[Complete] Animals' Rights Considered in Relation to Social Progress by Henry S. Salt - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for, we are the change that we seek."
- B. Obama
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for, we are the change that we seek."
- B. Obama
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LucieLutin wrote: August 4th, 2023, 3:47 pm Here's Appendix 6 ready for PL :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/animalrights_14_salt_128kb.mp3
Sections 13 and 14 are PL OK.

I wonder if you've changed your recording setup? These last two sections sound like you're farther away from your mic than in your earlier recordings. It doesn't impair the recording, but it may be noticeable when the listener passes from section 12 to 13.

Only two to go!

Cheers,
Winnifred
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

Yes, I noticed as well, I will make sure it's better next time, thank you!
Yes!!! Exciting!
- B. Obama
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

- B. Obama
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

- B. Obama
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LucieLutin wrote: August 5th, 2023, 8:20 pm Last Appendix ready for PL!!
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/animalrights_16_salt_128kb.mp3
Hooray! Just a few PL notes to tackle before you're done, though.

Appendix 7: From about 4:22 on there seems to be some noise in the background, and at 4:39, there’s a rather loud thump. Since your volume is quite high at 91.5 and the background noise is 40.4, this recording might benefit from some de-amplification (would also bring down the background noise). You could safely de-amplify by 2. And you might want to try and edit out the thump.

Appendix 8: At the beginning of your intro, you say Appendix 6 instead of 8, and in your outro at the end, you’ve forgotten to say “End of Appendix 8” before “End of Animals Rights…”

Cheers,
Winnifred
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

- B. Obama
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

And they are both PL OK!

Congratulations on completing the book! It has been a pleasure to take this journey along with you.

Cheers,
Winnifred
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

Thank you so much for all your work, it's been a pleasure as well!
You are a fast ProofListener that's for sure :)
- B. Obama
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LucieLutin wrote: August 6th, 2023, 3:39 pm Thank you so much for all your work, it's been a pleasure as well!
You are a fast ProofListener that's for sure :)
I know what it feels like to have to wait and wait for your proof listener, especially when you're nearing the end of a book. Doesn't seem fair somehow. Plus, my neighbourhood has been so noisy with construction lately that I haven't been able to record except on weekends, so I had plenty of time for proof listening during the week.

Cheers,
Winnifred
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

Well, I'm very grateful!
I hope you're able to get back to it soon!
Do you happen to know how the publishing works?
- B. Obama
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LucieLutin wrote: August 6th, 2023, 3:43 pm Well, I'm very grateful!
I hope you're able to get back to it soon!
Do you happen to know how the publishing works?
MCs generally keep a pretty close eye on the projects they're responsible for, and will start the publishing process within a few days of the Magic Window being filled out with all PL OKs. You don't need to do anything further now. It might be a bit slower than usual at this time of year.

Cheers,
Winnifred
LucieLutin

Post by LucieLutin »

Alright, thank you! :)
- B. Obama
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I’ll get on to it now.
Once it starts deriving, it can take anything between an hour and 2 days. It’s out of our hands, but I’ll let you know when it’s done. My job will take less than half an hour (although some projects are such a mess, they can take hours to sort out)