ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and finally, the first part of Lady Filson is edited. Sir Randle, we have our cross to bear with our daughter...so let's stick together for once on this one. Lady Filson is plaintively bemoaning her lot in this act... I hope you like it. This upper-class parvenue is a bit of a change of my usual repertoire :lol: :

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_ladyfilson_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 15:11 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:07 amHere's Mrs. Walter Quebec, ready to toot her own horn, or beat her own drum, or whatever metaphor we choose to use :D :
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_mrsquebec_1_128kb.mp3
excellent, TJ, thank you so much. Mrs Quebec is a bit too fond of talking about herself. (I remember my Lady Filson saying of them: "Lady Skewes and Mrs. Walter Quebec ... arranging a concert in aid of ... [sighing] tickets, of course!... what tiring women!..." :lol: )

Well played out, totally PL ok. :thumbs: You sound like you constantly had a (probably fake) grin plastered on your face while speaking. Very fitting.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here is Lady Filson, Act 3. Still exasperated about her children. Now even darling Bertie is proving a disappointment. :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_ladyfilson_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4.26 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am very sorry, my dear, that I am ill-equipped to listen to your dulcet tones while I travel. But I shall be back within earshot shortly, my little cooing pigeon.

Such a pity that Bertie takes after your side of the family. I had expected so much more....

Your husband
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I somehow missed this one launching. I seem to be playing a lot of servants these days. I suppose I'll take another one, since that's all we have left. :wink: Whichever servant you think would be best suited, please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: November 27th, 2019, 2:31 pmI somehow missed this one launching. I seem to be playing a lot of servants these days. I suppose I'll take another one, since that's all we have left. :wink: Whichever servant you think would be best suited, please.
thank you Devorah, so how about John "A cheery little man in seedy clothes" ? Does that sound like someone you would like to play ? :mrgreen: I'll put you in for the role and if you change your mind, just holler !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:01 pmI am very sorry, my dear, that I am ill-equipped to listen to your dulcet tones while I travel. But I shall be back within earshot shortly, my little cooing pigeon.
:lol: what have you done again ?... (excessive praise is suspicious, you know)
Such a pity that Bertie takes after your side of the family. I had expected so much more....
excuse me !? oh no, Bertie is definitely a Filson through and through. Don't blame this on me.

Lady F.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Seems to me that Lady Filson should treat Sir Filson better, lest she drive him into the arms of another woman, like say hypothetically, a Parlourmaid.

True, a mere Knight might not be up to her posh standards, but perhaps she likes slumming it with a bit of rough on occasion.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
shashankjakhmola

Post by shashankjakhmola »

I'd like to try this Westrip guy in Act 2
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:22 pmSeems to me that Lady Filson should treat Sir Filson better, lest she drive him into the arms of another woman, like say hypothetically, a Parlourmaid.
I remember when you were a parlourmaid. :mrgreen: I don't think Sir Filson would be tempted.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

shashankjakhmola wrote: November 30th, 2019, 12:46 amI'd like to try this Westrip guy in Act 2
welcome to the fun and mayhem and thanks for participating. I remember you from the one-minute test :D

I see this is the first time you are doing a drama reading for LV, so here are a few special instructions which I compiled a while ago:

> you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Leonard Westrip, Sir Randle's secretary, read by [your reader name]"

> then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. It may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially not in this case where Westrip only appears in Act 2, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role. ;)

> if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [coughs], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [sits down]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

That's all, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be looking forward to listening to your interpretation of Westrip. :)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: November 30th, 2019, 1:27 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:22 pmSeems to me that Lady Filson should treat Sir Filson better, lest she drive him into the arms of another woman, like say hypothetically, a Parlourmaid.
I remember when you were a parlourmaid. :mrgreen: I don't think Sir Filson would be tempted.

Sonia
He’s currently travelling in a northern USA winter.

Aren’t you worried he might appreciate the keg of brandy she carries around her neck?
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
shashankjakhmola

Post by shashankjakhmola »

Kitty wrote: November 30th, 2019, 1:34 am
shashankjakhmola wrote: November 30th, 2019, 12:46 amI'd like to try this Westrip guy in Act 2
welcome to the fun and mayhem and thanks for participating. I remember you from the one-minute test :D

I see this is the first time you are doing a drama reading for LV, so here are a few special instructions which I compiled a while ago:

> you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Leonard Westrip, Sir Randle's secretary, read by [your reader name]"

> then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. It may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially not in this case where Westrip only appears in Act 2, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role. ;)

> if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [coughs], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [sits down]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

That's all, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be looking forward to listening to your interpretation of Westrip. :)

Sonia
Aw, I am grateful you remember me :D . Thanks a lot for the instructions.

Here is Westrip from Act 2. Hopeful this fulfills the needful. :thumbs:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_westrip_2_128kb.mp3 - 3.49
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Not having read anything but my own role, I feel as thoroughly ignorant of my master's affairs as John himself.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_john_3_128kb.mp3