[COMPLETE] Imaginary Conversations by Walter S Landor-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

The Cecils were quite a dynasty. I've assumed this is William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley (Lord High Treasurer), who was about my age when this conversation occurred:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/imaginaryconversations_cecil_128kb.mp3
Duration: 04:02

Best wishes
Martin
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pjmorgan wrote:
Thanks for catching that! For some reason my search for 'Leontion' in the text didn't grab every instance of her name. I added the missing lines in the correct places, and also fixed a word transposition in 'The feathers, then, really may belong to....' (10th line - I had 'may really belong to'), that I just happened to catch while listening!
Here's the new file (15:12.82): https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/imaginaryconversations_leontion_128kb.mp3
Thanks for the quick turnaround.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Leontion is now PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
pjmorgan

Post by pjmorgan »

wib66 wrote:Leontion is now PL OK thanks
Wonderful, thank you! I'm very nearly done with the first part of the introduction, as well, so I should have that up soon.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MARTIN GEESON wrote:Hi

The Cecils were quite a dynasty. I've assumed this is William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley (Lord High Treasurer), who was about my age when this conversation occurred:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/imaginaryconversations_cecil_128kb.mp3
Duration: 04:02

Best wishes
Martin
Thanks for that Martin great reading. I think you are right about the origins. All is PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pjmorgan wrote:
Wonderful, thank you! I'm very nearly done with the first part of the introduction, as well, so I should have that up soon.
Thats great but there is no rush as we are still at the early stage thanks
Michele
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

It looks like Anne Boleyn has come available again, though the notes say it was assigned in Feb. If the section is looking for a reader, may I step up?
Shakira S. - Verbose, vivacious, versatile vocalist.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
LV Reader Page

My health is utterly pants, but I'm getting things done.

https://soundcloud.com/shakira-s/
https://soundcloud.com/shakira-speaks/
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Shakira wrote:It looks like Anne Boleyn has come available again, though the notes say it was assigned in Feb. If the section is looking for a reader, may I step up?
Hi sorry yes forgot to delete that part. I will sign you up to that section thanks.
Michele
pjmorgan

Post by pjmorgan »

wib66 wrote:
pjmorgan wrote:
Thats great but there is no rush as we are still at the early stage thanks
Just a quick update to let you know I'm still alive! Theatre sort of took over my life for a while, but I'm getting back in the recording saddle soon to finish up the intro. :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pjmorgan wrote: Just a quick update to let you know I'm still alive! Theatre sort of took over my life for a while, but I'm getting back in the recording saddle soon to finish up the intro. :)
Thanks for that. No rush but thanks for updating me that helps. :9:
Michele
SirQueezle

Post by SirQueezle »

I started skimming the beginning and it looks like Marcellus dies(I did not read past where it switches to the queen). I figured he would be a short part. If that is the case and I am eligible I will take the role of Marcellus. :) This would be my first ever recording(not counting tests) and I think it would be fun!

~SirQueezle
There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read. ~G.K. Chesterton
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SirQueezle wrote:I started skimming the beginning and it looks like Marcellus dies(I did not read past where it switches to the queen). I figured he would be a short part. If that is the case and I am eligible I will take the role of Marcellus. :) This would be my first ever recording(not counting tests) and I think it would be fun!

~SirQueezle
Hi no problem I will sign you up to that but please don't start recording until you have the ok for your 1 minute test. I see that it is ready to be looked at again so hopefully you should be good to go soon. Please let me know what name you would like in the catalogue it can be your real name, your user name or another pseudonym thanks
Michele
SirQueezle

Post by SirQueezle »

wib66 wrote:
Hi no problem I will sign you up to that but please don't start recording until you have the ok for your 1 minute test. I see that it is ready to be looked at again so hopefully you should be good to go soon. Please let me know what name you would like in the catalogue it can be your real name, your user name or another pseudonym thanks
I think "SirQueezle" will be okay for the catalog. When recording do I just pause for a few seconds between Marcellus' lines or do I make a new recording every time he speaks?

Thanks and I hope this works out for me. :D

~SirQueezle

---EDIT----

Ok I see now that I just pause for like 5 seconds or so between his lines. :) (took me a bit to figure that out) :P
There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read. ~G.K. Chesterton
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SirQueezle wrote:
wib66 wrote:
I think "SirQueezle" will be okay for the catalog. When recording do I just pause for a few seconds between Marcellus' lines or do I make a new recording every time he speaks?

Thanks and I hope this works out for me. :D

~SirQueezle

---EDIT----

Ok I see now that I just pause for like 5 seconds or so between his lines. :) (took me a bit to figure that out) :P
Yes that's fine it just makes it easier for me to edit the parts together as I can see where the gap is thanks ask if you need any other help
Michele
inflected

Post by inflected »

Can I read Newton? :)
inflected

Dante Alighieri - The Convivio
An Elementary Greek Grammar

On hiatus. If I haven't managed to submit my assigned section on time, please open it up for other readers.