Is that the "Jo" you referred to?)
Will I use the same file name as before, or do I need to alter that?
What is an "MW"?

Warren
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Warren,
Yes, Jo is still the MC and you choose her again for the file. I don't think you change the file name at all. The MW is the Magic Window on page 1 of the project where all the sections are listed, their readers, and the status of each. I hope that helps--I don't do much of the behind-the-scenes coordination!

Best,
Lora
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

HI Warren,

Always upload edited files with the same filename and to the same uploader folder as the original. That way the link in the MW (Magic Window) stays the same. The original file is not overwritten, but renamed on the server so that the most recent file always has the correct filename.

In addition to readers, each project has an MC (meta coordinator), who is an admin that puts the project into the LV database and ultimately catalogs the project when all the files are uploaded and PL OK. Every project also has a BC (book coordinator) who chooses the book to record, fills out the project template generator and then posts the code it provides in the top post of each thread. The BC is also responsible for answering posts in the book thread and keeping the MW up to date with claims and submitted files. The project also typically with have a DPL (Dedicated Prooflistener) which is Lora role on this project.
Jo