Post by icequeen »

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
LeanneCvetan

Post by LeanneCvetan »

icequeen wrote: April 28th, 2023, 7:28 pm
LeanneCvetan wrote: April 28th, 2023, 9:39 am Hi there,
May I please claim Prussia, Sections 13 and 29?

Sections 13 and 29 are yours! Thank you!
Thank you!
I was just looking through section 13 and am a little confused about the footnote, which looks to me to be the entire second half of the text. Just looking for confirmation.
This looks like the last paragraph to me and the rest is the footnote - or am I wrong?:

In 1666 an effective Partition of these litigated Territories was accomplished; Prussia to have the Duchy of Cleve-Proper, the Counties of Mark and Ravensberg, with other Patches and Pertinents; Neuburg, what was the better share, to have Juelich Duchy and Berg Duchy. Furthermore, if either of the Lines failed, in no sort was a collateral to be admitted; but Brandenburg was to inherit Neuburg, or Neuburg Brandenburg, as the case might be. A clear Bargain this at last, and in the times that had come it proved executable so far; but if the reader fancies the Lawsuit was at last out in this way, he will be a simple reader. In the days of our little Fritz,[1] the Line of Pfalz-Neuburg was evidently ending; but that Brandenburg, and not a collateral, should succeed it, there lay the quarrel open still, as if it had never been shut, and we shall hear enough about it.
4324GF

Post by 4324GF »

Hello-

Would it be possible to read " The Founding of St Petersburg" ?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Gila
4324GF

Post by 4324GF »

oops. Section 30. I forgot to put this in my post.

Let me know.

Thank you
Gila
nigelkerr114

Post by nigelkerr114 »

Which it's section 27, 24.4mb, 26:44:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents12_27_horne_128kb.mp3

cheers,
Nigel
jenno

Post by jenno »

May I ask the ?BC a question before i begin to record section 21.

The MW notes indicate to only read the H.D. Traill writings.
There is however a short section at the start written by Gilbert Burnet which seems to be pertinent to the whole ?

I am unsure how to proceed ?

Advice please

Jennifer
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

LeanneCvetan wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:12 am
LeanneCvetan wrote: April 28th, 2023, 9:39 am Hi there,
May I please claim Prussia, Sections 13 and 29?

Thank you!
I was just looking through section 13 and am a little confused about the footnote, which looks to me to be the entire second half of the text. Just looking for confirmation.
This looks like the last paragraph to me and the rest is the footnote - or am I wrong?:

In 1666 an effective Partition of these litigated Territories was accomplished; Prussia to have the Duchy of Cleve-Proper, the Counties of Mark and Ravensberg, with other Patches and Pertinents; Neuburg, what was the better share, to have Juelich Duchy and Berg Duchy. Furthermore, if either of the Lines failed, in no sort was a collateral to be admitted; but Brandenburg was to inherit Neuburg, or Neuburg Brandenburg, as the case might be. A clear Bargain this at last, and in the times that had come it proved executable so far; but if the reader fancies the Lawsuit was at last out in this way, he will be a simple reader. In the days of our little Fritz,[1] the Line of Pfalz-Neuburg was evidently ending; but that Brandenburg, and not a collateral, should succeed it, there lay the quarrel open still, as if it had never been shut, and we shall hear enough about it.
There is, in the middle of the text, a
[Footnote 1: Frederick the Great]
just sitting there. I believe that is supposed to be the caption under a picture, which is not there. I just wanted to make sure that readers didn't read those in, some newbies will. The paragraphs right after that Footnote 1: is the rest of the text. Thank you for asking!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

4324GF wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:32 am Hello-

Would it be possible to read " The Founding of St Petersburg" ?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Gila

Section 30 is yours! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

jenno wrote: April 29th, 2023, 3:59 pm May I ask the ?BC a question before i begin to record section 21.

The MW notes indicate to only read the H.D. Traill writings.
There is however a short section at the start written by Gilbert Burnet which seems to be pertinent to the whole ?

I am unsure how to proceed ?

Advice please

Jennifer
The short section at the beginning is included in section 19, so you don't have to read it in your section. Thank you for asking!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 16 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I didn't notice this being launched :oops:

I'll take the Discovery of Mississippi, please :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

LeanneCvetan

Post by LeanneCvetan »

icequeen wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:48 pm
LeanneCvetan wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:12 am

Thank you!

There is, in the middle of the text, a
[Footnote 1: Frederick the Great]
just sitting there. I believe that is supposed to be the caption under a picture, which is not there. I just wanted to make sure that readers didn't read those in, some newbies will. The paragraphs right after that Footnote 1: is the rest of the text. Thank you for asking!

Thank you, I got it now!
4324GF

Post by 4324GF »

Thanks!

Gila