[COMPLETE]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ares

Post by Ares »

NICE! THANKS!!
mightyfelix wrote: August 20th, 2020, 5:06 am Thank you, that was quick! :D Don't worry about the length. The limit is actually 72 minutes. I'm not sure why Checker says 60. I'll listen to this and have some feedback for you, but I probably won't have the chance until Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned!
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

Good day,
This is my first time claiming a recording so I hope I'm doing this correctly.
I would like Section 18: Chapter 5, part 3. I would like to claim more, but want to see how it goes first.
Seeing that this is my first, as you asked, I would like my name Linda Pretorius to be the name that appears.

Thank you
Blessings
Linda
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Linda777 wrote: August 21st, 2020, 1:40 am Good day,
This is my first time claiming a recording so I hope I'm doing this correctly.
I would like Section 18: Chapter 5, part 3. I would like to claim more, but want to see how it goes first.
Seeing that this is my first, as you asked, I would like my name Linda Pretorius to be the name that appears.

Thank you
Blessings
Linda
Thank you Linda! I'll be happy to sign you up!

I need some confirmation on the section, though. Section 18 is Chapter 6, part 4. If you want Chapter 5, part 3, that would be section 13. :hmm:

In the meantime, I did set up your reader page. Here it is: https://librivox.org/reader/14849 As soon as I have assigned you the correct section, you'll see this project show up on that page. You'll also be able to click on your name in the MW (magic window in the first post) to get to that page.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 20 aka Chapter 7, Part 2 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_20_patterson_128kb.mp3
35:33

Thanks,

M
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I hope to PL both of these tomorrow.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mleigh wrote: August 21st, 2020, 3:30 pm Section 20 aka Chapter 7, Part 2 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_20_patterson_128kb.mp3

Thanks,

M
Thank you so much! I have to say, I have never heard this theory of eternity before, except (I laugh to say it) tentatively hinted at in C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. :lol: Which is a deeply theological work, but which is also a work of fantasy and speculation. It's so interesting to hear it laid out so carefully here, and while I don't know that I completely agree with the author, it certainly does help one to take off the lenses we tend to wear so habitually when interpreting Scripture.

There are a few corrections to make, but they should be very quick and easy.

1:39 Stumble and repeat: "There seems at first something incon-incongrous (pause) There seems at first something incongruous..."
20:45 Stumble and repeat: "the actual number of the population of the universe, the, the actual number of the population of the universe..."
21:59-22:04 The volume here suddenly drops. I'm betting this phrase was corrected and patched in, and it sounds fine, but is a little hard to hear because it's quieter than the rest. Can you amplify it by 3 or 4 dB please? "We can believe their responsibilities will extend to these worlds."
32:49-32:59 There is a sentence repeated here. Both takes of it sound fine to me, so just pick one to delete. "To the first, the message of the book is, that all Christ is described here, he is to you. To the first, the message of the book is, that all Christ is described here, he is to you."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ares wrote: August 20th, 2020, 12:01 am Hi everyone, I did it! :D
It's 62 minutes 46 seconds
The checker tells me it's too long :( (more than 60 minutes) i dont know how to fix it, i wish it's not important :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_12_patterson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know of any mistakes i've made on the recoding, for me to learn, and to try to fix them.
Cheers!
Thank you, Ares! I very much enjoyed listening to this section. :9: I didn't hear anything that needs to be corrected, except that I want the chapter title to be included as part of the introduction. The text itself all sounded good. Well done!

0:21 Please include the chapter title in the introduction. In this case, "Christ in his present state and work, part 2." (I realized looking at the instructions in the first post that this wasn't stated very clearly, so I have updated it to reflect this.)
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

Hi again
Sorry yes, I mean 13 :lol: . I want Chapter 5, part 3, Section 13.
thank you
Linda
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Linda777 wrote: August 24th, 2020, 12:57 am Hi again
Sorry yes, I mean 13 :lol: . I want Chapter 5, part 3, Section 13.
thank you
Linda
Perfect! That's what I thought you meant, but thanks for confirming. You're in! Let me know if you run into any difficulties. :)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

mightyfelix wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 1:25 pm
mleigh wrote: August 21st, 2020, 3:30 pm Section 20 aka Chapter 7, Part 2 has been uploaded.

