[COMPLETE] Triumphant Democracy by Andrew Carnegie - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Marya999 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 3:11 pm Thanks! I wasn't sure if you'd want a new reader's sticky jam thumbprints all over your book :wink: , but since you ask, I'd love to take another section, I'll look over the available chapters.
msfry wrote: November 24th, 2020, 5:47 pm Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. Nice edits! And a well read chapter, pleasant to listen to! Thank you. May I entice you to choose another?
That is very considerate of you, Mary. And you are right I don't want "sticky jam thumbprints" all over any book that I've endeavored to organize for the listening world to enjoy. But, your thumbprints are not sticky at all. Jump right in. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 29, Chapter 20 Part 2, General Reflections is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_29_carnegie_128kb.mp3 24:16

Wayne, it's your turn. Are you seeing this?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 24 is PL OK. Guess I'll give up my goal of "visiting all the light-houses in America". :lol: :lol: :lol: The list, says Carnegie, is 3 volumes with 300 pages in each!!!!!! :shock:

Fascinating information in this chapter. Lots of data gathering going on.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm Section 29, Chapter 20 Part 2, General Reflections is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_29_carnegie_128kb.mp3 24:16

Yes, the 'notification' came across, and I just saw it. I will get it done today. :D

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm Section 29, Chapter 20 Part 2, General Reflections is uploaded:

Thank you, that was outstandingly done!! :clap: PLOK+

Wayne
Last edited by Kalamareader on December 4th, 2020, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
phenderson

Post by phenderson »

Hi, can I take on section 10?
msfry

Post by msfry »

phenderson wrote: December 4th, 2020, 1:15 pm Hi, can I take on section 10?
Hi Phil, I see you've gotten the OK on your 1 minute test, so you're ready to record! I'm happy to assign you Section 10. As this is your first recording, please provide me with the name you'd like to show up in our catalog. Example: Michele Fry is my Catalog Name, msfry as my username, but you can use whatever names you want. Anyone looking for me can enter my Catalog Name into the search bar on the home page see every project I've recorded on. Also, please read the First Post carefully for what to say for your Intro, Outro, what to name your file (has to be exact), where to upload, etc. Any questions, let me know. Welcome to Librivox.
phenderson

Post by phenderson »

Thanks! Let's go with Phil Henderson for the Catalog Name.
Best,
Phil
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok Phil, you are all set up! You can claim sections in Readers Wanted without further logs to trip over. But be sure not to claim more than you can finish in a reasonable time. LV is like a gigantic candy store. It's way too tempting to stuff your pockets with bon-bons you can't possibly eat in the time allotted. Trust me. I know. :roll:
Last edited by msfry on December 5th, 2020, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afamiliarspirit

Post by afamiliarspirit »

Would I be able to do section 23, Chapter 17: Foreign Affairs?
For my name, Evan H R works fine.
WaterBaron

Post by WaterBaron »

I'd like to claim section 11
also known as ch 9 "Agriculture"
msfry

Post by msfry »

afamiliarspirit wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:17 pm Would I be able to do section 23, Chapter 17: Foreign Affairs?
For my name, Evan H R works fine.
Hello, Evan and welcome to Librivox. Before recording, we ask you to submit your 1 minute test. If you did not receive your Welcome Letter via email, here is what it says:

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

I will be looking for this test to be OK'd. Meanwhile, I will assign section 23 to you and enter your name in our catalog.
msfry

Post by msfry »

WaterBaron wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:39 pm I'd like to claim section 11
also known as ch 9 "Agriculture"
Hello, and welcome to the project. I've put your claim in for section 11 and look forward to listening. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 25 is PL OK! Excellent reading, of very interesting material. Thank you. :thumbs:

I looked up the Smithsonian Blue Books that Carnegie mentioned, thinking they might be something to record, but only found one, which was mostly a picture book from 2015.

As to the government populating lakes with fish, I know that subdivision Homeowner's Associations where they have a lake, apply for bass and brim eggs from LSU, and get them for free. Neat.
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

Thank you :) May I read #15, Ch 12, Trade and Commerce?

Marya