[Group/Adventure Fiction] The First Sir Percy: An Adventure of the Laughing Cavalier - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
ArtistWarrior

Post by ArtistWarrior »

You bet, Winnifred. Sorry I missed that whole section.

The file is here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/firstsirpercy_61_orczy_128kb.mp3

File duration is 5:52.

Thanks! I'm eager for advice and correction!

Kathy
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ArtistWarrior wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:48 am You bet, Winnifred. Sorry I missed that whole section.

The file is here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/firstsirpercy_61_orczy_128kb.mp3

File duration is 5:52.

Thanks! I'm eager for advice and correction!

Kathy
Almost there. The file name should be firstsirpercy_10_orczy_128.mp3. It's the section number you put in, not the chapter number. I know it's a bit confusing, but all projects require the section number in the file name. Usually, they coincide, but because there are split chapters in this project, they don't line up. I'll go ahead and put this into the MW for proof listening, but if there are changes required, please correct the name on the file you submit.

Thanks,
Winnifred
ArtistWarrior

Post by ArtistWarrior »

Thanks, Winnifred. It is a bit confusing.

I've changed the filename so it's ready to go.

New topic: I noticed Chapter 6 has a section 3, and I would like to read it but don't see section 3 available in the list. Am I misreading something, or do I have a wrong copy of Sir Percy?

Thanks again so much. I really appreciate your help and patience.

Kathy
ArtistWarrior

Post by ArtistWarrior »

Winnifred, there are 7 sections in Chapter 6, and I'd be fine reading them all, just for continuity/consistency.

Let me know if I can be assigned those sections, or if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much,

Kathy
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ArtistWarrior wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:16 am Winnifred, there are 7 sections in Chapter 6, and I'd be fine reading them all, just for continuity/consistency.

Let me know if I can be assigned those sections, or if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much,

Kathy
Whoops. Another confusing feature of this book. You're already assigned all parts of Chapter 6.

You're right that Chapter 6 contains 7 Parts, but the whole chapter is split into 2 Sections for the purposes of this project.

So Section 10: Chapter 6.1, contains Parts 1 through 4 and Section 11: Chapter 6.2, contains parts 5 through 7. So you've only recorded Part 1 of Chapter 6.1 and still need to add Parts 2 through 4 to that recording. I'll remove your submission from the Magic Window (sorry, I should have noticed it was far too short for a 4,000 word section) and await the full recording.

There are instructions in the first post also about how to read the Part numbers "Please note: Start and end your recordings with "Chapter 1.1, 1.2," etc. (not "Section 1, 2," etc.) Also, the chapters are each divided into numbered parts; when you come to these numbers, pause for a second, then read them as "Part #" (Part 1, Part 2, etc.) and carry on with the story."

I hope that makes it clearer? I knew when I was setting this one up that it would be confusing, and I tried to clarify everything in that first post. Obviously, I wasn't clear enough. My apologies.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,
Winnifred
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TO ALL READERS: I realize I never provided an indication of where the split chapters are to start and end. My apologies. I've now added the part numbers to each split chapter in the Magic Window, so you can see where your reading starts and ends. Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Winnifred
Sigma1Voice

Post by Sigma1Voice »

Hello team,
I am interested to get involved ! A little bit about myself :I am new to the industry and I am looking forward to contribute and  build up experience.
I am fluent in Spanish, English, French, German, German and Romanian(native)! I do have experience with presentations in meetings either online or in person, usually scientific or technical content, however I am a literature lover, so any reading can be interesting.
If you still need support for this project, I will be happy to hear back. Cheers
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Sigma1Voice wrote: January 25th, 2024, 10:56 am Hello team,
I am interested to get involved ! A little bit about myself :I am new to the industry and I am looking forward to contribute and  build up experience.
I am fluent in Spanish, English, French, German, German and Romanian(native)! I do have experience with presentations in meetings either online or in person, usually scientific or technical content, however I am a literature lover, so any reading can be interesting.
If you still need support for this project, I will be happy to hear back. Cheers
Welcome to Librivox, Sigma1Voice!

Love your enthusiasm! Before I assign you a chapter, however, could you please please make and submit a 1-minute test recording (1-minute test info) to make sure your recording set up is ok? Post your test as a new topic in the Forum appropriately named Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here and an experienced LVer will review it and provide feedback (and/or approve it).

This isn’t an audition, but just to make sure your technical specifications work for Librivox. It would be a shame to record a section then have to redo it because some simple setting is incorrect.

Once your test is approved, head back here and pick an available chapter you'd like to read (the ones marked "Open" in the Magic Window on the first page of this post). You probably want to take a peek at the content and decide which chapter would suit you best.

When you return, please read the top of this thread carefully, as it contains all the instructions you'll need to submit your section. This project is a bit more complicated than most because of the way the chapters are split up.

I look forward to hearing from you once you've had your test approved!

Thanks,
Winnifred
ArtistWarrior

Post by ArtistWarrior »

Oh, Winnifred this is so helpful! And yes, toss that recording, I'll get after the section in a day or two.

It's my first LibriVox recording, so your instructions would have probably been fine for a more seasoned reader!

Thanks so much,

Kathy
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ArtistWarrior wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:42 am Oh, Winnifred this is so helpful! And yes, toss that recording, I'll get after the section in a day or two.

It's my first LibriVox recording, so your instructions would have probably been fine for a more seasoned reader!

Thanks so much,

Kathy
You're too kind. Even experienced readers would have had to spend time scratching their heads and counting words to figure out where their sections began and ended. I just hope they see my post above (or the improved Magic Window) before they start.

Cheers,
Winnifred
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hi Winnifred,

I plan on uploading my chapter tomorrow evening if that's alright.

Thanks,
Stacey
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

StaceyM2022 wrote: January 27th, 2024, 12:12 pm Hi Winnifred,

I plan on uploading my chapter tomorrow evening if that's alright.

Thanks,
Stacey
That's fine. We're not anywhere near the end of this book. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
Winnifred
SarahT42

Post by SarahT42 »

May I please read Chapter 7?

Saraht42
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

SarahT42 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 5:29 pm May I please read Chapter 7?

Saraht42
Yes, you may. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Winnifred
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Sections 4 and 5 have been reopened.

Cheers,
Last edited by Winnifred on January 30th, 2024, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnifred