[Complete] Colonel Thorndyke's Secret by G.A. Henty - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

nickbulka wrote:
Lynnet wrote:
nickbulka wrote:Chapter 16:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/colonelthorndykessecret_16_henty.mp3
39:35

I'm ready to take on the next two chapters. In fact, I can commit to the rest of the unclaimed chapters, if that's appropriate.
Thank you for that chapter and for claiming the remainder :thumbs:

Have you thought about recording a solo next time? There's no problem with claiming a bunch of chapters in a group project (unless the BC prefers otherwise) but there is not much more work involved in doing a solo, and you have more control over what you read (as in, you choose the book :wink: )

Lynne
Thanks, Lynne

yes, I am considering doing a solo. But I wanted to get my LibroVox feet wet first (including possibly getting some feedback and suggestions on how to improve my reading). Once they've dried, I'll look for a suitable book that hasn't already been recorded.

On a side note, I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. :9:

-nick
Certainly a good plan - and think if you hadn't started that way, one of the admins would have stepped in and suggested it :lol:
My problem is there are so many I want to read...
But as you seem to be enjoying Henty, he was very prolific so may be a good place to start. There are quite a few already in the catalog, but if you cross-reference Gutenberg and the Librivox catalog you should still get quite a few to choose from - I haven't counted, but I'd guess 20 or so :shock: . Also, there are no rules against recording a book that has already been done - Librivox stresses "The Choice Of Voice", but I do understand wanting to do a previously unrecorded book.
Lynne
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

That's a great idea! R.M. Ballantyne is another great author that we need more people to read. Chapter 16 is PL OK.
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

chapters 18,19 and 20 are unassigned according to the Magic Window.

nick
-nick
-------------------------------
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

nickbulka wrote:chapters 18,19 and 20 are unassigned according to the Magic Window.

nick
Oops, sorry - I put spaces where there shouldn't be spaces. I could see I had assigned them to you 8-)
Lynne
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

moving us to readers found :thumbs:
Carolin
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

-nick
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

-nick
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you :thumbs:

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

Sounds great except that I noticed a funny background noise pretty frequently through the whole recording. It was a high pitched sqeaking, like a park swing or something. Not too bad, so I marked the chapter as PL OK, but it is there. Thanks for reading though!
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

my rocking chair. :(

guess I need to get out the WD-40.

The funny thing is that I didn't even notice it when I listened myself, because I was rocking while I was listening.

I'll be happy to fix it.

-nick
-nick
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AlaynaMay wrote:Sounds great except that I noticed a funny background noise pretty frequently through the whole recording. It was a high pitched sqeaking, like a park swing or something. Not too bad, so I marked the chapter as PL OK, but it is there. Thanks for reading though!
nickbulka wrote:my rocking chair. :(

guess I need to get out the WD-40.

The funny thing is that I didn't even notice it when I listened myself, because I was rocking while I was listening.

I'll be happy to fix it.

I think the question is: was it distracting? If not, leave it; if it was, it needs to be fixed.
Lynne

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

Oh that's funny! I didn't think there could be a swingset close by, but that was sure what it sounded like to me. Like I said, not a big issue, but something to fix if you can. Only 4 chapters left... Keep it up! :clap:
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

Oh, just saw Lynne's reply- no, it wasn't really distracting. Don't worry about it if it's hard to fix.
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Just listened again. I had to really strain to hear the squeaks, even with headphones. I think I'll just leave it. Already took care of the squeeky chair, so it won't happen again. :)
-nick