[Complete] The Dark Flower by John Galsworthy - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 7 PL OK
vostar

Post by vostar »

Thank you! I will record section 8 please!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

vostar wrote: December 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm Thank you! I will record section 8 please!
All yours
briandailey

Post by briandailey »

I’d like to proof listen but am new here and not sure how to read the table to grab one.

Brian
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

briandailey wrote: December 18th, 2020, 1:09 pm I’d like to proof listen but am new here and not sure how to read the table to grab one.

Brian
Welcome! We definitely have a shortage of proof listeners, so if that turns out to be your niche, you will always have something to do! In general, projects with a tilde (~) in the subject line are looking for a proof listener. That said, I have been proof listening this myself, so would be open to relinquishing that role. 8-)
Please be sure to read the guide for proof listeners https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners

I’d also recommend just proof listening one section before claiming the role of DPL (dedicated proof listener). Just be sure to post in the relevant thread that you are doing so.

Looking at the Magic Window (the big box in the first post), the right hand column will tell you which sections are ready to be checked (look for Ready for PL). Open means unclaimed, assigned means a reader has claimed it and is working on it and PL OK means everything is fine, with no further work needed. Ready for Spot PL is usually left for the person who originally checked the file to double check any edits, so I’d recommend leaving them alone for now. You will see that this project has no sections awaiting proof listening and only 1 outstanding that has been assigned. It was only claimed a couple of days ago, so it could be some time before it is ready for checking (readers are given 2 months).
I hope you can find something to grab your attention 8-)
Lynne
vostar

Post by vostar »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you
vostar

Post by vostar »

I would like to read:

Sec X and sec XI
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

vostar wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 6:26 pm I would like to read:

Sec X and sec XI
All yours
OscBosc

Post by OscBosc »

Hi-This is my first recording so I am sorry if it is not amazing. Please could I read section 1 chapter 12 of the book? Thanks
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OscBosc wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:37 am Hi-This is my first recording so I am sorry if it is not amazing. Please could I read section 1 chapter 12 of the book? Thanks
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
OscBosc

Post by OscBosc »

Lynnet wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:57 am
OscBosc wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:37 am Hi-This is my first recording so I am sorry if it is not amazing. Please could I read section 1 chapter 12 of the book? Thanks
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Hi-I was wondering whether I have to wait until I get feedback from the 1minute test, or I can start recording the section?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OscBosc wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:19 am
Lynne
Hi-I was wondering whether I have to wait until I get feedback from the 1minute test, or I can start recording the section?
I’d recommend waiting... if there is a setting they suggest changing, you don’t want to have to re-record. You can read ahead/practice/rehearse if you wish. I never do, but some readers like to.
OscBosc

Post by OscBosc »

Lynnet wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:29 am
OscBosc wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 10:19 am

Lynne
I’d recommend waiting... if there is a setting they suggest changing, you don’t want to have to re-record. You can read ahead/practice/rehearse if you wish. I never do, but some readers like to.
Ok, thanks for your help
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 8

I hear "Part 8 section 8" -- it should be "part 1 section 8"