[COMPLETE] The Many-Sided Franklin, by Paul L. Ford - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rillig

Post by rillig »

I'm also still here, so the project can continue.
msfry

Post by msfry »

rillig wrote:I'm also still here, so the project can continue.
:thumbs:
So we're good to go. I have a long ways to go and there is no rush.
rillig

Post by rillig »

Section 17 PL OK.

Section 18 PL OK.

Sections 18 to 21 are missing in the MW due to a server crash. @msfry, could you upload them again? If you need it, I have backup copies of sections 06 to 21.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Tricia, I just did a Search The Catalog for "Benjamin Franklin", and it did not show this project "in progress". Does our catalog not show these any more?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The title doesn't have "Benjamin" in the name, so it wouldn't come up that way. (The author isn't Franklin, either.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

But if the keywords say Benjamin, Franklin, and
Benjamin Franklin, then it will?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The keyword search in our catalog doesn't work well at all. We ran out of development time and money before it could be perfected. It doesn't surprise me that it doesn't show up in a keyword search.
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote:The keyword search in our catalog doesn't work well at all. We ran out of development time and money before it could be perfected. It doesn't surprise me that it doesn't show up in a keyword search.
Ah, I don't see that I have established any keywords yet. The place where that shows under the MW isn't there on this project. I will be sure and send you keywords before cataloguing. Someone told me, I believe Anne or maybe you, that keywords work well up at IA, and I have found one of our projects that way that I couldn't find using our search function.

Now if you guys will ever get over your abhorrence for fundraising and do a fund drive once a year, we can raise the needed money to solve this and any other problems we may have. We all so deserve it. As I've said before, most people understand that big projects like ours need funding and are happy to help. We just need a bit of reminding. And like with LV's birthday, a big push to a specific goal is exhilarating and motivating, and generally successful.

In fact, I just recorded this observation made by Mark Twain in a recent non-fiction contribution, Concerning The Jews:
"The Jews make no noise about it; it is done quietly; they do not nag and pester and harass us for contributions; they give us peace, and set us an example - an example which we have not found ourselves able to follow; for by nature we are not free givers, and have to be patiently and persistently hunted down in the interest of the unfortunate."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ah, I don't see that I have established any keywords yet. The place where that shows under the MW isn't there on this project.
Actually, you did. I delete the stuff below the MW when I make the project. Some MCs leave it there, but I delete it. :)

Here's what you have:
American revolution
Benjamin Franklin
American history
colonial america
pennsylvania
founding fathers
poor richard's almanack

You may certainly change these at cataloging time if you choose.
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: I delete the stuff below the MW when I make the project. Some MCs leave it there, but I delete it. :)

Here's what you have:
American revolution
Benjamin Franklin
American history
colonial america
pennsylvania
founding fathers
poor richard's almanack

You may certainly change these at cataloging time if you choose.
I like that you delete it. Makes for a much cleaner project for everyone to follow. Except, I see now, the BC needs to keep track of their keywords there, or somewhere else.
I tried deleting all that extraneous material once myself, and erased the MW! Fortunately, my MC was able to put it back.
rillig

Post by rillig »

Section 19 PL OK.

If you absolutely must, you can have a look at these three nitpicks:

10:50 Dr. Denham => Mr. Denham
12:55 to the southwest of Boston => to the southwards of Boston
14:50 and etcetera => etcetera
rillig

Post by rillig »

Section 20 PL OK.

I did not find a single glitch. :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ah, Roland is back. Time for me to put pedal to the metal! I've got 23 - 26 in the can ready to edit. Vroom, vroom!!! I think I love having to keep up! And Ben Franklin is a treasure to read (despite all the quote/end quotes).
rillig

Post by rillig »

Indeed he is. I especially liked the part where he invented kite surfing by accident. I did the same this summer, and having a kite drag you through the water is a great feeling. Powerful and still easily controllable.