Thanks,

M
Thank you so much! I have to say, I have never heard this theory of eternity before, except (I laugh to say it) tentatively hinted at in C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. :lol: Which is a deeply theological work, but which is also a work of fantasy and speculation. It's so interesting to hear it laid out so carefully here, and while I don't know that I completely agree with the author, it certainly does help one to take off the lenses we tend to wear so habitually when interpreting Scripture.

1:39 Stumble and repeat: "There seems at first something incon-incongrous (pause) There seems at first something incongruous..."
20:45 Stumble and repeat: "the actual number of the population of the universe, the, the actual number of the population of the universe..."
21:59-22:04 The volume here suddenly drops. I'm betting this phrase was corrected and patched in, and it sounds fine, but is a little hard to hear because it's quieter than the rest. Can you amplify it by 3 or 4 dB please? "We can believe their responsibilities will extend to these worlds."
32:49-32:59 There is a sentence repeated here. Both takes of it sound fine to me, so just pick one to delete. "To the first, the message of the book is, that all Christ is described here, he is to you. To the first, the message of the book is, that all Christ is described here, he is to you."

:oops: There were some bad mistakes there - you'd think you'd catch the repeats when going through the file again before submitting it. Oh, well that's why we have your expertise in PLing it for us. Thanks so much for that.

Here is my revised section 20 which is slightly shorter than before.
35:20

M
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mleigh wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:04 pm
mightyfelix wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 1:25 pm

Thanks,

M

:oops: There were some bad mistakes there - you'd think you'd catch the repeats when going through the file again before submitting it. Oh, well that's why we have your expertise in PLing it for us. Thanks so much for that.

Here is my revised section 20 which is slightly shorter than before.
35:20

M
No worries! It's pretty easy to miss a cut here or there. We all do it occasionally. And yes, that is what PLers are for! :D

Totally PL ok now! Thanks so much!
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

It is done :clap:
Here is my recording of Chapter 5 Part 3, section 13. I hope I did everything correctly because of this being my first time, I still feel a bit uncertain. Let's hope for the best.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_05_03_patterson_128kb.mp3

Thank you, this was fun and if this one is correct, I'll claim the next part as well, part 14.

Blessings
Linda
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Linda777 wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:48 am It is done :clap:
Here is my recording of Chapter 5 Part 3, section 13. I hope I did everything correctly because of this being my first time, I still feel a bit uncertain. Let's hope for the best.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_05_03_patterson_128kb.mp3

Thank you, this was fun and if this one is correct, I'll claim the next part as well, part 14.

Blessings
Linda
Thank you, Linda! I can go ahead and sign you up for section 14, although I won't be able to PL 13 right away. I'll get to it in a few days, promise!

A couple of reminders to keep in mind:

1. Every time you upload a section, you should submit both the link AND the run time of the recording. We'll need the times for each section when the project is catalogued, so it's helpful to have them right away.

2. When you name your recording, always use the section number, not the chapter number, so it should be 13 in this case. That way, all the sections will sort correctly in the end. Don't worry about it for now. If I find when PLing that there are any corrections to be made, then you can correct the file name with the new version. If not, I can correct it during cataloguing.
Linda777

Post by Linda777 »

Oh, sorry, I'll remember next time. Thank you.
Looking forward to doing section 14..
Ares

Post by Ares »

mightyfelix wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 2:54 pm Thank you, Ares! I very much enjoyed listening to this section. :9: I didn't hear anything that needs to be corrected, except that I want the chapter title to be included as part of the introduction. The text itself all sounded good. Well done!

0:21 Please include the chapter title in the introduction. In this case, "Christ in his present state and work, part 2." (I realized looking at the instructions in the first post that this wasn't stated very clearly, so I have updated it to reflect this.)
Thank you so much for listening, i've just fixed it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_12_patterson_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if i should fix anything else. Cheers!!