COMPLETE Sir Titus Salt, Baronet, His Life and Its Lessons-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Wayne, I'll get to 17 and 18 shortly.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Chapter 17

3:01 audio is blurred. "The ceremony of formally declaring the park open.....". This occurs in a few other spots that follow, but those are understandable.
25:00 were foreign to the genius of Christianity, you say genesis
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:27 pm PL Notes Chapter 17

3:01 audio is blurred. "The ceremony of formally declaring the park open.....". This occurs in a few other spots that follow, but those are understandable.
25:00 were foreign to the genius of Christianity, you say genesis
Michele,

Here is the corrected 17:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_17_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Time: 29:58

On the 25 min. correction, I read 'genesis' and thought it fit, as in the 'basis' or 'beginning' of Christianity.

And, when I listened to the 'blurred' one, I didn't hear anything wrong, and was going to not correct it and make the comment that I didn't hear anything, but I had my wife listen to it and she picked it out with me just having her listen to about 15 seconds both sides of it and asking her if she heard anything. And so, when she did, and you did, I figured that it was probably wrong and I should try again. She then listened to the correction and said that it passed muster, sooo the gals are right and I am wrong.......again. :lol:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

17 is PL OK.
I not only heard the distortion, but when I zoomed in could also see it in the wave form as vertical lines throughout the phrase. It's as though your USB connection got momentarily bumped. And would we could change out words when we think another would be more accurate! Alas that's only allowed with typos.

All sounds fine now. Good job.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Chapter 18

20:02 He had never confined his princely liberality, you say prince illiberality
21:45 the great trade of alpaca, I hear a-packa, and at trailing volume, so it isn't quite understood. Wouldn't mention but "alpaca" is the whole point of the sentence.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 20th, 2021, 9:23 am PL Notes Chapter 18

20:02 He had never confined his princely liberality, you say prince illiberality
21:45 the great trade of alpaca, I hear a-packa, and at trailing volume, so it isn't quite understood. Wouldn't mention but "alpaca" is the whole point of the sentence.
Michele,

Here is the cleaned up 18: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_18_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Same time.

Thanks for making me enunciate more clearly. :D

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi again,

Here is 19:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_19_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Time: 23:48

Almost done. We are, if I have done my job the way it should be done. But that is what you get the big bucks for. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to a PLOK, one way or the other. :lol:

Wayne
Wayne
msfry

Post by msfry »

18 is PL OK. Will listen to 19 tomorrow and we'll wrap this up.

I've got the cover almost finished too.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 19 is PL OK Great job, Wayne!

So now this project is finished, and we've knocked back another inspiring book for the LV Catalogue. Thank you one and all for your participation. I will now take gander at the summary and keywords, and put the finishing touches on the cover.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I've tweeked the Summary and added the link to the short story, but I can't find where to add keywords. Here are a few.

worsted, Saltaire, textiles, alpaca, industrialist, philanthropy, philanthropist, Bradford, England
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks. Changes to key words and summary (from what was put in the initial new project template) need to be done by an admin.

For the link to the short story, can you please put it in this format in the summary? (It won't look right in the project thread, but it will look right in the catalog and on Archive):

Code: Select all

Use this code to add a Link to a page:
<a href=“http://Internet URL goes here.”>Title the visitor sees.</a>

Code example:  <a href=http://www.example.com>Example</a>     
Thanks.
MaryAnn
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, I've revised the link, and worked a wee bit more on the summary. As to keywords, some MC's will leave that visible in the first post (at least when I ask), just under the MW. As I suspect it is with other BC's, I only listen to the book as the project moves along and it's an easy place to add the keywords in. Of course, MC's have to do something extra to tweak the Summary and Keywords at the end.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, but I still don't see the right coding in the first post summary. You should be using <> codes, not [] codes.
msfry

Post by msfry »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 1:53 pm OK, but I still don't see the right coding in the first post summary. You should be using <> codes, not [] codes.
Hopefully this will do it.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you. That looks good.