COMPLETE: Theo by Frances Hodgson Burnett - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Live4love22!

Thanks a lot! :D

Edit: I've just noticed that your recording is in stereo, but it should be mono! Also the file name should be theo_04_burnett! (number of the section). It would be great if you could fix those two things and reupload! :D

Elli
Last edited by aravis on November 29th, 2009, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Thanks so much for PLing, Mim! :D

Elli
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Live4love22

Post by Live4love22 »

Here they are!

Chapter Three Part One is 15:01 long (naming fixed!)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/theo_04_burnett.mp3

Chapter Three Part Two is 15:07 long
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/theo_05_burnett.mp3
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Live4love22!

Thanks a lot! Hope you enjoyed reading! :D

Elli
Elli

Live4love22

Post by Live4love22 »

Well, in my haste I missed the fact that I repeated a phrase in the second part of chapter three around the 7:03 mark :( I'm so sorry about this! I re-listened and I'm sure about this one. It 15:04
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/theo_05_burnett.mp3
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Live4love22!

Wow, thanks so much! You've fixed things before I had to chance to post PL notes! :D

Elli
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Live4love22!

Chapter 3 Part 2 is PL:OK!!! :D

Elli
Elli

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations everyone! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

http://librivox.org/theo-by-fanny-burnett/
Jo
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

What a lovely surprise this snowy, cold morning in the midst of total "overwhelm" in this pastor's house: a new book I was not even watching, from a favorite author, with some of Librivox's best readers!

Do you people know the good you do in this world? If you will indulge a rambling note....

I think I can best say it by telling you that this is a busy pastor's home, which has been our place of rest and respite, especially this particular Fall..... yesterday was our 8th (or maybe 9th, we lost count) funeral since mid-September. And none of these have been flu-related-- that "group" as not even started! It isn't grim, BTW-- the people in our community are so.... inspiring, in times most people fear.

It IS intense, and time-consuming; processing-time has not been possible, yet, and all the inspiration is kinda piling up (not to mention the laundry)!

Anyway, Burnett is one of my favorite bedtime-story authors (trouble sleeping?!?!?!?), and we also often listen to audiobooks as we drive the long miles through this rural area to get to the visitations and services for the dear people who live here-- who are, in many ways, typical of the Public Domain characters who keep us sane.

And now, here's a little gem of a break between the more scholarly Librivox stuff I assigned myself for this season. See?

Thanks for indulging my ramble. "Thanks, Team" just didn't quite say it, this time, but thanks, Team! :~)

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Aww, thanks Susan :) It's always so wonderful to get a little glimpse into the life of a listener. Hope you enjoy Theo's story! *hugs*
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

:~) You guys may also be doing a little laundry in a little bit. :~)

~S~
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
aravis

Post by aravis »

YAY!!! Thanks so much Jo!

And thanks to everybody for helping get this one done! :D

Elli
Elli