[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: October 28th, 2020, 1:20 pm Whoa, whoa, whoa! I don't know what type of English that is, but it's fun to read! Sign me up for the next one too, please (Section 8, The Eighth Constable's Story) I'll have seven to you in a day or so.
It's what a (well educated) mid-nineteenth century person thought archaic language might have looked like. The thing I always find a little confusing is the use of "an" for "if". The second, commentary, half of the volume is in language more contemporary to the time.

Section 8 is all yours.
Last edited by SkyRider on November 11th, 2020, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: October 30th, 2020, 1:09 pm As promised, attached is section 7:
Section 7 is PL OK - thank you so much!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

DickBD wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:34 am Here the very short
Sections 44 (4:42 in length)
(...)
and 45 (4:09 in length)
Sections 44 and 45 are both PL OK. Thank you.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Lmnei wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:32 pm
Just getting to recording some more of my assigned sections and I noticed when scrolling down there are some short pieces between Fourteenth and Fifteenth Constables that are not in the MW. There might be more - I just happened to notice these two.
Thanks for picking up on that, Lynda - they were indeed included in the Fourteenth Constable's history* but the information was in the notes which I overwrote with the duration. I'll make a note to append this to the title.

Thanks again for spotting that,
Paul

(Edit - *and are included in Dick's audio)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Lmnei wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:37 pm
EDIT: After the Eighth Constable there is:

The Thief's Tale.

Which is also not in the MW.
...though this one I missed. I've been including these with the previous section so for consistency this should go with the Eighth Constable. Brize - are you willing to pick this up as part of section 8, please?

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

unicornicecream25 wrote: November 10th, 2020, 7:11 pm Hi! I want to read chapters 28 and 29.
I've provisionally allocated these to you. I say "provisionally" because before you start recording part of a book we like you to record a test piece first. This isn't an audition so much as to check that you can produce a file that meets LibriVox's technical specifications. Details are here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test When you've had a successful test, your sections are waiting for you.
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I've been including these with the previous section so for consistency this should go with the Eighth Constable. Brize - are you willing to pick this up as part of section 8, please?

Cheers,
Paul[
Yes, be glad to pick it up. Please advise if there is any special protocol or announcement, either at the beginning, or at the intersection of the two, other than "end of eighth constable's history...(pause),,,,.The Thiefs Tale..."

You say it's sort of an imagined language, huh? I should've known...fun to read though, like being an actor in a movie with a made-up accent.
Thanks,
Brize
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Yes, be glad to pick it up. Please advise if there is any special protocol or announcement, either at the beginning, or at the intersection of the two, other than "end of eighth constable's history...(pause),,,,.The Thiefs Tale..."
Thanks. I think you could get away with an even shorter break - elsewhere in previous volumes the text has used a title to conclude the sentence leading up to it, so having the "end of..." part would interrupt the flow. I'd suggest simply "but it hath reached me that the rarest thing which befel them was on this wise. (long pause) The Thief's Tale" to stay consistent.

Cheers,
Paul
fluffypinka

Post by fluffypinka »

Hi! If it's okay and you are open for claims, could I please read section 18? Thanks :)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

fluffypinka wrote: November 11th, 2020, 6:21 pm Hi! If it's okay and you are open for claims, could I please read section 18? Thanks :)
Sure - obviously that's subject to someone checking your 1-Minute Test*.

As this is your first reading, this is also your opportunity to decide how you want your name to appear in the catalogue. Let me know and I'll assign the passage to you.

Cheers,
Paul

(*I don't have the slack right now, but if nobody else has checked it by lunchtime UK time then I'll take a look)
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

alanmapstone wrote: November 12th, 2020, 3:02 am Section 75
Section 75 PL OK
fluffypinka

Post by fluffypinka »

SkyRider wrote: November 12th, 2020, 1:59 am
fluffypinka wrote: November 11th, 2020, 6:21 pm Hi! If it's okay and you are open for claims, could I please read section 18? Thanks :)
Sure - obviously that's subject to someone checking your 1-Minute Test*.

As this is your first reading, this is also your opportunity to decide how you want your name to appear in the catalogue. Let me know and I'll assign the passage to you.

Cheers,
Paul

(*I don't have the slack right now, but if nobody else has checked it by lunchtime UK time then I'll take a look)
Since you said my 1 minute test looks good, am I good to go now? Thank you so much for checking out my 1 minute test~!
I would like my name to appear as fluffypinka in the catalogue. :)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

fluffypinka wrote: November 12th, 2020, 8:28 am Since you said my 1 minute test looks good, am I good to go now?
You are indeed. Welcome to LibriVox!

You even have your own reader page on the site now: https://librivox.org/reader/15248

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Would someone be willing to PL the dedication of this, please? It feels too much like marking my own homework to do it myself!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_00_anonymous_128kb.mp3
1m16s

Cheers,
Paul