craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

:clap:
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, DaveC!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Delightful news that your standing set was so easy to set up. Section 21 is pl ok. :)
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, pattymarie!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Section 22 is up:

07:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_22_gairdner_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Thank you for your encouragement!
You came to the same solution as I did with the high bookshelf. Really, LibriVox needs a thread devoted to ergonomics! I also got a pair of prescription eyeglasses so I’m no longer tilting my head back to look through bifocals.

Ergonomically yours,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 22 is pl ok.

So glad you've succeeded in improving the ergonomics of your recording set up. I haven't had the tilting the head for bifocals problem because I simply don't record anything I can't either print out or get onto my Kindle and hold in my hands in front of me while I record. From your mention of it as a problem, I've just realized that I do tilt my head a bit to use the lower portion of my progressive bifocal glasses at the computer, a laptop on a traditional writing desk, but it doesn't cause me any pain, so I've never thought about it.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, pattymarie!

Glad you are ergonomically ok so far.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Section 23 is up:

17:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_23_gairdner_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 23 is pl ok. A slice of history I've loved and wept over since childhood reading of a library book about it.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, pattymarie!

The actual trial transcripts have been preserved and are available online.

Jeanne was a worthy adversary in court and she was impossible to catch in heresy. In the end, her own clothes were removed and men’s clothes were all that were left in her cell.

Her family got the charge of heresy reversed after her death and her mother was fearless in confronting the authorities in her defense.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'd read somewhere about her clothes being taken and only men clothes left. I'd forgotten, if I ever knew about her mother's work to clear her name. Brave and indomitable woman. Last time I was in Paris, I got a nice photo of her gold-toned equestrian statue in the Place des Pyramides framed by a ferris wheel in the distance.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Very cool!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Section 24 is up:

13:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_24_gairdner_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 24 is pl ok. Discreditable to malefic doings in our history. :roll:
Pattymarie