SOLO Tragedy in Dedham: The Sacco-Vanzetti Case, by Francis Russell - brrot

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 23 is up. More Joe Morelli....

By the way, have you noticed that just about every physical description of a person or even a place by this author is somewhat sneering and derogatory? What is with this guy?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 23 is PL OK :thumbs:

Yeah, I've noticed his descriptions here and there. I've more than once thought, "and just what is that kind of mouth (nose, etc), anyway?" :roll:

and check it out! That kid got my computer to boot up! It's working here in the browser, opened and ran Checker alright on everything I PL'd yesterday and today, opened those audio files ok. Don't know yet if it'll be happy running Audacity with editing going on, let alone recording. But hopefully this'll limp through until the 1st, when we can see about getting a replacement.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

That’s beautiful!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 24 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 24 is PL OK :thumbs:

(and I just realized I skipped over the philosophy section, so that's up for my next PL break)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi all, Had to take away the pic. We're not supposed to have big graphics. I am so glad we got to see it though. Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

:thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks - section 25 is now up.

BTW, despite all appearances, we are not almost done. I will be adding 7 (I think) sections) to the MW. I had to break up the chapters a little more than I anticipated. You know how I am; I am much better at reading sections of 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of an hour, but beyond that I lose consistency in volume, which makes it that much harder to edit, and I get cranky.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: June 8th, 2024, 12:43 pm Thanks - section 25 is now up.

BTW, despite all appearances, we are not almost done. I will be adding 7 (I think) sections) to the MW. I had to break up the chapters a little more than I anticipated. You know how I am; I am much better at reading sections of 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of an hour, but beyond that I lose consistency in volume, which makes it that much harder to edit, and I get cranky.
Ha! I sure get it about the crankiness with editing longer chapters. (You know I do, particularly when they're DR chapters) :lol: 8-)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 25 is PL OK :thumbs:

Well, "political assassination" is the right term for what happened to them. While it's easy to wonder about the innocence or not, it's quite clear that they were bulldozed because of their anarchist connections, and that the court system had a Good 'Ol Boys thing going on. Pretty appalling what some of the figures got away with.
~Lynette * -